PDA

View Full Version : O/t Greedy junior doctors strike again

kempo
09-03-2016, 08:12 AM
Luckily defender of doctors behaviour John2 managed to get his op last week...How lucky was that?

His imaginary GF is now off to look after him!

Doctors are concerned that they will have to work slightly more than one weekend in 4 to maintain their incomes....poor things.

Worried they will have to arrange extra child care!!...Wow!..That's a unique problem no other worker has to deal with isn't it?

What will happen?

New contract will be introduced without any problems as the vast majority of juniors have very short term contracts, most 6 months so won't be able to mount any legal challenge...they will see that it's very fair and really no problem working a few weekends...the middle class women who have swamped the medical profession because it is the highest paid work anyone can get for part time working will continue with their middle class moaning as they always do, complain of feeling tired all the time and keep telling lies about their earnings and working hours.

W

John2
09-03-2016, 08:21 AM
A thread as predictable as it is boring.

kempo
09-03-2016, 08:25 AM
A thread as predictable as it is boring.

Maybe to some but at least it is written with knowledge, experience and truthfulness and not googled!

jolly_roger
09-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Hope you enjoyed your break Dr K

What's your opinion on this?

See link - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-35744406)

millmoormagic
09-03-2016, 01:32 PM

See link

I think he was bang on about challenging the wearing of the head scarf, but don't know the tone of the blog to comment on that.

millmoormagic
09-03-2016, 01:33 PM
[quote="kempo"]Luckily defender of doctors behaviour John2 managed to get his op last week...How lucky was that?

His imaginary GF is now off to look after him!

Doctors are concerned that they will have to work slightly more than one weekend in 4 to maintain their incomes....poor things.

Worried they will have to arrange extra child care!!...Wow!..That's a unique problem no other worker has to deal with isn't it?

What will happen?

New contract will be introduced without any problems as the vast majority of juniors have very short term contracts, most 6 months so won't be able to mount any legal challenge...they will see that it's very fair and really no problem working a few weekends...the middle class women who have swamped the medical profession because it is the highest paid work anyone can get for part time working will continue with their middle class moaning as they always do, complain of feeling tired all the time and keep telling lies abou

kempo
09-03-2016, 02:43 PM

See link

Very nice break thanks.

Dr R was correct to complain because the wearing of the scarf was against hospital rules and it is not unreasonable to feel it may be an infection risk.

However, assuming that the scarf was clean then it would do at least the same job as a paper cap in covering the hair and any increased infection risk is unlikely.

Surgical caps are disposable and clean but not sterile.

I do not know the tone of the complaint but suspect that the suspension was over the top and this matter could have been dealt with without losing the services of a consultant anaesthetist.

Hospital Chiefs love suspending doctors on full pay often for many months and it's common.

They then waste more money on locums.

So as odd as it may seem any clean hair covering would do the job but of course would be against hospital rules which ensure that

kempo
09-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Junior doctors are highly educated, highly skilled usually young people doing a medical apprenticeship starting around 23 years of age.

In their late twenties they will be on say 35000..ie better than 80 per cent of the population, even better if age is taken into account.

After they have qualified for thei specialty then the money really flows..GP 40 hour week 100k(top 2per cent of uk earners.

Most consultants earn much more by virtue of private work doubling their NHS salary.

They get a risk free pension...mine for instance with retirement at 57 is 43 k per year and a lump sum of just short of 200 K( tax free) and that's with many years before the pensionable earnings created by the new contract giving a massive boost.

Guaranteed job security.

40 hour week for GPs if that..50 odd maximum per week average for hospital juniors 56 I think.

Contract was imposed and they told us that they were off to Australia!..yet I keep spotting them dancing and singing outside

John2
09-03-2016, 03:54 PM
[quote="kempo"]Junior doctors are highly educated, highly skilled usually young people doing a medical apprenticeship starting around 23 years of age.

In their late twenties they will be on say 35000..ie better than 80 per cent of the population, even better if age is taken into account.

After they have qualified for thei specialty then the money really flows..GP 40 hour week 100k(top 2per cent of uk earners.

Most consultants earn much more by virtue of private work doubling their NHS salary.

They get a risk free pension...mine for instance with retirement at 57 is 43 k per year and a lump sum of just short of 200 K( tax free) and that's with many years before the pensionable earnings created by the new contract giving a massive boost.

Guaranteed job security.

40 hour week for GPs if that..50 odd maximum per week average for hospital juniors 56 I think.

Contract was imposed and they told us that they were off to Australia!..yet I keep s

Brin
09-03-2016, 04:00 PM
Does anyone get the feeling Kempo never got to the level of 'Junior' Doctor and it wrangles with him?

millmoormagic
09-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Does anyone get the feeling Kempo never got to the level of 'Junior' Doctor and it wrangles with him?

I get the feeling he definitley got to the level of senior googleist.....

jolly_roger
09-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Whatever he is he knows a fake when he sees one ( or reads the ramblings of one)

kempo
09-03-2016, 05:49 PM

Completely incorrect brin...worked as a Junior doctor for 4 years.

kempo
09-03-2016, 05:51 PM

I get the feeling he definitley got to the level of senior googleist.....[/quote]

Fancy backing your opinion with a small bet?

Rileyev2
09-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Very boring groundhog day Kempo.

Put the bloody rods, groundbait and maggots back in the car/van/limo or Rolls Royce.

Its got to be tiresome now Fella.

I do like you though, but you have definitely lost your edge recently Sir.

millmoormagic
09-03-2016, 06:18 PM

I get the feeling he definitley got to the level of senior googleist.....[/quote]

Fancy backing your opinion with a small bet?[/quote]

Once again a predictable and boring reposte old chap, come on, tell me, how many times have you used that old chestnut on this board... hahaha

As riley said, you're losing it Kemzil :D :D

kempo
09-03-2016, 08:46 PM

Fancy backing your opinion with a small bet?[/quote]

Once again a predictable and boring reposte old chap, come on, tell me, how many times have you used that old chestnut on this board... hahaha

As riley said, you're losing it Kemzil :D :D [/quote]

That would be a no then!..For once you have made the correct choice..well done!

jolly_roger
09-03-2016, 08:50 PM
I'm still no nearer understanding this, how can arguing over Saturday pay be a safety for patients issue?

kempo
09-03-2016, 08:53 PM
It isn't ...It's just a lie because they haven't the guts to say its about money.

They churn the same lie out every time...Of course it's not about patient safety...

John2 will google the answer or pose the question to his 'girlfriend'

kempo
11-03-2016, 09:39 AM
I am hearing that a new contract with consultants re routine working at weekends is very close to being agreed.

Where will this leave the juniors?

Completely out on a limb, completely isolated, up the creek without a paddle.

I note an A/E consultant has been suspended for giving his opinions about patients who abuse the NHS

I don't actually agree with his opinions but agree with his right to express them.

He should have used an anonymous username!

millmoormagic
11-03-2016, 02:38 PM
I am hearing that a new contract with consultants re routine working at weekends is very close to being agreed.

Where will this leave the juniors?

Completely out on a limb, completely isolated, up the creek without a paddle.

I note an A/E consultant has been suspended for giving his opinions about patients who abuse the NHS

I don't actually agree with his opinions but agree with his right to express them.

He should have used an anonymous username!

Yeh he should definitely have sorted out another alias, eh Kemzil.....

kempo
11-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Nice post millmoor...usual high standard