PDA

View Full Version : Signing players early, starting with a flourish

ablueclaret
04-05-2016, 08:02 PM
If we are to get that quick start out of the blocks which in my opinion is necessary for survival in the PL, we need to act quickly in the transfer market. Yes players aren't at the end of their contracts but deals can be sorted. Let's hope the recruitment team have a wider remit now but please no more European players we just are out of our depth there.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-05-2016, 07:34 AM
ABC, what bit of "inside knowledge" I have, suggests players are targeted and deals are pipelined.

That's the beauty of gaining early promotion and having shed loads of money to play with!

blueheeler1
05-05-2016, 09:40 AM
But you forgot to mention ED that we will not pay a penny more than our evaluation which is always way under what others are prepared to pay.

Given past performances and the old lady who looks after the Burnley FC accounts as if her very life depends on it--we will have a bit more deja vu I fear.

IMO Burnley have a simple set of philosophies;-

1. You play for us because you have something to prove to yourself and others.

2. You are prepared to loss weight-lose body fat-train hard and possibly reduce wages in the pursuit of 1 above.

3. You are prepared to be a team member and not the person we build the team around.

4. The shirt means more to you than your Mother.

5. You never criticize your teammates; Burnley FC or the Manger in public--there are opportunities to do so to their faces.

6. Their is no "i" in team--learn it and embrace it.

7. We will do whatever we can for you during your time here and help you for the future because we know that a player's care

oldcolner
05-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Would be good to get a few rising talents early and we must be more attractive than last time as we show we are not a one hit wonder and we are more likely to give them a game than many other PL sides. We can open the purse springs a bit too with our Danny money and last years profit.
We need group players not prima donnas unless they are willing to change their mentality.
Who would have thought Joey could turn out as he did after the coke bottle in his face and the at least I don't have to live there banter.
Hold your breath
John Terry??

The Bedlington Terrier
05-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Nine million for Gray and 6 million paid out for Tarkowski shows our willingness to compete.

Last time in we were virgins this time we are fully fledged whores. We will survive!

blueheeler1
05-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Some whores didn't survive Ed.

Thanks to Jack The Ripper.