PDA

View Full Version : academy

welovebooth
22-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Looks like the academy is doing its job 4-5 kids signing pro forms recently.

Makes a nice change

ThryberghMILLER23
22-03-2016, 06:47 PM
I know wot I think of our academy and it is not good, my 9 year old is asked to join an academy training session so they can take a look at him. 10 mins into session I notice my son has pulled a calf muscle and is not running right. For 50 mins he was left on pitch nearly all of it he was hobbling and could not run and was hopping around. As you are not allowed to shout I was growing more frustrated to watch him. Finally after an hour the coaches pulled him off the pitch gave him some stretches then put him back on, mins later they pulled him off cos he could not run as before. When they walked him over to me I said " he did that 10 mins into session and he could not run all way through", the reply I got was we saw and we thought he may run it off. The fact was they were not watching him all way through and my poor child had to just suffer cos he would not walk off in his trail. The coach said they would contact me and bring him again because he has not had a fair chance. Well no conta

millmoormagic
22-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Poor that Thrybergh, in my opinion academies treat the kids like sheep, and discard them at the slightest sign of weakness. To not get back to yer also shows a lack of professionalism, but i also know that the coaches there won't be getting paid a lot, it's a whole step change from the professional side of the club, so i's not really a surprise.

Pocket rocket
22-03-2016, 07:33 PM
The academies are looking for that one Gem and anyone else is just considered a number.