PDA

View Full Version : I thought we were lucky to get a point

Deepmidwinter
19-04-2016, 09:41 PM
We demonstrated a distinct lack of pace over most areas of the pitch today. Safe barring a miracle for the Franchise but reinforcements needed for the next campaign

Pocket rocket
19-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Good point that against a good pacy team.

Can't play well every week.

UTM

jolly_roger
Totally agree.

With deepmidwinter

rolymiller
Yep agreed think we looked tired today. Think we are just limping over the finishing line. Pity SWFC did us no favours but at least they didnt lose.

BellBoy
19-04-2016, 09:47 PM
I thought they were a good footballing side and outplayed us in the middle of the park.
Regardless we have that fighting spirit and keep going and could have pinched the points.
A well earned point was fair overall IMO.

brassgnat
19-04-2016, 09:49 PM
Must have been the worse performance since Warnock came, and we lost a couple of them.

millertop
19-04-2016, 09:57 PM
I don't get why Warnock only made one sub, Newell should have been fetched on.
Huddersfield are a good side and yes I agree we were lucky to come away from that with a point.

No comment on the Ref. >:(

we are now above Bristol city :)

Norma Snockers
19-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Not great tonight but another point closer to safety. Even though we were poor we still managed to pick up a point. If this was a few months ago we'd have probably been on the end of a hammering.

jolly_roger
19-04-2016, 10:09 PM
I don't understand why Smallwood stayed on the pitch. He was short of pace for all of the game, he was caught out of position, was lucky that the ref didn't see him kick out at the Huddersfield player and he picked up a knock that left him limping.

Not one of his better games

LincsMiller
19-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Maybe the good run was a fluke? We have been lucky with quite a few of the results, it might have happened with Redfearn. Only 2 points in the last 2 games at home against teams in the same position as us. The remaining games might give us a clearer picture.

scum_triumphant
19-04-2016, 10:18 PM
I think a lot of credit goes to them for the way they played. Moved very quickly through midfield to pacy forwards with great first touches.
They got it wide early to avoid Halford and Smallwood so those 2 were pulled about. Darbs and G Ward couldn't track the wide runners alone.
Wells and Lolley were unplayable at times.
9 weeks ago that would have been a battering.

I agree that subs should've been used earlier. Newell, Burke, JCH or Green could've freshened it up.

Performances like that from opposing teams show just how huge this ten match unbeaten run is.

millmoormagic
As most have said, i thought we lacked the edge that we've had since NW took charge. Maybe subconciously the players think they've done enough, i also think we missed a trick today by not using all the subs, i thought either Smallwood or Frecks should have made way for Joe Newell, another point in the bank though, all good.

Pocket rocket
Wow unbeaten in 10 games and it's lucky.

Fifs

redhouse
19-04-2016, 10:26 PM
I actually thought we played well up to them scoring and was by far the better side

But after that credit it to them it was like they had an extra man and for me we ended up holding on but as has already been said there are games when we are not going to play well and at least we are not losing them now

Lincs miller you are joking about Redfearn aren't you surely

UTM

BellBoy
19-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Stop the negativity lads. we got a point against a good side. The run has had a good portion of luck, but you make your own luck. Under this manager we have learned how to soak up pressure and grind out results. That was a good competitive match tonight against a technically superior side but we earned a point and we should be happy, celebrating a fantastic run, praising our players, manager, backroom team and chairman for turning things around in a spectacular manner.

andy_miller72
19-04-2016, 10:31 PM
We are capable of grinding out results now. We do all the ugly things well but do lack quality on the ball.

Agree with others that some looked tired, I thought wood was superb. It's a mystery why 2 previous msnagers never played him & how many other CBs we've signed. Him & broadfoot are 2 great, kick & head everything CBs!

TONY316
19-04-2016, 10:43 PM
The difference between a good side and a lucky side is only 2 points, not much after 43 games.

Brin
19-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Let's be realistic.... Huddersfield were the better team tonight.... Our lads have done immensely well but they now have their beach shorts on....

No way should Frecks have played tonight looked knackered and two yard off the pace all the game....

Don't get the Smallwood digs as he broke up most of the opposition play....Like I said Frecks didn't partner him well tonight.... To be expected though....what he has offered us and he's clearly carrying something....

Another undefeated result that Neil asked for so let's not be to down hearted about tonight...,

We need a point from 9 ... Franchise need 9 from 9 ..... Where would you rather be tonight as a fan?

Let's all hail King Neil and his band of Merry Millers....rest Frecks Saturday and play Newell....

One final point.....their number 33 was awesome tonight and had Danny Ward in his pocket all night for headers....felt that with 15 to go it was time to bring on the beast to upset their rhythm ......JCH.....don't know

PerigordMiller
19-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Hudders were much better than I expected. Very quick going forward & much better at retaining the ball.

We did seem to tire quickly & I thought Frecks would have been rested in the second half. Having said that, we bypassed midfield a lot tonight.

Not sure how their 'goal' was offfside from the North Stand, but happy to take a point against a well organised team.

Referee = joke - from both sides perspective

LesHiboux
19-04-2016, 11:12 PM
It's job done for me now. Wednesday did everything but score, and I was starting to wonder how many times the woodwork would rattle tonight. MK Dons beat Wednesday earlier this season, so probably the result wasn't so unexpected. At least we didn't lose, and I was getting worried when Wallace got sent off. As Derby are a good side, I'm expecting a much better performance at the weekend.

BellBoy
19-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Peri, my take on the disallowed goal was Wells was intially offside, retreated and when he picked the ball up he was then flagged as offside.
Despite everything, the stats say both sides had 13 shots, both had 5 on target , 7 corners each and 9 fouls for us and 10 for them. They dominated possession stats 64 to 30%.

PerigordMiller
19-04-2016, 11:25 PM
On a positive, the Diamond Black was very good, as can be confirmed by CasperFrank

bobh1956
19-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Looked like he was offside
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10250353/rotherham-1-1-huddersfield - view external link (http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10250353/rotherham-1-1-huddersfield)

Casper64Frank
19-04-2016, 11:42 PM
On a positive, the Diamond Black was very good, as can be confirmed by CasperFrank

Yes Peri the Diamond Black is always very good !!!

Agree with Deepmidwinter, we had the first 15mins, rest of the game was Huddersfield's. They were organized & didn't play too many long hoof ball to their forwards. Thought Hudson (5) was a stand out player for them, won almost everything in the air. Broadfoot & Wood were also outstanding for us.
A point well earned, all down to goal difference now.......yippee.

U.T.M.

millavanilla
20-04-2016, 12:33 AM
Stop the negativity lads. we got a point against a good side. The run has had a good portion of luck, but you make your own luck. Under this manager we have learned how to soak up pressure and grind out results. That was a good competitive match tonight against a technically superior side but we earned a point and we should be happy, celebrating a fantastic run, praising our players, manager, backroom team and chairman for turning things around in a spectacular manner.

What a super post bell boy...we cant win them all..hudders were good...but through work rate, (although tired), and a bit of willing, we stumbled over the line...i mean, well, we're not exactly sheffield wednesday are we?...anybody would think we're unbeatable.. :D

hotun
20-04-2016, 06:59 AM
Before they scored,they were lucky it was only 1-0,keeper stuck his foot out to save Grant Wards shot and looked to have a decent shout for a pen when Grant Ward was held down on the floor,simple header missed in front of goal,2 silly mistakes for their goal.They got better we did not get the run of the ball,they finished the stronger but we still had chances.Good point from our never say die attitude team.

millertop
20-04-2016, 07:02 AM
How good it is to see some honest posts on the game, others should try it.