PDA

View Full Version : Rest key players tuesday?

millmoormagic
03-04-2016, 03:47 PM
What do folks reckon, rest Frecks, play JCH, with a view to having players mega fit for saturday? or go for it?

Pocket rocket
03-04-2016, 03:55 PM
No go for it if we win and mk Dons lose it will be 8 point gap.

millers88
03-04-2016, 04:01 PM
I Wouldn't rest the spine of the team but maybe Richardson, Thomas, Newell and D.Ward in for Kelly, Derbyshire, G.Ward and Best, imo we cant afford to leave out Broadfoot, Halford, Smallwood and Frecklington because there absolute solid atm.

PeteWaller
03-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Always go with our best side for me - and use bench players to help out

redhouse
03-04-2016, 04:21 PM
They have just had an international break keep the same side with a couple of changes only if need be or NW thinks it is required tactically

Let's try and keep the momentum going besides all of our squad are now key players under NW

gwru
03-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Side: Camp; Kelly or Doyley Broadfoot Wood or Belaid Mattock; Halford; G Ward Frecks Smallwood Newell; D Ward.

Next 4 games are our stopping up games, pick best side possible.

hotun
03-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Hang on a mo some of us are making the long trip there and back home about 2am and you are suggesting not playing our best side.

millertop
03-04-2016, 07:55 PM
play best side (if fit) that fits the formation we are thinking of using against them

Rileyev2
03-04-2016, 08:38 PM
If we don't get beat on Tuesday it will be another massive point/3 points. I think we may be playing them at the right time. They may well be happy to get a point themselves.

I wouldn't change the side myself.

One of the oldest rules, Tha dunt change a winnin side!!!!!

millmoormagic
03-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Hang on a mo some of us are making the long trip there and back home about 2am and you are suggesting not playing our best side.

Not suggested anything, just threw the question out there, it's a professional game, and i'm sure 100% that NW won't play the same side as started saturday, and just thought i'd see what other fans views were. As for going down to watch and being peeved we don't play the best side, well, for me this is a squad game, so use the squad that's available taking into context the game in question, injuries, and the games coming up.

kempo
04-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Now I've seen a few stupid posts on here in my time but the opening post must take the biscuit.

millmoormagic
04-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Now I've seen a few stupid posts on here in my time but the opening post must take the biscuit.

For someone who thinks i'm an insignificant oik, you're doing a fine job of obsession old bean, what's up, virtual doctor world gone offline?

Deepmidwinter
04-04-2016, 06:16 PM

You could always send a pal and save yourself for Saturday

Brin
04-04-2016, 06:39 PM
If it don't squeak ….don't oil it!

Go for it while we have the momentum….

gwru
04-04-2016, 07:10 PM
As long as they're fit play best players in there best positions. I wasn't convinced by Doyley at centre back, partly a question of his lack of height. If Wood is fit play him there, I wouldn't be against Belaid playing there. D Ward got to start either on his own, then Newell in terms of skill levels one of if not ahead of any other player or with Derbyshire or Best.

Casper64Frank
04-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Would go with the same side as Saturday depending on the Derbyshire decision tommorow afternoon.
If Derbs loses his appeal we have plenty of option's up front.

gwru
05-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Kelly & Doyley not played that much football, playing Richardson & Wood wouldn't weaken side. D Ward got to come in for Best. Then same side, if Derbs is suspended play Newell.

Playing a good home side in Bristol C, Tomlin always seems to play well against us. But we've got to be playing with more confidence that at any time of the season so more than hopeful.