PDA

View Full Version : Must do better

The Bedlington Terrier
09-05-2016, 06:49 PM
That is pathetic! - view external link (www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/must_do_better_887309/index.shtml)

thedonz
09-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know what the story is behind this gaff?

Been hearing that players like Robinson got one.

Barton I believe was just in front of Heaton right at the end of the procession of players, yet Heaton got one.

Barton already tweeted about this.

What happened and why?

Flying without Ings
09-05-2016, 06:58 PM
If you watched the coverage Tarky also did not receive a medal.

Flying without Ings
09-05-2016, 07:00 PM
They ran out of medals. The FL have really covered themselves on glory this season.

Thought the chants of you don't know what you're doing and the booing of the representative was a bit harsh though!

thedonz
09-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Saw on tele that the rep took it in good spirit, smiling sheepishly as it was sung.

I thought there was something about having to play so many games to get a medal.

Medals seemed to be given out Willy nilly because I am sure they were not ticking off playerss as they collected the medals.

Some panic I guess when they realised they were running out before Heaton came up to collect the trophy .

Barton and Tarka the fall guys in a messy public presentation.

Flying without Ings
09-05-2016, 07:11 PM
You would've thought they'd sort that out before hand. Present to those who qualify and then get the others to join.

It's going to be harsh to take them off the ones they've been presented to who don't qualify.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-05-2016, 07:14 PM
We don't get the trophy at the right time, we don't get the medals. FFS what is going on?

thedonz
09-05-2016, 07:15 PM
That would have been the best way to do it.

Knowing the way these authority regimes stick to the rules can you see them sending another two?

It won't be their fault they are likely to say and leave it to the club to sort out. Hope I'm wrong and they relent in view of the bad press over the presentation of the trophy at the weekend.

Inflatable medals anyone?

jhonboy
09-05-2016, 07:40 PM
To be truthful I thought the town hall peresentation was awfully I am sure they could have rigged the turf up for a better presentation?

Turfy Topper
09-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Take it all back folks- it was not the FL fault- it was Burnleys ,or to be precise, Bentleys......

oldcolner
09-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Joey will need a bigger payrise now.
Mr Bentley owes him big time. Sackcloth and ashes for him.

ChristheViking
10-05-2016, 12:11 AM
I know footballers aren't necessarily the sharpest but I'm pretty sure they knew who and who wasn't eligible for a medal. If Robinson and someone else has got a medal that shouldn't have then the decent thing would be to hold a hand up and give it to the two players who are eligible and haven't got one. It shouldn't take Miss Marple to figure it out.

None of this should have happened tonight though because the FL should have had this all sewn up on Saturday.

On balance it's a minor mix-up about a player not receiving a Champions medal (for a day) as we celebrate our 3rd promotion to the Premier League in 7 seasons and in the first season after the bumper TV deal,

You know what - I think I can just about live with this kind of issue.

Turfy Topper
10-05-2016, 04:49 AM
Pretend you sre barton, player of the year and to a lesser extent tatky - how minor woukd it be to you then -?

The Bedlington Terrier
10-05-2016, 06:05 PM
"It shouldn't take Miss Marple to figure it out."

Love it!:D

Acido
10-05-2016, 07:24 PM
I hear Barton thought it was one of those big gold coin pieces of chocolate. He kept asking somebody to help him peel the wrapper off :D

Seriously though, how can the FL bosses make pathetic mistakes like these :/