PDA

View Full Version : OT Costa planning to open in Rotherham

Rothbiz
06-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Not really my cup of tea but Costa, "The Nation's Favourite Coffee Shop," is planning to open in town. - view external link (http://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2016/05/news-4915-costa-planning-to-open-in.html)

scum_triumphant
06-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Overpriced
Pretentious flavours given dafts.
Full of hipsters with iPads.

Keep it.

millermanic
06-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Overpriced

Keep it.

And then we wonder why we are a town full of charity shops…...

scum_triumphant
06-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Overpriced

Keep it.

And then we wonder why we are a town full of charity shops…...[/quote]

It's right in view of Fitzwilliam and Hughes. A cracking independant coffee shop that is bound to suffer.

millertop
06-05-2016, 09:57 AM
It's a shame it's not at NYS.

agree it's overpriced but I love a costa coffee stop when travelling

Pocket rocket
06-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Do we need it???

I agree that we should look after our local businesses who will be affected.

Don't like it anyway rip off in my opinion.

ParkgateMiller
06-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Unwanted and un-necessary! Do we REALLY need this in Rotherham FFS? Has someone deliberately tried to attract this 'brand'? I hope it falls flat on it's face for lack of custom. Utter 'Rip-Off' store.

leedsmiller
06-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Dislike Costa - but love Camp

jolly_roger
06-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Maybe it's the other Whitbread outlets we don't want?

As for the independent coffee shops if they give the right product, with good customer service and realistic prices then they have, nothing to worry about.

scum_triumphant
06-05-2016, 10:58 AM
That's hardly fair Jolly.
Independant places can't offer zero hour contracts, multi million pound equipment and branding.
It's always a case of monkey see monkey do.

Could be worse though. Could be ****ing Starbucks.

Rileyev2
06-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Can take it or leave it personally.

Cant see why its a bad thing though. On the one hand people moan when big businesses leave the town for Parkgate etc, then moan when a big business like this pops up in town.

Like someone else has said, at least its not another charity shop/ bookies or eastern European delicatessen.

Rothbiz
06-05-2016, 11:20 AM
Starbucks is hoping to open a new outlet at Parkgate.
- view external link (http://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2015/07/news-5367-plans-in-for-new-rotherham.html)

jolly_roger
06-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Or maybe we can ditch Costa and concentrate having more cheap cafes run by Turks.

gm_gm
06-05-2016, 12:19 PM
I can picture Rotherham folk coming out of costa empty handed shaking their heads saying "how much?"

Personally I find it vile, theres more calories in some it than a fry up. Agree with jolly, the independents dont have anything to worry about if their offering is good

jolly_roger
06-05-2016, 01:25 PM
And another thing, if Costa offered to open up in one of those empty units at NYS would we still want to turn them down?

tom12026
06-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Overpriced

Keep it.
sounds like just the place for one or two on here.;D

crashbang
06-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Nowt wrong with a Costa. The big ones are quite delicious.

CAMiller
06-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Can take it or leave it personally.

Cant see why its a bad thing though. On the one hand people moan when big businesses leave the town for Parkgate etc, then moan when a big business like this pops up in town.

Like someone else has said, at least its not another charity shop/ bookies or eastern European delicatessen.

Living in Seattle, the home of Starbucks, they are the charity shops of this area, they are everywhere. I'm looking forward to the day when charity shops and dollar stores start to replace Starbucks. In a town centre with a footprint the size of Rotherham there would be at least 15 Starbucks. Still it gives the daughter a place to work on her 14 week break from Uni this summer XD

jolly_roger
06-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Overpriced

Keep it.

And then we wonder why we are a town full of charity shops…...[/quote]

It's right in view of Fitzwilliam and Hughes. A cracking independant coffee shop that is bound to suffer. [/quote]

The Costa brothers business was originally "a cracking independent coffee shop"