PDA

View Full Version : New mod - Hello!

Rick1882
01-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Hey guys,

In the interest of openness which the new editor wants to promote for the new Clarets Mad, I thought I'd start a thread to introduce myself.

I'll be assisting with the moderation of the board from now, a job given to me by the new editor, which I graciously accepted.

I'll always try to be fair and without bias, and there's not much I would ever think would make me ban someone or delete a thread, and, if it ever comes to it, I will try to always provide information as to why someone has been banned or something has been removed.

Any questions?

Cheers!

Rick

norvenmunky
01-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Is there a silent p in your?:D

Rick1882
01-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Yes, but it's only pronounced by people that don't like me for some reason.

alfinyalcabo
01-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the Board Rick ..Are you CT in disguise ..:D and Are we going up automatic?

Rick1882
01-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Are we going up automatic?

I predict via the play offs!

And no, I'm not! :D

swaledale
01-02-2016, 05:43 PM
Hey guys,

In the interest of openness which the new editor wants to promote for the new Clarets Mad, I thought I'd start a thread to introduce myself.

I'll be assisting with the moderation of the board from now, a job given to me by the new editor, which I graciously accepted.

I'll always try to be fair and without bias, and there's not much I would ever think would make me ban someone or delete a thread, and, if it ever comes to it, I will try to always provide information as to why someone has been banned or something has been removed.

Any questions?

Cheers!

Rick

You sound like the sort of Mod we could do with on DerbyMad!! We have a Mod who is too touchy by half!

For the record I can see the Rams meeting Burnley in the playoffs and losing out to you lot.

Rick1882
01-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself, Swale! You're always welcome here to discuss football matters.

Personally I feel the Play offs are our only hope of promotion. Hull/Boro seem a bit too strong.

I'd hate to meet Derby in the final, I wouldn't be able to watch.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Let me assure you all Rick has been properly vetted (he said it hurt too!) He is genuinely an all round "Good Egg" and shares my disdain for megalomania! I am sure you will find him better than fair and without an ego that needs to be fed by "Power Mania!"
Welcome on board Rick!

Primitive
01-02-2016, 05:48 PM
You sound like the sort of Mod we could do with on DerbyMad!! We have a Mod who is too touchy by half

CT moderates Derbymad now?

The Bedlington Terrier
01-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Our Rick may well be a decent human being but I do not at all share his views on us going up via the play-offs. I'm sticking with my "Promoted by Easter" prediction!

Leisure
01-02-2016, 05:52 PM
What is the boards policy on selling/offering match tickets?

The Bedlington Terrier
01-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Pete, personally I have no problem with it whatsoever. If I recall correctly CT had an issue with a "fraudulent" sale that he took exception to? I am unaware of any Footymad restrictions on this subject. For me it's "Caveat emptor" (that's not a Harry Potter Magic spell by the way!) it translates to "Let the buyer beware!" So it's a green light from me! Obviously no ticket touting or racketeering, otherwise I will take exception! I have myself in the past been left with away tickets that for one reason or another I was unable to use. Anyone enlighten me if they can see a problem I am unaware of?

uni_queue
01-02-2016, 11:17 PM
Take care with this one
It is illegal to offer football tickets for re sale
- even if you dont consider yourself a "tout" or a "racketeeer" and are just trying to offload a personal ticket. It would be the OP who was guilty of the offence but If the mesageboard openly permits it then you might find that you would either have to identify the OP or could be implicated in the "offence itself"

Rick1882
02-02-2016, 05:51 AM
TEC -

Might want to read the following paragraph here :

Ticket touting and football

Touts will often try to sell tickets outside football grounds at inflated prices. However, resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.

This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person.

However, touts began to find ways around this legislation, for example, by selling other types of merchandise at an inflated price with the inclusion of a ‘free’ match ticket.

Consequently, this Act has been amended by section 53 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. This imposes the following restrictions in relation to the resale of football tickets:

newspapers cannot carry advertising for ticket touts;
touts are prevented from claiming that a match ticket comes ‘free’ with another product;
section 166 will apply to

The Bedlington Terrier
02-02-2016, 06:02 AM
Looks like a "No" then! A pity however that posters who know each other can't help each other out? I suppose at the end of the day we must defend the integrity of our site? I will ask for clarification from the admin team at Footymad and get back to you..

Rick1882
02-02-2016, 06:09 AM
It does seem like the law, and we would unfortunately be under scrutiny to whatever punishments would be available for "actively" allowing it to happen, however, if people "need tickets" and someone on here has them available, I'm sure there can be something put in place where they swap contact details and go about it as two consenting adults.

Always better to be safe than sued.

oldcolner
02-02-2016, 10:21 AM
It seems touting is not allowed by law but that is selling at inflated prices . Surely one can sell a ticket at face value or less without facing prosecution or the world has gone truly Mad

NorthernManInSouth
02-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Is there the potential of a direct/private messaging service on this site?

If so, could you not just accept "tickets wanted for game against X, PM me if you have one spare" type threads?

JeremyBender
02-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Welcome Rick.

Let's all try and make this board the envy of all others!

Unbanned
02-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Welcome Rick.

Let's all try and make this board the envy of all others!

I think that we will see a steady influx of people coming back from the other site as this year progresses.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-02-2016, 06:34 PM
That's the objective Unbanned, that's the objective!

CariocaClaret
03-02-2016, 07:04 PM
ClaretandJew a mod?

swaledale
04-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Always happy to talk football and whilst some of my fellow woollies don't agree, I've always rated Dyche, the appointment at Clement at Derby was a massive gamble - he is an experienced coach, but managing the team (even if they call him Head Coach) is a different ball game and its showing at the moment.

Not a fan of mindless expenditure either and we seem to have bought players without having a clear plan, though undoubtedly the squad as a whole has quality, they just look like they haven't a clue what we are supposed to be doing on the pitch - sure we keep possession and do lots of passing, mainly sideways and backwards, but little forward movement and few chances created.

It could just be a mid season blip, we still have time to get back on track, but Hull and Boro look odds on for the auto places, leaving the rest of us to face the lottery of the play offs - mind you if we don't start winning soon, then we will be struggling me thinks. Our Fulham game on Sat is a must win.

thedonz
04-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Never mind the rest of us , we will be fighting Middleborough and Hull all the way.

You are right about yourselves, you need to turn your very poor form around very quickly. Not sure you can do it.

swaledale
04-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Your not sure we can do it? I'm not confident! Though every team has a sticky patch, you and Hull seem to have had yours, your game against Hull may be a pointer for where you will finish up, Boro are finding it tricky, so heres hoping we can get things back on track this weekend.

It does make for an interesting league with no teams drawing away from the pack though.