PDA

View Full Version : When do we start to panic?

RawmarshMiller
21-06-2016, 03:34 PM
9 days left in June and we only have 10 players for next season.

When do we begin to panic?

If Kelly and Broadfoot are offered longer deals elsewhere, these guys are off too.

I fear we will be 2016/17 Blackpool/Bolton

leedsmiller
21-06-2016, 03:55 PM
2 weeks ago

CAMiller
21-06-2016, 04:08 PM
You think it's bad for us? Imagine how Sharon feels about possibly having Neil around the house for the next 12 months XD

JohnLeedsMiller
21-06-2016, 05:19 PM
If you don't understand the transfer market and the type of player we can afford and would come to us, then I am sure you are panicking now.

Nothing will happen of any note until after the Euros. Why? Because most of the premiership deals won't be done until after the Euros, therefor the premiership players that aren't wanted won't go to top half championship teams until after the Euros, and therefor we won't get their unwanted players until after that.

Simple.....

Pistolpete
21-06-2016, 08:09 PM
My concern is that what I would call our relegation rivals I.e Barnsley / Wigan are stealing a march by buying up the young talent from league one. Now I'm not saying theses players will be good enough but I would have thought that would be a good market for us to be in but we never seem to. I'm just hoping Stubbs has some little gems up his sleeve but like most millers I think TS is paying us all lip device with the talk of playoffs/premier league. Quite clearly we can't afford big wages so we just have to be happy with what we have, and to be fair we have punched way above our weight and I hope I'm wrong but I fear this could be our last season in the championship. I'm not trying to be negative it's just what I believe to be a realistic situation we are in.

Pistolpete
21-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Service not device bloody predictive text

Ericsladkilnhurst
21-06-2016, 08:24 PM
If you don't understand the transfer market and the type of player we can afford and would come to us, then I am sure you are panicking now.

Nothing will happen of any note until after the Euros. Why? Because most of the premiership deals won't be done until after the Euros, therefor the premiership players that aren't wanted won't go to top half championship teams until after the Euros, and therefor we won't get their unwanted players until after that.

Simple.....

We are waiting for Car boot weather picking up,then 3rd hand players will be signed.

Brin
21-06-2016, 11:24 PM
With the likes of Derbs on 7k and Best on 8k a week ...... (Please don't ask how I know)...why doesn't the 'committee' have the balls to sign a 10-12 grand a week proven goal scorer.... You're not breaking the wage structure if you collectively use their wages to bring in a good player who is known to deliver?

We will drag the pond once again for the has beens and TS wonders why he can't sell 8000 season tickets!

tony260674
22-06-2016, 06:47 AM
With the likes of Derbs on 7k and Best on 8k a week ...... (Please don't ask how I know)...why doesn't the 'committee' have the balls to sign a 10-12 grand a week proven goal scorer.... You're not breaking the wage structure if you collectively use their wages to bring in a good player who is known to deliver?

We will drag the pond once again for the has beens and TS wonders why he can't sell 8000 season tickets!

10-12 grand a week?
How about Becchio Brin?
There are no guarantees and I don't think the gap between a 7k striker and a 12k striker is that much, not when there are 30,40 and 50k strikers in our league.

Ericsladkilnhurst
22-06-2016, 07:49 AM
According to reports, Stubbs as over 100 players clammering to play for the Millers, but waiting to see if other clubs would be a better option.

PeteWaller
22-06-2016, 07:52 AM
There's the Euro's as someone has said and on top of that, players are away on holiday. Give it until start of July and then you will see. Panic not. :o

Slaskmiller2016
22-06-2016, 01:25 PM
9 days left in June and we only have 10 players for next season.

When do we begin to panic?

If Kelly and Broadfoot are offered longer deals elsewhere, these guys are off too.

I fear we will be 2016/17 Blackpool/Bolton

Which is your preference Evans approach sign anyone who's available and hope we get 11 who can play?
Or
Let Stubbs build a considered settled team for the season.

Yes it's getting on a bit in June but we aren't paying wages out give the guy time sure he'll come through.

Bloody hope so anyway.

Utm