PDA

View Full Version : The man whom I adored -A Humble hommage to Frank Teasdale who is no more .

davemanu2000
01-02-2016, 04:37 PM
i met him in Mauritius in 1994 . He had accompanied burnley on their secon visit . i approached him at Auguste Vollaire Stadium where they were training . i was wearing my Burnley shirt . He smiled at me and beckoned to approach him . The man is no other than Frank Teasdale . On the very moment our friendship was cemented and lasted till his last days . i sent him a Xmas card which I do every year .
It was in England that i met him him 1995 . Sad that Burnley were relegated .I phoned him and we met at blackburn raileay Station . we went directly to turf Moor where he introduced me his senior staff .We went to the Borough Council where the Mayor gave a civic reception . we visited the training ground which was being improved .He made arrangement that i stayed in a hotel at Accrington which was close to his house . during dinner he sipped a pint of beer . He preferred walking the distance than travelling by his car . He did not want that the good of Burnley be tarnished because o

suttonclaret
01-02-2016, 05:28 PM
thanks for that dave .glad your still posting here

Rick1882
01-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Thank you, Dave!

alfinyalcabo
01-02-2016, 05:36 PM
A wonderful eulogy Dave, seems like you and him were great friends,it's good to read your posts on here, long may they continue mate

The Bedlington Terrier
01-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Frank was a man blessed with a generosity of spirit. Glad you had the great pleasure to meet with him Dave. Thanks for posting!

buxtonclaret
02-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Good post, Dave.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-02-2016, 10:18 AM
There will be a minute's silence today to commemorate the lives of Frank and the late, great Ray Pointer.