PDA

View Full Version : Stadium mk

villamiller
10-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Was the best ground I have visited apart from the new Wembley ,checked in at the hotel ( which encompasses the whole ground ) at 12 o clock and was in the bar for 12.05 ,even though it was a home fans only bar because we were residents we were allowed in ,
Had good conversation with the very nice home fans
Went into the ground ( our lass had her perfume confiscated but got it back after the match ??? ) and the seats are ace ...padded seats ffs ,and the views are great .
After the match back in the bar and the home fans I must say we're very gracious in defeat .......I did tell them they were s.hit
So then I said to Mrs villa where do you want to eat ....in the hotel resteraunt,nandos,Frankie and bennies,or any other of the eateries available .............I want to go to kfc she said ...it was her birthday after all so I obliged
Back to the hotel and met a few millers in the bars and had a great night
Next morning she said to me
Remind me ...who's birthday was it XD XD XD

BradfordFozzie
10-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Fantastic day out, great support, great result and yes the ground is absolute quality.

CAMiller
10-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Sounds like a good time was had by all!

And just to think, in the good old days you could have gone to Plough Lane and given your feet a piss bath ;D

Deepmidwinter
10-04-2016, 04:46 PM
[quote="villamiller"]Was the best ground I have visited apart from the new Wembley ,checked in at the hotel ( which encompasses the whole ground ) at 12 o clock and was in the bar for 12.05 ,even though it was a home fans only bar because we were residents we were allowed in ,
Went into the ground ( our lass had her perfume confiscated but got it back after the match ??? ) and the seats are ace ...padded seats ffs ,and the views are great .
After the match back in the bar and the home fans I must say we're very gracious in defeat .......I did tell them they were s.hit
So then I said to Mrs villa where do you want to eat ....in the hotel resteraunt,nandos,Frankie and bennies,or any other of the eateries available .............I want to go to kfc she said ...it was her birthday after all so I obliged
Back to the hotel and met a few millers in the bars and had a great night
Next morning she said to me

leedsmiller
10-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Thought the ground was far too ostentatious, in fact ridiculous for a club of their size. A 30,000+ stadium for a club with 10,000 fans, designed to cater for somebody's greed and grossly inflated ego. Worse still, the stadium plans were drawn up in the absence of a professional football team so one had to be acquired and imported against the wishes of the vast majority of Wimbledon fans and football supporters generally. Scandalous. Furthermore it was planned and built to by-pass planning laws on out of town shopping centres. Appalling. Looking in isolation it is a magnificient stadium but in reality everything about it stinks.

welovebooth
10-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Those seats the cushioning was a different class I commented on that

villamiller
10-04-2016, 05:00 PM
[quote="Deepmidwinter"]Was the best ground I have visited apart from the new Wembley ,checked in at the hotel ( which encompasses the whole ground ) at 12 o clock and was in the bar for 12.05 ,even though it was a home fans only bar because we were residents we were allowed in ,
Back to the hotel and met a few millers in the bars and

villamiller
10-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Thought the ground was far too ostentatious, in fact ridiculous for a club of their size. A 30,000+ stadium for a club with 10,000 fans, designed to cater for somebody's greed and grossly inflated ego. Worse still, the stadium plans were drawn up in the absence of a professional football team so one had to be acquired and imported against the wishes of the vast majority of Wimbledon fans and football supporters generally. Scandalous. Furthermore it was planned and built to by-pass planning laws on out of town shopping centres. Appalling. Looking in isolation it is a magnificient stadium but in reality everything about it stinks.
Some fair points there ...but I can only go on my experience ...it was fantastic .....I think someone has had a vision there and the whole set up is ready for the premiership
Did meet winkleman before the game and tbh he looks like a tramp ;D ;D ;D

Casper64Frank
10-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Glad you both enjoyed it.

Bit of advice though, don't go spoiling her every year she will get used to it. She may want to go to Newcastle away next season ;D

Second time I've been to MK, enjoyed the day out both times and yes leedsmiller does make some valid points re the way it was set up.

CAMiller
10-04-2016, 05:16 PM
I think DeepMid means the MK Dons team were the men dressed as women Villa?

swintondude
10-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Brilliant stadium, shame its wasted on such a tin pot club. Seats brill, rake of stands great, nice and high above those in front of you. Shame its never even half full. I think they average 40% capacity in the championship. Could be another Darlington.

villamiller
10-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Glad you both enjoyed it.

Bit of advice though, don't go spoiling her every year she will get used to it. She may want to go to Newcastle away next season ;D
Funny you should say that Casper ....she hopes they don't go down so we can do the same next season .....i politely told her to f.eck off .....they are going down XD XD XD XD

frogmiller
10-04-2016, 05:20 PM

My father in law worked on the glazing design of that stadium.

There biggest crowd in the stadium was in the rugby world cup where it was full. They've had near capacity for cup matches against Chelsea and the like. Ostentatious? Maybe. Ambitious? Definately. I don't begrudge them a great stadium to w

Deepmidwinter
10-04-2016, 05:30 PM
I think DeepMid means the MK Dons team were the men dressed as women Villa?

Thanks Cam. I am having trouble suppressing missen at t'minit.

leedsmiller
10-04-2016, 05:36 PM
'My father in law worked on the glazing design of that stadium'.

Well, I wish he'd put more windows in, frog, it was freezing on the back row of that upper tier :D

Monkey46
10-04-2016, 05:46 PM
We stayed in Bletchley at the swan, all locals really friendly, accommodation no frills but clean, car parking, and a brilliant brekky this morning. Thought stadium was excellent in all aspects, probably the best league ground ive been to. Met up with some fellow millers in town and had a great time. Fantastic weekend. UTM

Deepmidwinter
10-04-2016, 05:46 PM
All glass and no knickers

michaeldc
10-04-2016, 06:05 PM
The owner was able to facilitate a deal to build a huge Asda on the proviso that he made a sizeable impact on the area by way of a community stadium, unfortunately he was denied planning permission on the basis that there was no club who could take advantage of such a stadium. After being turned down by several London clubs he was eventually able to steal away Wimbledon from it's fans and in the process steal a place in the football league for a town full of Man Utd and Arsenal fans who could never be bothered to support MK City (who have since gone bust due to dwindling attendances brought about by league football being available). This deal killed two clubs in one fell swoop.

While ever they exist they are taking the place of a team who have more right to be in the football league than they do and unfortunately for them, nothing can ever change that.

I'm done with asking people not to add money to this pariah of a club, if someone wants to go then who am I to say no, but for th

villamiller
10-04-2016, 06:15 PM
[quote="michaeldc"]The owner was able to facilitate a deal to build a huge Asda on the proviso that he made a sizeable impact on the area by way of a community stadium, unfortunately he was denied planning permission on the basis that there was no club who could take advantage of such a stadium. After being turned down by several London clubs he was eventually able to steal away Wimbledon from it's fans and in the process steal a place in the football league for a town full of Man Utd and Arsenal fans who could never be bothered to support MK City (who have since gone bust due to dwindling attendances brought about by league football being available). This deal killed two clubs in one fell swoop.

While ever they exist they are taking the place of a team who have more right to be in the football league than they do and unfortunately for them, nothing can ever change that.

I'm done with asking people not to add money to this pariah of a club, if someone wan

scum_triumphant
10-04-2016, 11:22 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/20jjkvn.jpg

Villa having a great time and not really bothering about the politics of the club that's nowt to do with him.

Pocket rocket
11-04-2016, 06:45 AM
I think it would take every away support not to visit in protest to have any effect and that's just not gonna happen.

I'm glad they are going down though scandalous what they've done to other clubs.

michaeldc
11-04-2016, 07:51 AM
I literally wrote 'if someone wants to go then who am I to say no' - Fair play to those that went, it's your choice, mine is to stay away. I wouldn't go if it was a promotion winning game to the Premier League. But that's just me! Believe it or not there are plenty of people who boycott the club and when you consider their catchment area and the size of their ground I think their attendance are about as crap as I'd hoped.

Let's all agree, we're glad they are going down!

millertop
11-04-2016, 07:56 AM
You go to support our lads, our club.

I would be absolutely pissed to the max if our lads had to play in front of no support >:(

Get your ticket from red and white shop (we get a commission) eat/take sarnies before hand and don't buy from them.

Great day out and they will go down.

millertop
11-04-2016, 07:58 AM