PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Taylor.

claretincraven
20-01-2016, 07:10 PM
On Saturday whilst refereeing the Sheffield Weds v Dirty Leeds game he made a horrendous c0ck up. Allowed Weeds to take a free kick before a substitution had been completed, they scored and then he chalked it off after the fourth official alerted him to his mistake. Given his massive error is anyone else surprised like me to switch on the TV and find him refereeing the Leicester v Spurs game tonight? Methinks a night off to reflect on his mistake might have been a bit more apt.
Mind you the apoplexy it gave Steve Evans maybe made it all worthwhile!

ClaretTony2014
20-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Referees for this week's midweek games had already been selected. He's not refereeing in the Premier League this weekend. He's fourth official at West Brom.

The Bedlington Terrier
20-01-2016, 07:14 PM
The FA referees really are a bad joke. They really do not know the rules of the beautiful game. I'm still fuming over the disallowed Mee "goal" against Ipswich!

minniemouth
20-01-2016, 07:23 PM
He was correct. He should have booked Forestieri for taking so long to get off but when the kick was taken Owls, effectively, had 10 men.

ClaretTony2014
20-01-2016, 07:28 PM
He was anything but correct. He should not have restarted play until the substitution had been completed. Having done so, I can find no reason whatsoever to wipe out the goal and Sheffield Wednesday still had 11 players on the pitch.

claretincraven
20-01-2016, 07:28 PM
He was completely correct.....eventually, and when the fourth official told him what had happened. Where he wasn't correct was in allowing the free kick to be taken whilst Sheffield Wed had 10 men....and he should have both known and seen that fact.

Supersub6
20-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Tony --he is refereeing Everton V Swansea on Sunday and rightly so.

pureclaret
20-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Having studdied the footaige of the game and law 3, the linesman did not signal for subtition so if the referee did not know that it was happening then goal should have stood. Also as he was then alerted to what was happening he should have booked Forestieri for ungentlemanly conduct also the number 10 I think it was for wednesday kicked the ball from the centre spot whilst referee was talking to 4th offical so he should have been booked also under interpritaton of the law3 an indirect free kick should have been given where the ball went outof play ie goal line.

charlieinkentucky
21-01-2016, 12:11 AM
I think Taylor is going to be a top, top referee. Mainly because he 'thinks' about the game more than the mainstream refs. Michael Oliver used to do the same. He made some horrendous ricketts at the start of his career, but look at him now

evensteadiereddie
21-01-2016, 06:15 AM
I think he did well to show the courage to correct the mistake.