PDA

View Full Version : Football league

alfinyalcabo
19-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Proposing four leagues of twenty teams... To be implemented within three years.. - view external link (http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10288212/english-football-league-faces-revamp-under-radical-proposals)

The Bedlington Terrier
19-05-2016, 06:37 PM
What's the Premier League "B" teams got to do with it though?

alfinyalcabo
19-05-2016, 06:42 PM
[quote="The Editor's Chair" teams got to do with it though?
[/quote]

Hopefully nothing..

whittyclaretandblue
19-05-2016, 08:34 PM
not sure about having premier league B teams included as could mean the top teams no longer need to loan out players as they can give them a decent standard of football in L1,2,or 3. They could use this to try and bring in a couple of Scottish clubs.

The main drawback I can see is we have another year to wait until the horse fiddlers drop out of the league.

gaz1959
20-05-2016, 07:22 AM
I hate to say this but it seems to make sense and could work.

I don't want change
I don't want to probably pay the same for less either

outwoodclaret
20-05-2016, 09:03 AM
My fear is that they may try to resurrect the late Phil Gartside's plan to introduce two Scottish Clubs. I just remind myself of two things. Anglo Scottish 1978 Quarter Final 1st leg and UEFA Cup Final 2008 Manchester. I was at Turf Moor for the first and I was exceedingly glad I was not in Manchester City Centre for the second. I am not saying those events would be repeated but can we take a chance?

lotty1
20-05-2016, 09:08 AM
A lot of it is quite laughable really .

They say it will be beneficial income wise to clubs - less matches = less income in matchday revenue and corporate income - matchday sponsorship . How would that increase income ?

Another thing mentioned is that it would almost eradicate midweek long distance fixtures . My grandson could sort that without changing the whole of the bloody football league ! What are these people on ?

It's not broken so we'll fix it but the things that are broken we'll just leave alone 'cos it may be difficult and take a bit of ingenuity . Amazing .

It would be much easier and more beneficial to the Prem for them to put "B" teams in a division than it would to reform highly competitive open age reserve leagues which really would help clubs bring through young players by playing competitive football every week rather than behind closed door friendlies , sitting on the bench and loan players to other clubs . Chelsea again having 30+ players out on loan all

outwoodclaret
21-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Oh dear we now have the scenes after the Scottish FA Cup Final.

outwoodclaret
21-05-2016, 08:22 PM
What century are these so called fans living in?

norvenmunky
21-05-2016, 09:58 PM
My fear is that they may try to resurrect the late Phil Gartside's plan to introduce two Scottish Clubs. I just remind myself of two things. Anglo Scottish 1978 Quarter Final 1st leg and UEFA Cup Final 2008 Manchester. I was at Turf Moor for the first and I was exceedingly glad I was not in Manchester City Centre for the second. I am not saying those events would be repeated but can we take a chance? My fear is we may have to drop down to win that league,just to prove a point.:D