PDA

View Full Version : Point won?

gwru
16-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Apart from Derbs shot, that was out of nothing + Wood hitting bar & 2 other heading chances we didn't create anything. They had 3 good chances 2 Mendes & Lansbury sprung off-side trap then slipped.

Need a few fresh legs tues what about Facey at right back. I'd have Newell in place of Derbs & D Ward for Best that's assuming Frecks is fit to go again.

Crowd 11,500, could see us fitting another 300 in. Be nice to break attendance record before ground is extended, that's if it is before next season. Tues get down could be stopping up game + would give players that final push.

loyalmiller
16-04-2016, 06:34 PM
What about Mattocks deflected shot that the keeper somehow kept out or Danny Ward's shot that could have bent either way, unfortunately it bent 6 inches right instead of left, or Leon Best when we went round two defenders and just about to pull the trigger when defender number 3 made a last ditch tackle to put it out for a corner?

I honestly thought we created plenty of chances as did they and a draw was about fair.

BellBoy
16-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Definately a point earned. Don't agree re chances. Wood missed 2 easy headers, 1 first half and 1 second, but they are first side for some time to get behind us, mainly due to the outstanding Mendes.
Lansbury a show-pony for me, talent but spends too much time falling over and moaning at ref. Also from my angle it looked a penalty , did not have a great view, looked like he was bundled off the ball.
Thought Best was poor until Ward / Newall came on when he seemed to wake up a bit.

redhouse
16-04-2016, 06:44 PM
I think both teams were happy with a draw and it was never going to be a great game

The swirling wind didn't help either

loyalmiller
16-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Stats say we had 14 shots to their 8 although only 1 was on target to their 3 and we had 5 blocked shots to their 1
Thought it was equal from what I saw but the stats actually have us ahead on points.

jolly_roger
16-04-2016, 07:20 PM
I thought we did ok but it all seemed to be down the right hand side of the pitch. We didn't do enough down the left so we didn't really stretch their back four.

one_a_day
16-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Not a penalty from where I was sat in east stand

jolly_roger
16-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Didn't look like one from the west stand either

BellBoy
16-04-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm talking about the one late on when Lansbury went down? Like I said I did not have a great view. The one first half definately not a pen when Kelly tackled the lad and he did a dying swan.

tony260674
16-04-2016, 07:52 PM
I'm talking about the one late on when Lansbury went down? Like I said I did not have a great view. The one first half definately not a pen when Kelly tackled the lad and he did a dying swan.

The linesman had flagged for offside anyway so Lansbury was wasting his breath.
Forest were yet another side who attempted to wear the referee down. At every breakdown of play they had someone in the ref's ear and every second break of play they had someone run at the ref. Some refs eventually fall for it, today the guy was letting stuff go all day but at least he was consistent with it.

leedsmiller
16-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Performance was down on recent weeks but a dip was overdue given our recent run - but nine games unbeaten is phenomenal. Satisfied with a draw, we could have won by 2 or 3 but we could also have lost it. Tuesday could be a very special night.

redhouse
16-04-2016, 08:59 PM
I would never had thought a few months ago that I would be slightly disappointed after drawing with Forest

scum_triumphant
16-04-2016, 11:16 PM
Terrible first half

Thought they was there for the taking second half.

I can't ever remember baring Forest.

Nardendee
17-04-2016, 12:33 AM
Last time we beat them was in 1956 so Forest are one team I am absolutely sure we have not beaten in my lifetime.
I just knew it was going to be a draw but it's a sign of how far we've come to actually go into the game as favourites to win.
When you consider the respective budgets our teams' performance is nothing short of remarkable.

millertop
17-04-2016, 06:43 AM
Frecks 100% shouldn't have started IMO Warnock got that wrong.
Either side could have scored so happy with the point.
Shows how the game went when Camp was chosen for MOTM.

Mendes their 15 excellent player.

Entertainment for the game came from the away end, stewards carrying a bloke out after he was laid out by a woman XD hope he's ok.

Oh and let's not forget the idiot behind the dugout having a go at Warnock, really :/

Pocket rocket
17-04-2016, 07:54 AM
I thought it was a good point tbh.

Not every game is gonna be exciting sometimes you just have to grind out results.

Could have won it could have lost it.

UTM

millers88
17-04-2016, 09:53 AM
We've matched MK Dons result with 1 less game so its a point gained without a doubt. Performance was a dip from recent games especially defensively i thought we were lucky to keep a clean sheet, hopefully we put in a better performance on Tuesday like we've recently been doing, cant knock the effort though everyone puts in a shift regardless of how we play.