PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2016, the Second Round matches

Acido
23-06-2016, 12:22 AM
The disappointing First Round/Group stages are out of the way, and for me theres been far too many teams blatantly going for a draw and a point. Most fans say tournaments start now at the knockout stages, so which of the Second round matches stand out for you ?

SWITZERLAND v POLAND
CROATIA v PORTUGAL
WALES v N.IRELAND
HUNGARY v BELGIUM
GERMANY v SLOVAKIA
ITALY v SPAIN
FRANCE v REP IRELAND
ENGLAND v ICELAND

The Bedlington Terrier
23-06-2016, 07:17 AM
CROATIA v PORTUGAL (Bottom lip to go out?)
WALES v N.IRELAND (Bale strikes again!)
HUNGARY v BELGIUM (Hope Kadar plays).
ITALY v SPAIN (El Classico?)
FRANCE v REP IRELAND (England awaits?)

CaspertheClaret
23-06-2016, 12:48 PM
If Portugal do not raise their game significantly they are gone.

Obviously Wales v N Ireland is a great game for the neutrals but shame they are drawn together.

Hungary I think will give the Belgies a thorough test and I could see them being the surprise package.

France v RI - not sure what the Irish have got in their tank but if they turn up nasty then they could scare the French a bit!

Italy v Spain - as tec says, El Classico that will probably end up as dull as dishwater.

Acido
23-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Italy v Spain looks like a cracker doesnt it, but it might end up letting us all down.
Croatia v Portugal could be interesting because Ronaldo is still on top of his game and he could cause Croatia problems.
I really hope one adventure ends here and another continues.... come on N.Ireland against Wales. :P
Im not really bothered about Germany, Poland, Belgium, and France winning their matches.
And as for England, this is where we should step forward now and stop using the excuses. (although in fairness, some of the excuses used so far have been valid ones!)

Oldtimeram
23-06-2016, 03:59 PM
And as for England, this is where we should step forward now and stop using the excuses. (although in fairness, some of the excuses used so far have been valid ones!)

Which one is that?.....Oh, I know we are not good enough! ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
23-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Which one is that?.....Oh, I know we are not good enough! ;D

England really are bobbins! I think Eric Dier, Kyle Walker, Dele Alli and Rooney have done themselves proud but as for the rest? Forget it! :O

Acido
23-06-2016, 05:02 PM
I think the valid excuses are that we've met 3 defensive negative teams so far and its never easy to break that sort of rubbish down. And its annoying when teams choose to play that way in a big tournament.
However, we cant use the same excuse again this time if we fail to beat an Iceland team who are likely to play the same way again.

Norder
23-06-2016, 06:14 PM
when you know how to Dribble....what's defence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603JM1adqRA

;)

The Bedlington Terrier
23-06-2016, 07:10 PM
He reminds me a lot of Ian Moore! :D