PDA

View Full Version : When the sun never set on the Scottish empire

54FairAndSquare
07-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Er not quite, we had Ally McLeod in charge of the expidition

http://www.scotsman.com/heritage/people-places/was-scotland-s-darien-colony-doomed-to-fail-1-4111526

I'm running a sweep for how many minutes it will take for someone to come on and blame England for it. I'll take 8.5

spameater1
07-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Nae Kant's interested in what happened in the 17th Century.Oh wait.

Bodie80
07-08-2016, 10:47 AM
Nae Kant's interested in what happened in the 17th Century.Oh wait. I Spameater nae kants interested in history, unless it suits their agenda. Ring any bells ? :)

spameater1
07-08-2016, 10:51 AM
I Spameater nae kants interested in history, unless it suits their agenda. Ring any bells ? :)

Aye Bodie,just me being naughty and divisive again.

psych
07-08-2016, 12:20 PM
another thread from the self hating Scot

JackSnakes
07-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Er not quite, we had Ally McLeod in charge of the expidition

http://www.scotsman.com/heritage/people-places/was-scotland-s-darien-colony-doomed-to-fail-1-4111526

I'm running a sweep for how many minutes it will take for someone to come on and blame England for it. I'll take 8.5

Christ - you're as much of a bellend as that pillock Skippy - the one who had Celtic under the cosh for ninety minutes against Astana.
England's involvement in the failure of the Darien project is a matter of historical record - trust some thick hun to try to rewrite history to pretend it never happened.. (psst...L-I-Q-U-I-D-A-T-I-O-N)

Red_Zeppelin
08-08-2016, 06:09 PM
getting this back on track, the article is actaully very accurate.

the colony in panama WAS a phukkin disaster, and it was one that we found it hard to get over.

look at the money that was chucked away on phukk all.....and led to 1000's o scots (and irish) signing there lives away as indentured labour (AKA SLAVES) in order to pay off debts.

There are still descendants o these poor sods alive in the caribbean, treated as less than 2nd class citizens.....how comes you never hear there story?

JackSnakes
08-08-2016, 06:58 PM
getting this back on track, the article is actaully very accurate.

the colony in panama WAS a phukkin disaster, and it was one that we found it hard to get over.

look at the money that was chucked away on phukk all.....and led to 1000's o scots (and irish) signing there lives away as indentured labour (AKA SLAVES) in order to pay off debts.

There are still descendants o these poor sods alive in the caribbean, treated as less than 2nd class citizens.....how comes you never hear there story?

It is accurate - and it also details the horrendous blackmail Scotland was under to join this 'union'.

"Please wonderful Scotland - come and join our lovely union... or you'll never sell so much as a clothes peg outside your miserable little country again..."

But the loss of Darien left Scotland with more than just empty pockets says McKendrick. He said: “Darien had a profound psychological effect on Scotland. It robbed the country of confidence.

And this is why we're sheidt at football... :D

54FairAndSquare
18-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Just as I thought, the Wee Scotlanders don’t like talking about Darien.

Except ot blame the English.

Taintedice
18-08-2016, 01:37 PM
hun filth is that angry after shellick win a game of football that they use the deaths of thousands of scots to make themselves feel better. The use of sub-human to categorise this scvm is perfectly acceptable.

54FairAndSquare
18-08-2016, 07:58 PM
If only Sir Walter was still here.

His use of holocaust photographs as commentary on Nazi style posts is perfectly acceptable

And his fish pic would come in handy as well

Taintedice
18-08-2016, 09:26 PM
You're the only fish here, phukkin belter XD

ZombieSkelper
18-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Does sir walloper still breathe through his ears? XD

stewarty27
18-08-2016, 09:43 PM
The Scottish traitor IQ54 can hardly hide his glee at a disaster that befell his own country and its people. What a treacherous bottom feeder,

Taintedice
18-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Hey, it was just his hero King Billy looking after his countrymen. The Dutch, that is. Who cares about a few thousand Scots dying, certainly not walloper.

spameater1
18-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Being concerned for Walloper's Mental state and general well being,the next time I'm talking tae Queen Nicola I'm going tae suggest can ye no let Walloper sing his traditional Scottish Folk Song The Billy Boys,'cause He's boring the arse off everybody oan Footymad.

54FairAndSquare
19-08-2016, 05:25 AM
So now we've got England and the Netherlands to blame for the failure of Scotland's imperial expansionism.

Any advance on that?

Taintedice
19-08-2016, 10:00 PM
A Dutch bloke in charge of england allows a country to die and the hun cheers. Just as well Titanic wasn't made on the Clyde. Scotland said No to Sevco, nothing else matters.

54FairAndSquare
22-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Using the deaths of people on the Titanic to score cheap points. Disgusting

Taintedice
22-08-2016, 03:57 PM
One funny wee comment about a wife-beating jakey and walloper escapes the straight-jacket for another rant XD