PDA

View Full Version : The US and gun control...

The Bedlington Terrier
08-07-2016, 12:20 PM
How long can this madness go on?

exilecanada
08-07-2016, 02:49 PM
How long can this madness go on?

As long as the NRA (National Rifle Association) has such a massive lobby, any functional gun control laws will never happen. The Useless States of America has been ruled by the gun since day one, that won’t any time soon.

:s

The Bedlington Terrier
08-07-2016, 03:42 PM
But surely exile, the US Senate cannot condone and allow these daily killings to go on any longer? WTF is wrong with these people and how come Canada does not have the same problem?

exilecanada
08-07-2016, 07:07 PM
But surely exile, the US Senate cannot condone and allow these daily killings to go on any longer? WTF is wrong with these people and how come Canada does not have the same problem?

One has to understand many powerful, influential people are fully paid up, card carrying members of the NRA and will lobby Senate or whomever needs to be reminded of the Useless States constitutionís 2nd amendment. If Iím not mistaken, former President Ronald Reagan was a card carrying NRA member.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I understand the 2nd amendment was amended at some point to remove the words, donít quote me on thisÖÖÖ ďagainst the countryís enemiesĒ or words to that effect.

Iím sure the authors of the 2nd amendment would cringe if they knew what they had done.

Itís too late to turn back now.

As for why doesnít Canada have the same problem: Many of our laws are based on UK laws and values. Itís difficult to legally, if not impossible, to own a hand gun here, and most certainly one cannot, under any circumstances, carry a hand gun lawfully. Sport firearms such as hunting rifles etc, are permissible but must be stored under lock and key unless used for hunting. Iím not saying Canada is hand gun free, itís not. In large population areas such as Toronto and Montreal, gun related crimes are on the increase. Being close to the Useless States of America, Iím sure guns are smuggled across the border.

alfinyalcabo
08-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Leave them to it... The Americans are the cause of most of the trouble in the world.. They deserve everything they get if they can't be bothered to put their own country to rights before trying to sort out other countries..

#godblessamericathelandofthefree

Altobelli
08-07-2016, 08:12 PM
I thought I was hearing things ont radio when driving home from work when a Dallas Police Chief said about a sniper "We did the only thing we could, we sent a Robot into the garage with a bomb on it and blew him up" Bloody Brilliant

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/philando-castile-alton-sterling-protests/index.html