PDA

View Full Version : O/T My final post on Brexit

crashbang
25-06-2016, 10:11 PM
I'll do a Kempo here but I will probably get this right.
Everyone is thinking we have made a mistake.
But I bet the ship SS EU is sinking and others will be taking to the lifeboats, and we will be happy that we saw this coming.

sawmiller
25-06-2016, 10:14 PM
It is certainly Right

loyalmiller
25-06-2016, 10:19 PM
I was Leave until last weekend then I changed sides and voted Remain. I obviously hope you're correct, crash, cos I've no interest in point scoring or I told you so's. All I want is what's best for our country.

crashbang
25-06-2016, 10:35 PM
I was Leave until last weekend then I changed sides and voted Remain. I obviously hope you're correct, crash, cos I've no interest in point scoring or I told you so's. All I want is what's best for our country.

Thing is , it is bad enough your lass telling you what to do.
But it is bad when your lasses mate in another country , is telling your lass what to tell you what to do.

great_fire
25-06-2016, 10:39 PM
We've always lead the way, we don't follow, others follow us.

loyalmiller
25-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Thing is , it is bad enough your lass telling you what to do.
But it is bad when your lasses mate in another country , is telling your lass what to tell you what to do.

No idea what that means, but I'm guessing it's not good! I voted remain because I've got a comfortable life today 40 hour week, own house, 2 cars, 2 holidays a year, all in all doing slightly above average.

Whereas, no one knows what will happen now Leave has won, so I thought why risk what I've got for something I do t know. Easy decision in the end.

crashbang
25-06-2016, 10:57 PM
That nails it really.
The people who are not so well off and have been ignored, have had their chance to speak out.
I am ok , but not an all right jack like you.
The banks went bust. we bailed them out to billions of our money.
Taxes were put on extra rooms.
Benefits to disabled cut.Then we were asked to tighten our belts
No one listened to genuine gripes from people in working class areas about the influx of immigrants.
Go in the walk in centre in town , it's like Calais.
But you are ok so it doesn't affect you.

loyalmiller
25-06-2016, 11:12 PM
That nails it really.
The people who are not so well off and have been ignored, have had their chance to speak out.
No one listened to genuine gripes from people in working class areas about the influx of immigrants.

Crash from what I've read on this board over the years your life is at least equally as comfortable as mine but that's by the by.

Now I'm not politically minded but I'm fairly sure that us bailing out the banks, the bedroom tax and the benefits cuts have nothing to do with the EU and I've got two sons living in Australia so it'd be a bit hypocritical of me to moan about immigration.

Thing is you made your decision and I made mine now we all have to stick together to make it work. If it doesn't you won't hear me saying I told you so because I want it to work as much as you do.

sawmiller
26-06-2016, 07:41 AM
That nails it really.

.....so you gave the party who led that another 5 years....

MILLERSTALE
26-06-2016, 08:07 AM

That I find is quite extraordinary, its equivalent to ditching the Millers and supporting the Owls, I can only assume you were pressured by the great propaganda machine run by the institutions who have no interest in the British people but are only concerned in screwing every penny out of the working classes.

rileyev.the.third
26-06-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm at a bit of an advantage here because I know Loyal personally.

He's got a decent/comfortable lifestyle because he's spent his adult years working his nads off, earned and deserves everything he has got.

He's not an I'm alright Jack sort of bloke at all.

Millerstale, bit of a daft comparison that pal but I'm sure Loyal would happily stick pins in his eyes than watch the dark side.

Loyal obviously decided he was content with what he has and didn't feel the need to risk it.

By the way, anyone who voted leave with the hopes of immigration decreasing majorly, you've all dropped a b@llack because it won't.

loyalmiller
26-06-2016, 11:12 AM
I'm at a bit of an advantage here because I know Loyal personally.

He's got a decent/comfortable lifestyle because he's spent his adult years working his nads off, earned and deserves everything he has got.

He's not an I'm alright Jack sort of bloke at all.

Millerstale, bit of a daft comparison that pal but I'm sure Loyal would happily stick pins in his eyes than watch the dark side.

Loyal obviously decided he was content with what he has and didn't feel the need to risk it.

By the way, anyone who voted leave with the hopes of immigration decreasing majorly, you've all dropped a b@llack because it won't.

Thanks for the kind words and for having my back, Riley. That was exactly my reasoning for voting Remain.

I just don't understand why people who voted one way are now trying to ridicule people who voted the other way. A fair decisions been made now we should all unite and make it work. The early signs are that it's not looking as bad as the doom merchants were saying, so it might all work out for the better after all. I hope so.

rolymiller
26-06-2016, 12:53 PM
I'm old enough and cynical enough to know that whether we are in or out of the EU the working class will be screwed. Think about the years before we went in the EU was it any better then? And I think that the corrupt EU will probably collapse in on itself now anyway.

leedsmiller
26-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Voting Remain is like voting to stay on the deck of the Titanic - at least with voting to Leave in the lifeboats there's a chance of survival.

millmoormagic
26-06-2016, 02:09 PM
That nails it really.

So, it's the immigrants fault then, is it? Once again your bigotry rears it's ugly head.
It wasn't immigrants who made the austerity cuts...
It wasn't immigrants that took all our money as the banks did...
It wasn't immigrants who taxed your extra rooms...
It wasn't immigrants who cut your disabled benefits...
Yes, we have issues with immigration, too many, too quick, but for christ's sake look at the real problem we have in this country, a government hell bent on screwing you, the working man, over until you bleed, and ultimately, it's US ALL to blame, for allowing them to win another general election.....

crashbang
26-06-2016, 02:45 PM
So, it's the immigrants fault then, is it? Once again your bigotry rears it's ugly head.
It wasn't immigrants who made the austerity cuts...
It wasn't immigrants that took all our money as the banks did...
It wasn't immigrants who taxed your extra rooms...
It wasn't immigrants who cut your disabled benefits...
Yes, we have issues with immigration, too many, too quick, but for christ's sake look at the real problem we have in this country, a government hell bent on screwing you, the working man, over until you bleed, and ultimately, it's US ALL to blame, for allowing them to win another general election.....

Where have I said it was. Try reading again, but put your glasses on this time.

millmoormagic
26-06-2016, 02:49 PM

Will that do??

welovebooth
26-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Loyal how much is your house worth??

loyalmiller
26-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Not that it's any of your business or that it matters but 200k. Four bedroom detached on the Amorys Holt estate in Maltby.

crashbang
26-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Not that it's any of your business or that it matters but 200k. Four bedroom detached on the Amorys Holt estate in Maltby.

Is that what used to be called "White city"?

redhouse
26-06-2016, 06:23 PM

So why answer then :?

loyalmiller
26-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Is that what used to be called "White city"?

You know it isn't. Amorys Holts is just as you get out of Hellaby into Maltby. White City is still called White City and is the other side of Maltby towards The old colliery.

crashbang
26-06-2016, 06:26 PM
200k in Maltby.
Surely that is a whole street?

crashbang
26-06-2016, 06:28 PM
You know it isn't. Amorys Holts is just as you get out of Hellaby into Maltby. White City is still called White City and is the other side of Maltby towards The old colliery.

Armorys holt is the Wickersley of Sunnyside then?

loyalmiller
26-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Armorys holt is the Wickersley of Sunnyside then?

Lol if you like Crashbang mate if you like.

millmoormagic
26-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Don't slate Sunnyside please, and stop being a condescending snob....

crashbang
26-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Lol if you like Crashbang mate if you like.

No worries just playing.
Off on full tilt now to lose a quid or two,

crashbang
26-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Don't slate Sunnyside please, and stop being a condescending snob....

Who's slating Sunnyside.
I live there, and don't call it wick or Bramley like some.

loyalmiller
26-06-2016, 06:34 PM
So why answer then :?

Can't do right for doing wrong on this site. I give up. The guy asked me, I don't know why he asked. but answered anyway.

Give me your email address redhouse so you can vet all post aimed at me and tell if it's okay for me to reply to them.

loyalmiller
26-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Who's slating Sunnyside.
I live there, and don't call it wick or Bramley like some.

I think Sunnyside is a nice area now since Woodlaithes was built. A lot of people on Woodlaithes do use Sunnyside on their address.

crashbang
26-06-2016, 06:38 PM
I think Sunnyside is a nice area now since Woodlaithes was built. A lot of people on Woodlaithes do use Sunnyside on their address.

Lived here 30 years. No problems.

ozzymiller
26-06-2016, 06:39 PM

Why now and not at a general election?

Benefits to disabled cut.

By Ian Duncan-Smith, one of the leaders of 'leave'.

Then we were asked to tighten our belts

Either way it will have an effect on us. Voting one way or another people believed what they were told. Leave made lots of promises - let's hope these come to fruition. I doubt it.
Those immigrants being treated at the walk in will benefit now from 350 million pumped in to the NHS - oh wait, that was never promised was it.

loyalmiller
26-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Lived here 30 years. No problems.

I used to live on Fleming Way 25 years ago, the last semi before Flanderwell lane. I liked it just the house wasn't big enough when our family started growing.

redhouse
26-06-2016, 06:43 PM
Can't do right for doing wrong on this site. I give up. The guy asked me, I don't know why he asked. but answered anyway.

Give me your email address redhouse so you can vet all post aimed at me and tell if it's okay for me to reply to them.

Just confused why you would answer such a stupid question that as you say is nothing to do with him

No malice intended :)

crashbang
26-06-2016, 06:46 PM
I used to live on Fleming Way 25 years ago, the last semi before Flanderwell lane. I liked it just the house wasn't big enough when our family started growing.

I remember That was fields and Barrets bought it I think.

mygiddypant
26-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Will that do??

Magic asks a serious question and suddenly we're into a discussion about bits of Rotherham I've never heard of.

Ducking the issue crash?

loyalmiller
26-06-2016, 06:49 PM
I remember That was fields and Barrets bought it I think.

Yes it was a Barratt's house, I really liked it and the area, we just out grew it.

crashbang
26-06-2016, 06:50 PM
What Issue ? I was called a bigot.
He doesn't know what that means.
I am not intollerant. He should look in the mirror about intolerance.
Anyway what has it got to do with you?
Killfiled.

loyalmiller
26-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Just confused why you would answer such a stupid question that as you say is nothing to do with him

No malice intended :)

No drama, Redhouse. I was just caught in the moment of replying to 3 or 4 madsters at once and couldn't work out who was winding me up or not. And we all stop short of abusing each other :-)

millmoormagic
26-06-2016, 07:08 PM
What Issue ? I was called a bigot.
He doesn't know what that means.
I am not intollerant. He should look in the mirror about intolerance.
Anyway what has it got to do with you?
Killfiled.

Well, you're obviously a bigot, i certainly know what that means, and that's why i used it , and you're obviously intolerant...and we've anothe rsnob, though i'm surprised at Loyal, what's that supposed to mean exactly loyal, "Sunnyside is a nice area now they've built the Woodlaithes estate"? Born and bred, 50 years and counting, salt of the earth this village, yeh, even those poor folk in the 'pit houses'...

crashbang
26-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Well, you're obviously a bigot, i certainly know what that means, and that's why i used it , and you're obviously intolerant...and we've anothe rsnob, though i'm surprised at Loyal, what's that supposed to mean exactly loyal, "Sunnyside is a nice area now they've built the Woodlaithes estate"? Born and bred, 50 years and counting, salt of the earth this village, yeh, even those poor folk in the 'pit houses'...

What's up with being a snob ?

Or rsnob as you put it

loyalmiller
26-06-2016, 07:24 PM

I am so sorry, millmoormagic. It looks shocking in text but that isn't how I meant it. When I lived on Flanderwell Woodlaithes wasn't even built at was just a farm on Elton Lane and I thought it was a nice area then.
I am the polar opposite of a snob, I'm a working class truck driver who left school with nothing but an 'A' in technical drawing which stood for absent from exam. I am proud of my working class roots father was a milkman and later in life a trucker, my mother cleaned in a pub. Apologies if any of my post made me look arrogant or snobbish because nothing could be farther than the truth.

millmoormagic
26-06-2016, 07:28 PM
I am so sorry, millmoormagic. It looks shocking in text but that isn't how I meant it. When I lived on Flanderwell Woodlaithes wasn't even built at was just a farm on Elton Lane and I thought it was a nice area then.
I am the polar opposite of a snob, I'm a working class truck driver who left school with nothing but an 'A' in technical drawing which stood for absent from exam. I am proud of my working class roots father was a milkman and later in life a trucker, my mother cleaned in a pub. Apologies if any of my post made me look arrogant or snobbish because nothing could be farther than the truth.

That's why i said i was surprised fella, just didn't 'sound' like you!! no need to apologise, just proud of my roots and always challenge when they get dissed!!!

crashbang
26-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Dissed Lol .
Slap me some skin bro.

millmoormagic
26-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Dissed Lol .
Slap me some skin bro.

You've plenty of loose stuff to slap, particularly on yer bonce!

crashbang
26-06-2016, 08:59 PM
What a pathetic reply. Made my day .

millmoormagic
26-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Glad you've been so attentive, you must be a bit of a sad act if that's your day made fella, you don't get out much then...

crashbang
26-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Second kill file of the day

millmoormagic
26-06-2016, 09:25 PM
You're doing well, at this rate there's just you and the dog, quite fitting...