PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

daveisaclaret
22-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Hi guys,

I am pleased and proud to announce that I have been chosen as the new manager of the ClaretsMad brand.

I just want to assure you that we can recover from this temporary setback and I plan to be worth every penny of my generous payment package.

Together we are strong!

g69
22-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Congratulations and best wishes for all aboard
UTC

BereavementDividend
22-01-2016, 09:50 PM
Hi mate,

Congrats first of all,

Pretty sure we've had communication via email many moons ago....

Have the IP bans been removed?

What are the plans going forward for this site, to get the userbase back to how it was? I never saw any adverts as I used the *******s and admuncher etc so ads have never been a problem for me.

Do you intend to adopt a more open moderation policy?

If you need any help, give us a shout.

Boliclaret
22-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Hi, and all the best restoring CM. One question, if the posters who have gone elsewhere want to return, will they be accepted back with the same users?

daveisaclaret
22-01-2016, 09:57 PM
"Have the IP bans been removed?"

They will be - I believe there's a technical glitch atm that the boffins are working around the clock to solve.

"What are the plans going forward for this site, to get the userbase back to how it was? I never saw any adverts as I used the *******s and admuncher etc so ads have never been a problem for me."

Without wanting to bring adverts into it - because I believe as a business we should be making money wherever we can - I believe that if we carry on as we have been with aplomb and with endeavour we can entice back the membership we once enjoyed.

"Do you intend to adopt a more open moderation policy?"

I've long felt it's a shame that people were banned from this messageboard for being idiots. I can officially declare that policy will not continue.

"If you need any help, give us a shout."

It may be a few days, but I need to organise a team of moderators and you are a strong candidate.

Thank you for your feedback and support.

daveisaclaret
22-01-2016, 09:58 PM
"Hi, and all the best restoring CM. One question, if the posters who have gone elsewhere want to return, will they be accepted back with the same users?"

All Clarets fans are welcome here, unless they call me fat.

irish_claret
22-01-2016, 09:59 PM
I can't decide if you're being serious or not [fat] daveisaclaret...if not then brilliant job of reeling BD in...I'd say he's owned now in any case.

If you are the new grand fromage then you're going to need more than luck, especially if the revenue stream to fund you is going to be ever more intrusive (is that even possible?) adverts that you say above you want to ignore (the problem).

People have left Footymad - en masse ( over 1000 now on UTC) not because of dissatisfaction with it's moderation, it's the blinkered and deaf lugs ostrich behaviour of Simon and his cronies who refused to accept that we the ordinary members could or would do anything about it.

Sad but it was always going to happen.

UTC

BelialofBacup
22-01-2016, 10:02 PM
I don't think that many will stick around, although you might get the odd one peeping about

daveisaclaret
22-01-2016, 10:04 PM
I don't see why we would need luck. This has been THE place for Burnley fans for ten years. We're too big to fail.

Bin_Ont_Turf
Well done Dave.

You know this 'Weird trick to make women to obsess over you'?

Is the weird trick rohypnol?

Rick_Muller
I genuinely wish you all the luck, you really are going to need a heck of a lot.

I personally will visit which ever forum has the most going on and is welcoming to use. Right now, it isn't ClaretsMad. I will of course drop by from time to time, but I fear the deed is done and it's doomed.

daveisaclaret
22-01-2016, 10:06 PM
I'm not in direct control of the adverts, BOT. That's all run by FootyMad and we just have to accept that and live off the profits.

I've always felt a dedicated, gritty forum persona is a good way to entice women though - perhaps if more Clarets can think like that we can start the revival of this website right now?

Bin_Ont_Turf
22-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Come on Rick, he's taking the michael.

daveisaclaret
22-01-2016, 10:11 PM
A less tolerant administrator would ban you for comments like that, BOT.

Bin_Ont_Turf
22-01-2016, 10:14 PM
Don't I know it.

You're doing a grand job so far though Dave.

BereavementDividend
22-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Banned

daveisaclaret
22-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Why say that BD? I wouldn't ban you.

Bit disappointing to see such a lack of brand loyalty from people to be honest

BereavementDividend
22-01-2016, 10:23 PM
Hahahaha.

Dave, are you serious by the way? I saw a thread on here with them asking for help, so I assume you've been chosen through that? Quick turn around if so.

daveisaclaret
22-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Without wanting to blow my own trumpet, I've been an incredible contributor to the messageboard, written some champion guest match reports and shown dedication to Burnley FC. It made me a great candidate.

I'm able to discuss the current situation with a bit of levity but that doesn't change that they've chosen me to be in charge and I hope to build this place back up after discussions with the owners.

BereavementDividend
22-01-2016, 10:28 PM
We shall rule with an iron fist.

And fist with an iron ruler.

Imploding Turtle
23-01-2016, 05:46 AM
Congratulations Daveisaclaret.

https://i.imgur.com/9dbKUWa.jpg

I want to wish you all the best in your new role and chief moderator/editor or whatever your title is going to be.
https://i.imgur.com/MUlgLvN.gif

And good luck to everyone who chooses to stay. I'm sure I speak for everyone on UTC, because I'm obviously the voice of the people, when I say that we hold no ill-will towards any of you https://i.imgur.com/HkFGGOG.jpg or in fact anyone at FootyMad.

Boliclaret
23-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Due to all that clutter I had to click on to page 1 of the thread and then click back to the forum. The part to click onto had disappeared. A case of point well made, Imploding.

Firthy
23-01-2016, 07:35 AM
I wish you all the best but worry that you'll become a gravedigger as leader of this graveyard. I admire your dedication and loyalty to CM but 800 users and 16,000 posts in 2 days on the new site says it all.

The problems on here are not the people but the design and adverts. Pages take too long to load, topics jump off the page and you end up clicking on the wrong thread, you can't read all of the replies because they run into the claret block on the right hand side of the page.

Seriously, check out the new site and you'll realise what a pleasure it is to use.

longside4evr
23-01-2016, 07:50 AM
I think your doing a suave job Dave you are the one to build it up from the ashes without question its a gallant effort your making.
But could I put my body on the line and give you a little cautious word of advice don't get your hands burnt Its dog eats dog now :D

pushpinpussy
23-01-2016, 07:51 AM
i will use both sites for the time being. i see already on the other board a lot of the numpteys have signed up and it is early days. however, i couldnt get on this forum this morning on my ipad and iphone and i cant read the full message on my laptop because of the black font on the claret background. hopefully you will sort it all out. i still think this board can be a lot bigger than the other one but good luck to all of you. competition is good.

Imploding Turtle
23-01-2016, 08:08 AM
" i see already on the other board a lot of the numpteys have signed up "

Oh god. Are you OK? If there's anything I can do at this difficult time please let me know.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

g69
23-01-2016, 09:18 AM
'Imp.Turt. This should not be us v us and "do you want to be in my gang "We are all Clarets , now not all mad but which ever site you choose all the same cause. It's not a time to sling mud over the fence and beat each other up but should remain united with all Burnley fans where ever they are and whatever their choice and let the market dictate
UTC

g69
23-01-2016, 09:28 AM

g69
23-01-2016, 09:28 AM

Imploding Turtle
23-01-2016, 10:25 AM
"This should not be us v us and "do you want to be in my gang"

I don't believe you saw me try to make it like that. I was merely mocking someones sensitivities.. The medium by which I mock someones sensitivities matters not.

pushpinpussy
23-01-2016, 10:59 AM
[quote="Imploding Turtle"

Oh god. Are you OK? If there's anything I can do at this difficult time please let me know.
My thoughts are with you and your family.[/quote]

And a numptey has responded. pmsl. however, ive never heard of you.