PDA

View Full Version : Villa v Leicester

silkyskills1
17-01-2016, 10:07 AM
I very rarely comment on games not involving us but for this I've made an exception. Watched the game on TV and still cannot understand why Villa were not reduced to 10 men after the award of the penalty for Leicester. If it was unintentional then why was a penalty given? There can't be anyone playing or watching that game who didn't think 'penalty' when the defender blocked a certain goal with his hand. An unacceptable compromise from a weak referee who evened things up by allowing another handball for Villa's equaliser. Great first half on Friday by us though wasn't it?

fatboy47
17-01-2016, 10:22 AM
It were that silky.

There'll still be two top flight teams in claret and blue next season so don't worry yer kex owd lad.

spijed
17-01-2016, 10:37 AM
But then again he should have awarded a penalty against Huth on two occasions so Leicester got away twice.

silkyskills1
17-01-2016, 03:23 PM
My original comment was based on a penalty being given for a blatant hand ball preventing Leicester going 2-0 up. Once the penalty was awarded for that offence it follows that the offender is given a red card. That's the rule, I believe but it wasn't applied. Whether further penalties should or should not have been given is pure conjecture.