PDA

View Full Version : Ot us presidentials

slaskmillereturns
11-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Just realised don't know if it's just me but if Donald Trump wins ?
Does president trump sound extremely wrong. Mr Men character comes to mind ????

jolly_roger
12-03-2016, 01:00 AM
There's nothing attractive about US politics.

In a country that was daft enough to elect a bloke just because he was black suggests that Trump could easily win no matter what he does or says.

CAMiller
12-03-2016, 02:06 AM
That's a poor analogy JR. Sometimes you let your fear of positive discrimination get in the way of the facts that black people, women, gays...etc are qualified, can actually do a good job and aren't just put there because they are a 'minority'.

ParkgateMiller
12-03-2016, 06:03 AM
How the world has changed, hey? - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/barnsley-mad/2109481419/#JopdQy666VwUBK7T.97)

jolly_roger
12-03-2016, 08:41 AM
That's a poor analogy JR. Sometimes you let your fear of positive discrimination get in the way of the facts that black people, women, gays...etc are qualified, can actually do a good job and aren't just put there because they are a 'minority'.

Maybe, but Obama's record hasn't been great. I'm struggling to remember any real achievements in his term of office. He's even took to blaming other governments for his failures.

Meanwhile democracy in action hits Chicago.

scum_triumphant
12-03-2016, 08:55 AM

Maybe, but Obama's record hasn't been great. I'm struggling to remember any real achievements in his term of office. He's even took to blaming other governments for his failures.

Meanwhile democracy in action hits Chicago.[/quote]

I'm proud of Chicago. You jibe about democracy but they demonstrated against a billionaire who has never held an elected position that wants to build a 2000 mile long wall and ban people based on their religion.

Reports from within his own family that he only planned to campaign for a month then drop out as a publicity stunt. But his unforeseen popularity has made him stay on.

Edit:typo

stevemiller
12-03-2016, 09:32 AM
How the world has changed, hey?

May I state for the record that the 3rd interviewee in the video is definitely not me.

kempo
12-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Trump becoming president is too frightening to even think about.

My bet is that he would be assassinated within 3 months

( Note to Cheltenham listening station...don't waste your time)

jolly_roger
12-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Yep, that's the American way.

CAMiller
12-03-2016, 02:42 PM
How the world has changed, hey?

Thanks for that link PM. An excellent vignette of his life and what looks like an interesting series of videos.