PDA

View Full Version : Leicester interested in Keane

whittyclaretandblue
18-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Mirror saying they are to bid 10m for Keane. tell em to do one is my opinion 10m not enough and would weaken us immensely, yes we have Tarks to come in but selling Keane could be the difference between staying up or going down. we wouldn't be able to bring in the same quality for 10M so start the bidding at 20M or do one.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-plotting-10million-swoop-burnley-8223017

Altobelli
18-06-2016, 11:14 AM
I have always liked Claudio Ranieri, one of the decent Managers who does not give you bullsh!t like Mourino and the rest.

He surprised me with what he did at Leicester last season and it was great to see the other so called elite teams not being able to catch them, I feel it will not happen again though.

Stoke, Everton and now Leicester courting Keane, he's certainly caught the eye and why shouldn't he ?

10 Million 's Whitty ? its not enough by a long chalk because as you have stated we could not replace him for that even though Tark looks the business 10 mill is a give away, nobody knows what's written in his contract though, many have said Stoke would not be a "fashionable" Club for Keane and I'd agree, I'd also class Leicester in that pigeon hole so I'd be surprised if he goes to Leicester, but now with fee's undisclosed we wont get the full picture of him (if he goes) wanting to move or being told to move.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Horse trading money! 15 million would be about right. Michael has certainly been positive about remaining with the Clarets. The gaffer wants to keep him. We do however have Mee, Tarkowski and Kadar who looks a likely bargain basement addition. Depends on the agents! From past experience, Burnley Football Club hardly ever refuse a profit but let's hope he stays?

outwoodclaret
19-06-2016, 07:53 AM
I have always liked Claudio Ranieri, one of the decent Managers who does not give you bullsh!t like Mourino and the rest.

He surprised me with what he did at Leicester last season and it was great to see the other so called elite teams not being able to catch them, I feel it will not happen again though.

Stoke, Everton and now Leicester courting Keane, he's certainly caught the eye and why shouldn't he ?

10 Million 's Whitty ? its not enough by a long chalk because as you have stated we could not replace him for that even though Tark looks the business 10 mill is a give away, nobody knows what's written in his contract though, many have said Stoke would not be a "fashionable" Club for Keane and I'd agree, I'd also class Leicester in that pigeon hole so I'd be surprised if he goes to Leicester, but now with fee's undisclosed we wont get the full picture of him (if he goes) wanting to move or being told to move.

I don't think Michael will be told to move and I think it is bad idea to sell him. However if he wants to move that is a different matter. As you say there may be clauses in his contract. Here's hoping he stays and makes a big impact in the Premier League with us!

suttonclaret
19-06-2016, 12:15 PM
I am sure when he signed for us .some one said he had a buy out clause.

norvenmunky
19-06-2016, 12:34 PM
I am sure when he signed for us .some one said he had a buy out clause.

Every player has a price,but 10 million seems very cheap for a future England player.
As for any buy out clause i'm not sure there is one,if there is i'm sure any potential suitors would know about it and try to exploit the situation.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-06-2016, 12:42 PM
The problem when these sort of offers are bandied about the recipient inevitably doubles his annual salary. 20k a week suddenly becomes 40k a week. Hard not to be swayed? :confused:

oldcolner
19-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Horse trading money! 15 million would be about right. Michael has certainly been positive about remaining with the Clarets. The gaffer wants to keep him. We do however have Mee, Tarkowski and Kadar who looks a likely bargain basement addition. Depends on the agents! From past experience, Burnley Football Club hardly ever refuse a profit but let's hope he stays?
Aq
Have we signed Kadar?

Altobelli
19-06-2016, 06:17 PM
The problem when these sort of offers are bandied about the recipient inevitably doubles his annual salary. 20k a week suddenly becomes 40k a week. Hard not to be swayed? :confused:

That is what gets up my nose TEC, I believe there was no one on more than 13,000 a week at the Turf the season just gone, that equates to 676,000 per year, after super tax and other deductions lets say 300,000, that in my reckoning is 5,769:23 cash, every week doing a job they love, why do a lot of these Footballers crave the note as much as they do ? the old saying that it is a short career also gets up my nose, 5,769:23 ? That's 5,330 a week more than me, and I have to be in bed at 19:00 some weeks to get up at 3am !

The Bedlington Terrier
20-06-2016, 06:45 AM
The Tamas Kadar deal "looks likely" but is not over the line yet oldcolner. >:(

The Bedlington Terrier
20-06-2016, 06:29 PM
The Clarets have just rejected a 10 million pounds offer from Leicester City, according to "Sky Sources".

whittyclaretandblue
20-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Playing week in week out for us would most likely get him in an England Squad and better offers in 12 mths or sit on Leicesters bench more than likely and be over looked for England due to lack of playing time. anything less than 20m shouldn't even be entertained in the current market.

Altobelli
20-06-2016, 07:17 PM
If true, good that we have dismissed it straight away, anything north of 18 Mill could get Garlick's attention me thinks....

suttonclaret
20-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Just been on ssn

suttonclaret
20-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Just been on ssn .again

BeneBoyBFCN58
21-06-2016, 03:57 AM
Alto - This Foxes/Keane bid of 10million for the boy, and believe me they have made this initial bid, is the first test of our Board's commitment to a longer than 12 month stay in the Premier League this season. Don't forget Keane did spend time at Leicester City in 2012/13 when he made 27 appearances for them in the Championship.

For my money, Barton, Heaton , Gray may have played major rolls in our promotion season but, in my opinion, Keane was the best player for us week in and week out.

It is interesting that various clubs are queueing up to buy this lad John Stones from Everton with the latest reported bid being 42million from Manchester City. Stones is not bad but has several bad points some of which have now been spotted by Roy Hodgson so they must be bloody obvious!!

Keane is, in my view, twice the player that Stones is so Leicester City should be told to start their bidding at 80million.

But, we are dealing here with the Directors of Burnley FC who we now know from the last produced Accounts for the 2014/15 season pay themselves "bonuses" so even the corner flags could be up for sale for a price let alone a brilliant young central defender!!

The Bedlington Terrier
21-06-2016, 05:27 AM
A tad unfair that one BeneBoy, we have never, ever to the best of my knowledge considered selling the corner flags. Every player has a price, business is business and big profits are hard to turn down. Burnley FC have a history of taking the deal but this one will ultimately come down to whether Keane wants to commit to the Clarets or grab the Foxes' lucre and run.

bpgburn
21-06-2016, 11:00 AM
BURNLEY have turned down a club record offer of 15million for defender Michael Keane from Leicester City, the Lancashire Telegraph understands.

The Bedlington Terrier
21-06-2016, 11:06 AM
BURNLEY have turned down a club record offer of 15million for defender Michael Keane from Leicester City, the Lancashire Telegraph understands.

My God!

SERVERNOTRESPONDING
21-06-2016, 11:37 AM

I have just nearly choked on my lunch !!!

whittyclaretandblue
21-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Best thing we could do now is either get him signed on a new 3 yr contract player willing or give them a number that makes them pay through the nose and we won't entertain offers below that.

Altobelli
21-06-2016, 03:07 PM
I agree Bene, the outcome of Keane will indeed tell us where the true colours of our leaders are, but if he does go we'll never know for sure with fee undisclosed what we get for him, so at best we will be guessing initially.

I know most folk say the board have done brilliant and praise them to the heavens, and with your dealing with certain folk inside BFC TEC I know you are one of the "Praises", I'm with Bene and a few more who doubt the board to a certain extent with a few things that's happened in the past as well as the over inflated bonus payments for loans.

I'm not going to turn this thread into a debate about our Board, we have discussed it before on another thread http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38043409 which for some reason the actual figures for Directors loans have been omitted or left out, still the percentages are there to see.

I have said in my post # 13 that anything above 18 Million will make Garlick twitch which I still believe.

whittyclaretandblue
21-06-2016, 03:31 PM
http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/107297-michael-keane/page-1

pretty mixed on foxes talk some interesting comments

The Bedlington Terrier
21-06-2016, 03:59 PM
15 million (figure now being quoted) is an awful lot of dosh to turn down.

Altobelli
21-06-2016, 04:11 PM
15 million (figure now being quoted) is an awful lot of dosh to turn down.

Question is, is there a defender of the same quality for sale around that figure to replace him with some guarantee of his price rising ?

exilecanada
21-06-2016, 05:13 PM
You guys have your ears closer to ground than I do, but doesn’t Leicester signing centre back Hernandez on a free transfer negate Leicester’s need for Keane?

See link below.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36587870

Turfmoorspirit
21-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Turned down 15m..
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14570036.Burnley_turn_down_Leicester_City_s___15m_ bid_for_Michael_Keane/?ref=mr&lp=10

Bin_Ont_Turf
21-06-2016, 06:08 PM
You guys have your ears closer to ground than I do, but doesn’t Leicester signing centre back Hernandez on a free transfer negate Leicester’s need for Keane?

See link below.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36587870

According to Leicester the Hernandez signing was sorted a week or two ago and has only just signed because he was away on holiday.

They stll want Keane.

Norder
21-06-2016, 06:17 PM

Burnley can push it - how much have we earned through promotion - and with Keane's help this season...how much will we earn if we stay up.

The Bedlington Terrier
21-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Don't forget guys we have Tarkowski who we paid 6 million quid for. Kadar is also on the radar. 15 million quid is not to be sniffed at. I want Keane to stay but it's not the end of the world if he goes. Please also consider that Burnley flat refuse to even talk about selling him! :(

BeneBoyBFCN58
21-06-2016, 08:10 PM
TEC - We did NOT pay "6 million quid" for James Tarkowski. We paid Brentford 3 million plus add on's of about 10% making it a total of around 3.6 million. That's really not the point here. Kadar/Radar it rhymes but is of no interest to me.

Keane is without doubt one of the few truly Premier class players we currently have in our ranks and to say "it's not the end of the world if he goes" represents our current Board's attitude but, we know, that you are a great supporter of their mentality. "15 million quid is not to be sniffed at". Really, for possibly the best young central defender we have had for many years? TEC, your attitude and that of our Directors will see us back in the Championship the season after next!!

thedonz
21-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Keane seems the perfect fit for Leicester.

It will take some doing to hold off this bid.

Flying without Ings
21-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Keane seemed pretty level headed about the rumours in January and look how much his value has risen in 6 months. Just imagine what it would be in 12 months time when he's had a season of playing in the PL week in week out. It would make sense to hold nerve and not give out at the first test. Especially at a time when we do not need the money.

oldcolner
21-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Apparently no sell on clause BUT Man U would get training fees. Is that another Tribunal??

Turfmoorspirit
21-06-2016, 10:50 PM
Keane seemed pretty level headed about the rumours in January and look how much his value has risen in 6 months. Just imagine what it would be in 12 months time when he's had a season of playing in the PL week in week out. It would make sense to hold nerve and not give out at the first test. Especially at a time when we do not need the money. Like !