PDA

View Full Version : Steve Evans

Pistolpete
24-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Now before my head gets bitten off I know it's been mentioned already but..... And a big but it seems according to Warnock and TS we need a man who can keep our team in the championship for a few years while the infrastructure grows so we can have a real push. Now out of all thes linked with us I don't see any body better equipped to keep us in the championship than Mr Evans himself, yes we went through lots of players , yes he is marmite, yes he sometimes loses his wrag, yes he says the wrong things at times , yes he is controversial but also YES he is successful and his CV is living proof of that. The 3 years with him was my most enjoyed time as a Miller more so than the Ronnie Moore times. I'd have him back tomorrow to complete the so called unfinished business!!

jolly_roger
24-05-2016, 01:26 PM
One flaw in that idea.

We don't really know why SE parted ways in the first place.

Deepmidwinter
24-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Well, we do know that he and TS saw the future differently. Can't see that changing really

Pistolpete
24-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Jolly you make a fair comment and I agree we do not know what happened and never will but I'm just saying I'd have him back and I'd be more comfortable going into next season with him than all the others being banded about

CAMiller
24-05-2016, 02:33 PM
One flaw in that idea.

We don't really know why SE parted ways in the first place.

I recall the full explanation was posted on here in detail and it had something to do with him working in a supermarket!

Deepmidwinter
24-05-2016, 02:35 PM
That's right. He was a mystery shopper for Pukka Pies

gm_gm
24-05-2016, 03:26 PM
SE already has a job.....until he meets with Cellino tomorrow

kentmillerman
24-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Brin wil love this post. He loves Mr Evans.

Ericsladkilnhurst
24-05-2016, 05:02 PM
To me Steve Evans should sign a pre-contract to manage another club, from July 1st 2016, from which ever club wants him, run his contract down at Leeds United, walk away, & say " Up yours Cellino ".

Until Steve Evans shows some sp*nk & does this, Cellino will just have him as a Puppet on a string.

Brin
25-05-2016, 04:34 PM
TS has openly stated…'"We'll make sure we get someone who has the knowledge, bite and enthusiasm we have seen lately with Steve Evans and Neil Warnock," Stewart added.

"The drive, push and passion is what Rotherham is about. It's in the DNA and we want to go forward with that in mind."

Well having re read that statement and the chairman openly describing Steve Evans in that way then I'm with Pistol Pete on bringing Evo back 'BUT' on very strict terms as to recruitment….no signing 88 players like throwing confetti around but a more robust rigid and structured way of signing the players required that would see us progress….could this work?

Have tbh and say apart from Warnock there is nobody and I mean nobody out there who has the drive desire and determination that excites me to be our new Manager…..hang on there is a guy TS has mentioned …he's currently about to be losing his job just up the road….

flourbasher
25-05-2016, 06:28 PM
He didn't sign many at Leeds. Maybe he,s mellowed in that dept or just handcuffed by the Italian
Whoever he manages next season the opportunities to sign players will be limited too

Pistolpete
25-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Get Evo back!!!!

Pocket rocket
25-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Would divide the fans Pete

Pistolpete
25-05-2016, 08:45 PM
He divided the fans when he first came and look what happened ...... Back to back promotions and survival so for me divide away!

jolly_roger
25-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Promotions in the lower leagues with the last one being via a play off game.

Not a Championship manager, divisive or otherwise.

millertop
25-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Not a chance of him coming back

Pistolpete
25-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Jolly are any of thes linked any better? And have they got a better CV ?

Pocket rocket
25-05-2016, 08:57 PM
See what I mean Pete

kempo
25-05-2016, 09:03 PM
With respect, it really is nonsense to suggest Evans would come back..Chance of that happening has always been zero.

Only unforeseen circumstances will stop Stubbs being our next manager

Pistolpete
25-05-2016, 09:07 PM
If that's the case let's hope he brings that striker of theirs with him! I just miss singing "he eats what he wants" lol

fivetide
25-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Lost a lot of weight. Working with Cellino might have had him be more open to listening to what his chairman wants or made him realise how good he had it not working for a certified nutter.

Casper64Frank
25-05-2016, 10:05 PM
About as much chance as me being manager than Steve Evans coming back.

Credit to him losing weight, he looks much healthier.
Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

ParkgateMiller
26-05-2016, 06:30 AM
I wonder how much of that 'weight-loss', has come as a result of managing, what must be one, if not the most hugely stressful jobs in football?

Don't forget, he went from a 'dream' job where he was largely revered for his achievements by the supporters and working with the nicest, most supportive Chairman in football! The two men had a wonderful, mutual respect for each other that became a deep friendship.

We can only surmise what happened between them for things to end as they did.

Surely though, they've both had time to reflect and reconsider 'what went wrong' ............. and maybe, be able to start afresh?

Tony ....................

Steve ....................

.................................................. ..................... just click on the link fella's!

- view external link (http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2042)

LesHiboux
27-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Any more news on Billy Bunter?

Deepmidwinter
27-05-2016, 08:36 AM
He's still waiting for a postal order from his pater

leedsmiller
27-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Summoned to the headmaster's office the last I heard.

Deepmidwinter
27-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Oh cripes. Yaroo!!

ParkgateMiller
27-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Any more news on Billy Bunter?

He's voting 'Out' of EU on account of being fed up of too many Hurree Jamset Ram Singh types being admitted!