PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Northern Towns or Crapped on Northern Towns?

Deadlydave
26-06-2016, 08:42 PM
I don't know whether any of you have heard the comment in the Lefty super paper "The Guardian" that has at least one columnist that thinks we are by implication Crappy Northerners! Well Fabian Leftists who would rather cower in fear of freedom than be servants to a globalist dictatorial institution like the EU, you people represent one elitist newspaper that I will never to tempted to buy again. Oh yes and by the way I have suffered a micro-aggression from the lack of social inclusion and regionalist tendencies . To think you they call themselves agents of social justice. Maybe I should send some lefty social justice warriors around to their head office to re-educate them. Pathetic.

yesTHATironingboard
26-06-2016, 09:07 PM
have you got a link to the article?

Deadlydave
26-06-2016, 10:22 PM
yes, YesTHATironingboard no problem; the article from Saturday 25th June entitled "Trump and Brexit: parallel campaigns built on fear, anger and charisma" its by Adam Gabbatt. You can find it on the net yourself as I am not technical enough to link it.

gogogadgetlegs
26-06-2016, 11:04 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/25/donald-trump-nigel-farage-us-election-brexit

Deadlydave
26-06-2016, 11:12 PM
Thank you gogogadgetlegs

gogogadgetlegs
26-06-2016, 11:14 PM
Most welcome dave

Claret_USA
26-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Good article that - thanks for linking. By the way, the "Fury of the crappy towns" is only making reference to the "Crap Towns" series of books. Really the article is just drawing parallels between the UK and US and general rise of anti-immigrant rhetoric. I think most is pretty accurate, but can see why it may offend. Certainly Ohio (one of the states mentioned in that section) is a key battleground between Clinton/Trump and Clinton is investing heavily in campaigns there. Fortunately, it looks like Trump may struggle as he is not attracting funding and many are seeing through him.

Norder
27-06-2016, 01:21 AM

the cunctator (columist) is no more than a self-admiring gasbag.

why ?

it says:

"The vast majority of the north of England voted to leave. The north is home to towns and cities that were built around industries that have long since left. Cotton, steel and mining used to provide jobs in places such as Preston, Sheffield and Sunderland. "

so, it's as simple as "they left" ?

no mention of Why, is that not his duty ?...of course not, because if he looks for the answer, he would fully understand and realise the True Reasons for the effect, it's an act of deliberate deceptiveness, they use untruths, weak argument, anything to manipulate...for duplicitous ends.

Cheers.

The Bedlington Terrier
27-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Going to take a while to sort out the aftermath of Brexit. Roll the old sleeves up...

claretinthesticks
27-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Going to take a while to sort out the aftermath of Brexit. Roll the old sleeves up...

I don't think even waders will be enough to get us out of this ****. We're up to our necks in it.

The Bedlington Terrier
27-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Not really the "Bulldog Spirit" claretinthesticks?

We really need to take a leaf out of Woy's book. NOT!