PDA

View Full Version : Atobelli

bpgburn
04-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Nice bit of moderating there, getting your penneth worth in then closing the thread, not the first time that's been done.

"When people think you are an idiot, tis best to keep one's mouth shut and not confirm it..."

And yet you still open yours, get over yasel ya sad act.

Bin_Ont_Turf
04-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Bore off!

XD

Turfmoorspirit
04-05-2016, 08:47 PM
What thread ?

Altobelli
04-05-2016, 08:49 PM
"not the first time that's been done". Wrong again lad as I have never done that before without a stated reason.

I thought it was obvious why, as you had had your say and I had mine and I didn't want what you seem to crave, which is a slanging match, but I'll leave this one open just for you, so give it your best shot and slag away if that's what you believe a forum is for, but don't wait for any more comments from me as I have said, you add little content to this board and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

Nice one Stan, I'll leave him to you XD

westmidsclaret
04-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Nobody posts on here anymore it's like a ghost forum. And then you get abc who trots out the same crap but in different guises and you wonder why some posters get pissed off!

westmidsclaret
04-05-2016, 09:20 PM
That was supposed to be "nobody hardly posts on here" but for some reason I can't edit on my tablet!

alfinyalcabo
04-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Nobody posts on here anymore it's like a ghost forum. And then you get abc who trots out the same crap but in different guises and you wonder why some posters get pissed off!

We even have our own very special Ghost..:D

alfinyalcabo
04-05-2016, 09:21 PM
[quote="westmidsclaret" but for some reason I can't edit on my tablet![/quote]

Nothing to stop you contributing something useful to the forum mate,feel free to join in..

Turfmoorspirit
04-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Nobody posts on here anymore it's like a ghost forum. And then you get abc who trots out the same crap but in different guises and you wonder why some posters get pissed off! Did you just post this ?

westmidsclaret
04-05-2016, 09:25 PM
I have been mate but under a different username because it wouldn't let me or couldn't find my old details.

alfinyalcabo
04-05-2016, 09:26 PM
I have been mate but under a different username because it wouldn't let me or couldn't find my old details.

What would that be mate?

gogogadgetlegs
04-05-2016, 09:27 PM
tbh I thought 'under the new management' there wouldn't be post deletings or bannings etc. (unless very strong reasons).

Plenty of **** posted on here that gets allowed.

westmidsclaret
04-05-2016, 09:29 PM
I liked killing cannibals :-)

alfinyalcabo
04-05-2016, 09:33 PM

Guess you were caught and eaten then..:)

alfinyalcabo
04-05-2016, 09:33 PM

gogogadgetlegs
04-05-2016, 09:35 PM
No more open-ness than before then. Those of us that want to read about the post cant because its been deleted.

Fascist Nelsonist *******ist

Turfmoorspirit
04-05-2016, 09:37 PM
tbh I thought 'under the new management' there wouldn't be post deletings or bannings etc. (unless very strong reasons).

Plenty of **** posted on here that gets allowed. You're not wrong ! i post cr@p all the time and get away with it.. Its only when i am serious about nasty stalking complaining helmets do i get in bother..

westmidsclaret
04-05-2016, 09:39 PM

Guess you were caught and eaten then..:) [/quote]

Yep then spat back out again ;-)

westmidsclaret
04-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Or shat lol

Turfmoorspirit
04-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Did the thread in question contain anything that may be deemed liable ?

gogogadgetlegs
04-05-2016, 09:46 PM
seems highly CT to me

1959_60
04-05-2016, 09:49 PM
The thread is still readable. It is called "A new canvas or the same old masterpiece?" by ablueclaret.
The thread was closed but not deleted.

gogogadgetlegs
04-05-2016, 09:55 PM
squabbles - wish it was auntsally/muchacho lol

1959_60
04-05-2016, 10:13 PM
I like squabbles! No two people on here have exactly the same viewpoint.

Unless it turns personal ...then I'm out.

westmidsclaret
04-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Much a do about nothing.

Primitive
04-05-2016, 10:30 PM
http://secret-identity.net/images/2008/images/Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

gogogadgetlegs
04-05-2016, 10:31 PM
sure it is

bpgburn
05-05-2016, 06:50 AM
""not the first time that's been done". "Wrong again lad as I have never done that before without a stated reason"".

That sounds like "I haven't but I have", besides I wasn't even referring to you.

Finally,

"Nice one Stan, I'll leave him to you"

I'm Sh1tting me'sen.
That is the sort of clique mentality you'd see from the old guard.

A case of "Meet the new MB, same as the old MB".

The Bedlington Terrier
05-05-2016, 06:57 AM
No clique mentality on here guys.

Altobelli is one of three moderators on this board.

Not sure what got on his goat but when he considers "enough is enough", he is 100% trusted to sort it!

The Bedlington Terrier
05-05-2016, 07:10 AM
re: Atobelli

"Nobody posts on here anymore it's like a ghost forum. And then you get abc who trots out the same crap but in different guises and you wonder why some posters get pissed off!"

In response westmidsclaret - the amount of posts on Clarets Mad recently hardly makes it a "ghost forum".

We allow reasoned debate, do not appreciate calling, petty feuding etc. Other sites are around for that sort of nonsense.

Personally, I find the insult chucking rather boring. We have not banned anyone for 3 months on here, nor is it our intention to do so.

If a moderator "nips in the bud" any potential "silliness" that is their own individual prerogative. It costs us posts but give me quality over quantity any day of the week?

I would however like to reiterate a point I made earlier. ABC constantly chucks in the line, baited and hooked.

If you debate the point properly it's amazing how deep the debates can go. If you just choose to call him a pain in the arse, the thre

westmidsclaret
05-05-2016, 09:31 AM
This site will never get going again. You've got mods closing down a thread over nothing, mods posting on the dark side far more then they post on here and nobody's got their finger on the pulse as we get info usually a day after everyone else. If you want to get the board up and running and moving in the right direction it needs to be snappy. If you think the boards in a good place then cool crack on.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-05-2016, 10:45 AM
This site is going again. There are news feeds from all over the world. We live in a globalised world where everyone has choice.

What we are trying to achieve is to be eclectically different, not the "same old, same as".

Any muppet can plagiarize, copy and paste anything that is Claret and Blue.

I want us to debate, get into the very fabric of our football club and participate.

Three months ago Clarets Mad was on its arse. Now it is slowly taking on a new direction.

I support our three moderators 100%. A good few new and old posters have bought into what we are trying to do.

We encourage banter with other fans via the Footymad network. They are boarding to have the crack.

If you want "Snappy" you are probably in the wrong place.

Choice is everything. Choose us and enjoy debate and respect?

ablueclaret
05-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Not the place for you then West Mids, just enjoy the other forum if that provides you with pleasure. This site still has some decent contributors and is far more open and democratic than it ever used to be.

suttonclaret
05-05-2016, 10:57 AM
oy lads just saying we can be champs on sat .:D

The Bedlington Terrier
05-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Right on Sutton!

westmidsclaret
05-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Not the place for you then West Mids, just enjoy the other forum if that provides you with pleasure. This site still has some decent contributors and is far more open and democratic than it ever used to be.

aboringblue you're just a troll with no life so your opinion means nothing to me. You're now a non entity were I am concerned.

TEC I respect your "enthusiasm" but the board is just about surviving like I said if you're happy with that then good on you. As for the mods they are invisible like they should be except 2 have chucked hissy fits in the last few months and one barely posts on here now and posts all the time on UTC. No loyalty in football or moderating it seems XD ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
05-05-2016, 11:36 AM
We are in the process of rebuilding. Time and patience are two valuable commodities.

1000 departing members in one mad exodus is hard to replace but by no means impossible.

Our moderators do not have to "toe the corporate line". They are free to post where they want.

Freedom of choice and freedom of opinion are marvelous commodities too! We allow both.

ablueclaret
05-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Just love being a non-entity wmc, it's so liberating.

gogogadgetlegs
05-05-2016, 10:13 PM

aboringblue you're just a troll with no life so your opinion means nothing to me. You're now a non entity were I am concerned.

TEC I respect your "enthusiasm" but the board is just about surviving like I said if you're happy with that then good on you. As for the mods they are invisible like they should be except 2 have chucked hissy fits in the last few months and one barely posts on here now and posts all the time on UTC. No loyalty in football or moderating it seems XD ;D [/quote]

The site is a way beyond its once Nazi run existence and numbers remnain much lower and posts too as a result.

As posters do post seeing they are not padlocked for posting the same word, d

gogogadgetlegs
05-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Just love being a non-entity wmc, it's so liberating.

we 4uck1ng wish abc.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-05-2016, 07:37 AM
When I get time I will post a "numbers" comparison. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

bpgburn
06-05-2016, 03:24 PM
It's not a numbers game though is it, it's traffic and on a regular basis there are patches of 3 to 4 hours with nothing happening at all, that's what needs to change and the point WMC is making too. No point having hundreds of poster if no one posts. Just my opinion of course.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-05-2016, 04:04 PM
People actually have lives away from Clarets Mad. Working hours sees an obvious decline in activity. It's the same on ALL boards!

Weekends and evenings NEVER, EVER see a lapse of 3-4 hours without a post. Believe me, I have done the research!

bpgburn
06-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Even out of working hours the traffic is painfully slow. You don't need to research you just need to to see how few are regular posters, only a handful of regulars. This isn't a dig just merely a realistic observation and my opinion so no need to take it personally and get all defensive and capital letters on my ass.

westmidsclaret
06-05-2016, 06:18 PM
If nobody cares just let the board die out. It's on its arse anyway. Just close it. It desperately needs freshening and new idea's. The only threads that get any real discussions are the controversial/aboringblue ones, which more often then not go hand in hand. If people don't have time to get it moving again then what's the answer?

Turfmoorspirit
06-05-2016, 06:21 PM
If nobody cares just let the board die out. It's on its arse anyway. Just close it. It desperately needs freshening and new idea's. The only threads that get any real discussions are the controversial/aboringblue ones, which more often then not go hand in hand. If people don't have time to get it moving again then what's the answer? Any suggestions wmc..?

The Bedlington Terrier
06-05-2016, 06:29 PM
bpgburn and westmidsclaret, I seriously suspect an "enemy" infiltration from the "Dark Side", so if you don't like us, take a flight on "Do One Airlines", please? No regrets.

bpgburn
06-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Jesus, I don't even post on the other side as you put it. Infiltration? For crying out loud get a grip, people start posting their opinions and replying to posts and you get 'Take a flight on do one airlines' from the supposed Editor of the site. This is NOT your MB to decide who and who doesn't use it for no good reason.

The Bedlington Terrier
06-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Believe me, it is for me to decide! I am the Editor of the site not the "supposed" one. We try to accommodate every sort of individual but in my opinion you are taking the proverbial. According to you, one less poster will not do us much harm, will it?

ablueclaret
06-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Me feels you are too negative bpg, time for you to come up with some interesting thread titles me thinks.
This board will potter along providing an outlet for the dispossessed and those who don't need football like nicotine. It's a very healthy alternative to the other board which is very good in many ways but a tad unidimensional at times.
Sadly so far all we hear from you is rather tedious criticism, time to take some of that medicine you hand out to others. Come alive and contribute in a positive spirit to this board.

bpgburn
06-05-2016, 07:19 PM
[quote="The Editor's Chair" one. We try to accommodate every sort of individual but in my opinion you are taking the proverbial. According to you, one less poster will not do us much harm, will it?[/quote]

Do you really think you and this MB is so important you would get 'Infiltrators' from other boards to try and scupper it? Your a bloke in his 60's, try and act like it. You spout this freedom of opinion but as soon as anyone raises an opinion that you don't like it's 'do one'!
According to me?? Where have I said one less poster or even implied it?, and 'us' ? who are us?
It is not for you to decide, you sound like some Megalomaniac, all you can do is to Ban someone, not the same thing as deciding in first place who and who does not join footymad.

If you want to exercise your editorial muscle and ban me, go ahead I've been a member for 12yrs with just over 1700 posts

ablueclaret
06-05-2016, 07:24 PM
You just sound unpleasant and rather sad bpg, are you incapable of posting anything positive or interesting or do you just need to carp on at anything that moves.

bpgburn
06-05-2016, 07:40 PM
...and you ABC sound like a ****, and that is why you wasn't wanted on this MB previously and was rounded on, that is why the other MB doesn't want you on there, that is why the ratio of people who have a go at you against those that defend you is so heavily weighted.
I actually want(ed) this MB to survive and do well, it became apparant it wouldn't and isn't when it took on the current editor and you started posting your sh1te again but hey ho nothing is forever.

Turfmoorspirit
06-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Seems quite busy on here tonight..

Flying without Ings
06-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Guys please give it a rest. This is starting to get quite personal.

Our team is about to win a title please can we not fight amongst ourselves and enjoy that instead.

westmidsclaret
06-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I've posted about 3 or 4 times on UTC and that was when it 1st started up. I'm just offering my opinion if you don't like it then it isn't my problem. If you're happy for the board to drag along then as I've already said good on ya. But they way you speak to some posters you're beginning to sound like a certain other editor who used to run this site. You are running a sinking ship and telling others to "do one" is a sure way to the bottom of the ocean!

Turfmoorspirit I did have a few idea's but after seeing how most idea's have gone so far on here I'm not going to waste my time. I'd love for this board to start to flourish again but i doubt it will. Just my opinion before anyone tells me to do one or hang me by my balls!

Turfmoorspirit
06-05-2016, 07:58 PM
[quote="westmidsclaret" is a sure way to the bottom of the ocean!

Turfmoorspirit I did have a few idea's but after seeing how most idea's have gone so far on here I'm not going to waste my time. I'd love for this board to start to flourish again but i doubt it will. Just my opinion before anyone tells me to do one or hang me by my balls![/quote] I also would like this board to flourish.. I know i talk bollox and annoy people but i dont really give a phuck so long as it causes a reaction and people post.. Where is stinkvan ?;D

alfinyalcabo
06-05-2016, 08:06 PM
It might not be busy,but it's still one of the busiest footymad boards going... Personally I don't see what the problem is.People can post where and what they want to post within reason,especially on here ..I think This board will keep going as long as footymad keeps going ..
Time for people to stop taking a pop at it and just post something worthwhile instead of complaining..

Turfmoorspirit
06-05-2016, 08:14 PM
It might not be busy,but it's still one of the busiest footymad boards going... Personally I don't see what the problem is.People can post where and what they want to post within reason,especially on here ..I think This board will keep going as long as footymad keeps going ..
Time for people to stop taking a pop at it and just post something worthwhile instead of complaining..
Spot on Alf ! Postiig more new topics would help, football or none football related..:D

bpgburn
06-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Nobody was having a pop, it was opinions on the state of it at present. It's been said that all want this board to do well but that will be difficult when if opinions don't agree your told to do one!. To be fair, footymad as a whole is a wasteland as it stands so not really a good benchmark for this being busier.

Turfmoorspirit
06-05-2016, 08:20 PM
If we are of the same mindset about cm .then lets stop the infighting and move this forum onwards..No doubt there are (infiltraitors) people from the last regime on here wanting us to fail,,but they are th!ck as phuck and do not realise that they are making us stronger..

bpgburn
06-05-2016, 08:23 PM
No way, this is on it's 4th page :-)