PDA

View Full Version : Danny Ward

BellBoy
18-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Just saw this fact in the BBC match preview for tomorrow;
Danny Ward has been directly involved in nine of Rotherham's last 14 goals (three goals, six assists).
This fact alone seems to prove his current worth. His current workrate is also high.
I think most fans rate him and his run in the team show NW rates him, as did NR and SE before him.
Another 5 goals this season Danny please, to help seal our survival.

scum_triumphant
18-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Been like a new player in the last 6 weeks.
Looks much better with other attacking players around him. Second only to Camp as player of the season.

Where are all those that slagged him under Redfearn?
The lone striker role wasn't his fault.

jolly_roger
18-03-2016, 11:28 PM
He's also entertaining in guessing how far into a match he gets before he starts limping XD

scum_triumphant
18-03-2016, 11:53 PM
But not as entertaining as seeing how long it takes you to be cynical in a positive thread.

jolly_roger
19-03-2016, 12:42 AM
Tee hee

scum_triumphant
19-03-2016, 01:31 AM
Mission complete Jolly and the masses lap it up.
I see through you though, and I know exactly what/who/why you are.

gm_gm
19-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Been like a new player in the last 6 weeks.
Looks much better with other attacking players around him. Second only to Camp as player of the season.

Where are all those that slagged him under Redfearn?
The lone striker role wasn't his fault.

Bang on....since the team shape has changed it has seen certain players improve massively, they were previously being asked to play a formation and tactics that didn't suit.

Incredible how a few changes can make such a big impact

millertop
19-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Before Eric has his say again ;). Yes we all (most) could see what a player Ward was but his injuries were a worry, let's hope he stays injury free and we are able to keep him along with Newell because clubs will be looking at them .

has SE been knocking yet?

sawmiller
19-03-2016, 09:36 AM
knocking? shopping?

The only question mark for me over Danny is to do with his 'injury prone-ness' (ditto Frex for that matter) - that is up to the medical staff working with him to identify and manage the best they can. As a player, he brings a great deal to the team, no doubt - just as Frex and, to be fair, the rest of the team do. Telling how a change in management approach can bring the best out of what is, essentially, a decent squad which has the ability to do better in this league - hope we get the chance to show this next season in this league...

jolly_roger
19-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Mission complete Jolly and the masses lap it up.
I see through you though, and I know exactly what/who/why you are.

I doubt it scum, and even if you did it wouldn't really matter.

PeteWaller
19-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Danny is a revelation now. Hard working too.

Out of position under previous two and it made him look bad. His attitude then, reflected his mood at the time.

Flourishing under Warnock's guidance

kempo
19-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Laughed at this thread.

Ward was down to play today and injured his back two hours before kick off and Warnock only had another keeper available to stick on the bench...strange but true

CAMiller
19-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Yes - good job JR wasn't betting on the over/under as I doubt he would have had -120 minutes XD

Casper64Frank
20-03-2016, 01:14 AM
Yes he had a back spasm shortly before kick off. He now has 2 weeks to get fit.
Best of luck Danny, we do need you back in the side / squad despite your long list of injuries.

MILLERSTALE
20-03-2016, 07:28 AM
Yes must have injured himself shaking the salt pot at yesterday's pre match meal ? There is no way we can ever keep Danny fit ! He just is what he is, very, very injury prone, good player when on the field though!

jolly_roger
21-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Cynical?

Or just a spot on observation that Ward out of all our players seems to be prone to picking up "unusual" injuries from relatively little contact or in this case no contact at all.

Deepmidwinter
21-03-2016, 06:32 PM
I occasionally go into spasm and tbh I quite enjoy it.

Ericsladkilnhurst
21-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Quite right Millertop

Yes I have been saying all along on the board that Danny Ward would come good,& I've stuck with my opinion when the lad has been pulled to bits on the board.
Hope he finds the net more, but his work rate for the team has been good, even Warnock calling his praises about his work-rate for the Millers.

sawmiller
21-03-2016, 10:54 PM
(When fit) we are starting to see the best of him - brings much to the team - wonder how many games per season we could get out of him? Ditto Frex for that matter.

Ellis_D
23-03-2016, 09:56 PM
I think Danny Ward is a fantastic player and so hardworking too.