PDA

View Full Version : The Olympics

Bodie80
30-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Anyone looking forward to them ? I love the Olympics but with all the things surrounding them this year I am not looking forward to them as much. I'm sure that when they start I will end up watching a lot of them though

Buc
30-07-2016, 02:32 PM
I could give you a huge list of drug cheats that have been known within the athletics game.

But I'm not willing to name them

Woman marathon runner

Cyclist number of golds

100 MTR runner from the 80s

Another 800:meter 1500 meter runner really well known holding a extremely good position .

I've seen amateur runners taking stuff to help them improve they were that desperate back in the 80s & 90s.
But I will say this there's also stuff out there that improves your performance they should be banned too

CREATINE for one that helps you train harder and for longer .
For example let's say you can do 10x400 meter reps with a minute recovery 3 months on that stuff you can do 15-20 400s in the same
time but with less pain in the legs not the so heavy feeling.
That's defiantly a sports enhancement drug if you like but its allowed .

Its all over the place in athletics and believe me the higher up you are the more the one step ahead of the authorities you are.

Bodie80
31-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Come on Buc, name and shame them :)

Will you be watching ?

54FairAndSquare
31-07-2016, 12:54 PM
I think it’s now about time we changed tack on this.

Let’s legalise all performance enhancing drugs that are known to be safe. And make them available to athletes in poor countries that might not be able to afford them

Then we’ll have fair competition, and a credible sporting event. Everyone will be on a level playing field. It will suit the drugs companies that will make and sell legitimate drugs. And encourage them to develop other safe drugs that work. IWO, bring the whole business out of Frenkenstein labs where it is now.

As it is there is likely to be clean athletes banned and doped athletes taking part.

Buc
31-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Come on Buc, name and shame them :)

Will you be watching ?

No because one holds an extremely high position that would worry me.

Hey lord Coe does a very good job for the worldwide athletics even though.

But I'm not that stupid even fellow competitors knew what the athletes were up to ..

To get even it left some with no choice but to take also its their living that has been taken away from them ..

I can also say nearly EVERY 100 meter runner on the start line in any big event has indeed been taking stuff.
Most people know that anyway.
For me every world record has a question mark over it.
It was never so easily!y seen with Flo Jo.

Buc
31-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Here flo Jo unreal so unrealits not right .

https://youtu.be/Mrt9yZL8dbI

Buc
31-07-2016, 01:44 PM
https://youtu.be/o0e1yaMIM08

This world record stood for many years :O

Buc
31-07-2016, 01:48 PM
I think it’s now about time we changed tack on this.

Let’s legalise all performance enhancing drugs that are known to be safe. And make them available to athletes in poor countries that might not be able to afford them

Then we’ll have fair competition, and a credible sporting event. Everyone will be on a level playing field. It will suit the drugs companies that will make and sell legitimate drugs. And encourage them to develop other safe drugs that work. IWO, bring the whole business out of Frenkenstein labs where it is now.

As it is there is likely to be clean athletes banned and doped athletes taking part.

We should have a games for clean athletes and one for enhancing drug athletes be interesting to see the difference .
Don't think there would be many top 3 athletes at any track event at the up and coming Olympics if that were the case.

Buc
31-07-2016, 01:51 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-athletics-johnson-smith-idUSBRE98M0PT20130923

The dirty race

Bodie80
31-07-2016, 03:31 PM
No because one holds an extremely high position that would worry me.

Hey lord Coe does a very good job for the worldwide athletics even though.

But I'm not that stupid even fellow competitors knew what the athletes were up to ..

To get even it left some with no choice but to take also its their living that has been taken away from them ..

I can also say nearly EVERY 100 meter runner on the start line in any big event has indeed been taking stuff.
Most people know that anyway.
For me every world record has a question mark over it.
It was never so easily!y seen with Flo Jo. You are saying that in the 100 metres at Rio nearly every atheletes will have been taking drugs ? That's a pretty big statement to make

Buc
31-07-2016, 06:29 PM
You are saying that in the 100 metres at Rio nearly every atheletes will have been taking drugs ? That's a pretty big statement to make

NEARLY.
Every professional ex 100 meter runners are now saying it themselves.. But I'm not saying who though
Hence the word nearly.some would indeed say all.. If amateurs take them in desperation to improve say a 32 minute 10k runner you have to question the pros
And their times you know full well who I am saying who took them .I knew more than a few back in the day and yes I took creatine although legal it made a difference to my reps with the added bonus of doing more of them ...
But that's the stuff your own body produces so its legal .. But I only took that for around 6 months as I got dehydrated during a 10 mile hill race not good.
Plenty of cyclists take that stuff .I'd like to see more investigation into that stuff

Buc
31-07-2016, 06:34 PM
https://www.hivehealthmedia.com/creatine-reviews/

Scoobydhoo
01-08-2016, 01:46 AM
I used to look forward to the olympics but really since 1988 I haven't watched them.
I remember watching all the athletic competition but knowing that Alan wells cheated to win in a dope fuelled race in 1980 sort of took that proud he's Scottish moment away .

Buc
01-08-2016, 05:12 AM
I used to look forward to the olympics but really since 1988 I haven't watched them.
I remember watching all the athletic competition but knowing that Alan wells cheated to win in a dope fuelled race in 1980 sort of took that proud he's Scottish moment away .

We read here Scooby

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/12065350.Bitter_track_rivalry_with_Allan_Wells_see n_as_spur_for_startling_allegations_by_Games_medal _winner__Former_____________coach_to_sue_over_drug _claim/