PDA

View Full Version : Nottingham Forest Post Match Thoughts

CAMiller
14-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Let's try and keep all the moans/groans/cheers together on here rather than starting a new thread for every single aspect of tonight's game.

Thanks

CAM

CAMiller
14-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Well I was hoping for a win and an early birthday present for tomorrow but at least sounds like it was a good game/fight. Sorry to say my 2-2 prediction was right (about the first time I got one right).

dansk
14-09-2016, 09:05 PM
We seemed to be up for this game and pressed higher up the pitch like we should and can play. Sounds like the midfield was more solid and up for the fight. Big game at Blackburn.

animallittle3
14-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Got to sort that defence out guys because it's killing you at the moment , I make that 3 times you've scored twice at home and you haven't converted it into a win .
Two goals at home should be doing the job 8 times out of 10 .

Sounded a feisty affair too .

sawmiller
14-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Well I was hoping for a win and an early birthday present for tomorrow but at least sounds like it was a good game/fight. Sorry to say my 2-2 prediction was right (about the first time I got one right).

Put up some fight/spirit and gained a point - good steps in the right direction so well done lads! Late goals at both ends perhaps suggests both sides may need to get a bit fitter? Will come with more game time I guess.

A pleasing point :)

sawmiller
14-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Got to sort that defence out guys because it's killing you at the moment , I make that 3 times you've scored twice at home and you haven't converted it into a win .
Two goals at home should be doing the job 8 times out of 10 .

Sounded a feisty affair too .

We do need to start converting some of these to wins, for sure. Perhaps it will come in time...

Brin
14-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Let's try and keep all the moans/groans/cheers together on here rather than starting a new thread for every single aspect of tonight's game.

Thanks

CAM

Oops sorry CAM forgot about this….. but I do feel certain players need a special mention and would get lost in just one thread….

Brin
14-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Izzy through the middle…..
purely unstoppable unless of course you're a ref then he can stop your game!

MOTM for me with Fisher a close second….

I don't think we need Blackstock as bad we think so long as Izzy can play up front and in the middle not out wide….

Just let the trigger go earlier lad then you'll bag more goals….

Two assists from Izzy tonight very well done indeed….

Brin
14-09-2016, 09:16 PM

Thanks

CAM

Sorry CAM….too many players to mention and situations that will not be picked up and lost on one post…I've tried but I simply have to do other points….

gwru
14-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Stubbs has kept his job. More like a Rotherham United performance. Izzy standout. Wilson was abit dodgy. Better when we get Broadfoot & Newell back. Will miss Fisher, 2nd booking thought he'd got the ball. Crowd, no booing tonight.

millertop
14-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Let me get the moan out first ;D Halford missed a SITTER after a great corner from Yates.

Well done to Stubbs for standing up, makes a difference doesn't it?,he was like a yoyo in 2nd half complaining to 4th official, if that wasn't cheating by the Ref I don't know what is.

Some great footballing there tonight, can't fault the he players after that game.
Agree with MOTM Brown (sponsors chose him aswell) with Fisher and Taylor coming close.

WELL DONE LADS

rolymiller
14-09-2016, 09:47 PM
We played well tonight . I t would have been an injustice if we had lost. So difficult to pick a man of the match:
Izzy: finds his men so easily, reads the game so well for a young un. You always thought summat was going to happen when he got the ball. Sod all protection from the ref. Another thing I like about him for a young player he is so unselfish.
Taylor: Always a thorn in their side and 2 smartly taken goals, never say die attitude. Also put in some good crosses. All action player.
Fisher: Quick in the tackle and supported attack well. I havent a clue why he got the first booking.

Take ya pick from those 3.

Yep the Halford miss. Bit like the Ward one the other day. They come back to haunt you dont they. Think he had too much time.

millertop
14-09-2016, 09:50 PM
Get Taylor up front ;)

Back of the net
14-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Good spirit shown tonight really didn't deserve to lose.

Fisher MOM for me.

Taylor 2 cracking goals Izzy what can I say superb.

One moan the constant abuse of Wilson by the idiots sat near me.

UTM

millers88
14-09-2016, 09:56 PM
Easily best performance so far in terms of commitment and organisation especially first half, we played with much more aggression compared to the other games and didn't give the opposition as much space either until we went a man down.

I thought it was the right decision to take Yates off at the time even though there were a few groans but it turned out to be the right decision in the end so well done Stubbs.

Best players for us tonight were Fry, Adeyemi, Taylor and Brown being man of the match by far hes a sensational player and ran the Forest defence ragged all game with his pace and trickery.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
14-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Don't we have enough problems at this level, why can't we get officials that do their flucking job right?

Onto the positives far better so happy to see Mattock back. Do think Stubbs on the touchline helps with the players knowing he's there and he was waving them forward. As I've said before I'm not one that's believes shouting and waving arms about does anything. Signs that Stubbs may be a fast learner and as I've already said I think we've signed some good players, lets hope so. We showed fight to get back in it and Taylor with the goals should give him the confidence.

Yates looked good when he come on, such a shame he had to come off and the goal is the thing that seems to happen when you take your only striker off but it was the best thing to do given that he was least experienced. Heard some idiots slating Allan outside the ground, ye he's a little light weight but creative plays some right balls. Better using him wide for now and in front Mattock, can see him being a great player and he's only going to improve by playing. Always has to be someone to slate. They all played well put the effort in and showed fight. It was a Rotherham United performance and nice to see a Forest Millers game like the ones of old thinking about it. We're saving our big win against them for their place. :)

UTM!

lbj
14-09-2016, 10:18 PM
"Seems like stubs is a fast learner"

That statement will be on my wall ! ! !

I swear that if I did tatoos this would be the first one to be across my arse cheeks! ! !

"Stubs can keep his job"

For tonight ........???

Well he listens to you lads and the others that have given him invaluable support and football knowledge from this site - watch your letter boxes for the letters of thanks - NO YOU LOT DESERVE A CHEQUE IN THE POST.

And - thanks to the football guru who said that AS should stand up - YOU may have saved our season ! ! !

FFS....I NEED A DRINK !

rolymiller
14-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Pleased Fisher is only a one match ban. Think 3 could have been costly for us. Still thin k the ref couldnt wait to send him off like he did Halford last year.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
You are totally clueless and you can't even read. Round pegs round holes makes a massive difference as does psychology.

lbj
PS: You would crucified Alan Stubbs had we lost tonight......

NO.....Oh YES you would !

Common MILLERS - WE'RE GETTING THERE - THEY'RE PLAYING FOR THE QUIET MAN !

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
14-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Again clueless you should never assume wish I had recorded what I said during the game now just to show you up. Battle, fight and positives from the manager is all I need to see pretty much.

UTM!

Shark27
14-09-2016, 10:36 PM
Credit where it is due. Miles better performance tonight. Stubbs took a bit of note from me regarding closing players down (which Ibj argued with me about) and with Adeyemi in midfield we looked a lot better.

I like Halfords composure in midfield and Brown is obviously quality. From where I was sat (which was quite close) it looked as though Fishers second yellow was a great tackle. He certainly got the ball. Mattock deserves praise.

Unfortunately the referee spoils it for us and now Fisher will be suspended.

If we play like that week in, week out (not like Saturday) and we still go down I won't complain!

lbj
14-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Well Mandy - and I'm not picking on you because there are MANY examples of hypocrisy ! But - for the record this is what YOU posted this week about AS - and I quote:

"What a arrogant Tw@t - Proving how clueless he is too"

I suppose a person of honour like you still stands by those words ?

We'll see - there's a long way to go yet - you can all change your minds - it only takes a loss.....fickle doesn't come close!

Sleep well !

CAMiller
14-09-2016, 11:00 PM
Well Mandy - and I'm not picking on you because there are MANY examples of hypocrisy ! But - for the record this is what YOU posted this week about AS - and I quote:

"What a arrogant Tw@t - Proving how clueless he is too"

I suppose a person of honour like you still stands by those words ?

We'll see - there's a long way to go yet - you can all change your minds - it only takes a loss.....fickle doesn't come close!

Sleep well !

Instead of picking holes in what other posters have said tonight or in the past why not concentrate on giving your thoughts on the match, which is what everyone else on this thread have done apart from you :blue:

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
14-09-2016, 11:02 PM
He had to back track from what he said from that article, ye he could of been misquoted. I stand by that he has made amateurish errors and he's said a hell of a lot the excuses that our previous sacked managers have said which is pretty clueless IMO. I may be wrong about him being arrogant but he has come across that way in the past, no problem with being proved wrong. Think you need to do a bit of reading of my comments over the years, like I say clueless.

UTM!

lbj
14-09-2016, 11:34 PM
Yes I could read yours and the rants of other posters equally as fickle as you are!

I have read positive posts also but you wrote the previous quotation - and it's a disgrace !

You and others have been attacking the chairman - the manager - and individuals within the team ! Attacks all without merit!

Everyone of these comments are a disgrace - and the posters should be ashamed - as the jury is still out on the season.....but the above quotation - written by you - is pretty damming - don't YA think ?

You're NOT unique by any means - you say "clueless" - we'll the only thing I'm "clueless" about is what your comments have to do with supporting a football team.....

Onward and upward MILLERS - brilliant fighting spirit tonight - I AM VERY PROUD TO BE A MILLER TONIGHT !

NO MORE NEGATIVITY !

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
15-09-2016, 04:56 AM
Failed to adress any points made and keeps coming with the insults and BS. Fantastic edition to this site and you. You've got me using your tactics lol. I love how well you come across and how intelligent you made yourself look with the Barnsley fans.

UTM!

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
15-09-2016, 05:17 AM
Have you considered a career in the media? Not even sure you go to games with your posts on this thread?

mellowmiller
15-09-2016, 06:46 AM
A much better performance from a team which was far more balanced and had round pegs in round holes, Mattock's return to left back being a prime example of that.
Plenty of standout performances which have been covered elsewhere so I won't go over them again but I do think it's worth mentioning the impact of Frecks' little cameo performance. It was his drive and persistence that set up the equalising goal and if we have him and Adeyemi in midfield I'm sure the world will look a much better place.
Nice to see AS making himself more visible and encouraging the players, I'm sure this can only help build the "one team" ethic.
A real building block was put in place last night and when Kirky is fit and back in the team the defence will have that bit more solidity.
Well done everyone, onwards and upwards now. UTM.

mikemiller
15-09-2016, 06:52 AM
Generallly a much better performance than v Bristol City, although some of the same faults were still there, especially in the last 20 minutes. Brown and Taulor always looked a threat. Danny Ward tried hard, but no composure in front of goal, missed one-on-ones with the Forest keeper in each half, and kept getting caught offside. Halford missed a sitter too, and would be useless playing up front. Mattock was a slight improvement at left back, but not much (that's why Wednesday off loaded him) Having failed to make it 2-0, we started sitting back too deep again. Forest were not very good, and we deserved at leastt a point, although we squandered too many chances and were hanging on at the end (again). Some signs of improvement, though several players still not fit enough for a 90 minute game

millertop
15-09-2016, 07:31 AM
Ibj is like the ref, started off alright then turned into a (well I leave that to you) ;)

millertop
15-09-2016, 07:34 AM
Don't you think Halford is like Arnie playing for us (Arnie lovers need not comment ;D ) can be good one minute then messes an easy pass the next, lazy sometimes also

Back of the net
15-09-2016, 07:43 AM
I'll be honest I was one saying we should get shut the other week.

We do look better with him in the team imo.

UTM

mikemiller
15-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Yes, it was an improvement on Saturday - but have a look at the match stats - Forest had 63% possession and 23 shots at goal. That is still fairly awful for us in a game at home. Those figures have got to come down a long way yet, in order for us to stay up. How Stubbsy is going to achieve that with the players at his disposal, I've no idea. He gets paid to sort that out. We are still deep in the danger zone

millertop
15-09-2016, 09:13 AM
Star of the night goes to Ray, 75 marathons in 75 days age 75 :star:

@RU_CST

millertop
15-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Star of the night goes to Ray, 75 marathons in 75 days age 75 :star:

@RU_CST

Raising 75,000 for Newmans school Whiston
http://rwrr.co.uk/Mission.html

Back of the net
15-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Legend

lbj
15-09-2016, 11:41 AM
OK CAM All the good that's been said and more - but the Forest game was not a "turning point" for the team - because from a brand new squad - with a new system / systems more likely - there has been a steady improvement in cohesion within the team.

No the "turning point" is with the fans that do not - let's say "appreciate" what the club are doing this season. This season is "ground zero" for Rotherham United - due to a new philosophy from the board - a long tern plan but within a budget!

Last week AS - TS - SOME PLAYERS were vilified in a disgraceful manner and if we had lost to Forest - naming no names - there would have been a thread - Stubbs out" or words to that effect ! And you know it!

I've just highlighted some of the more flagrant examples - but there were many - and then - like turning the light on - Alan Stubbs is a fast learner!

Just makes my blood boil - perhaps at least now the more outspoken posters will temper their posts instead of fluctuating between "what a hero " & "hang the b$##/$$rd" due to one result !

As for Barnsley fans - I don't give a dam about Barnsley fans - just don't like them summarising our early games and saying basically anything untoward about my team - *******s to them - I did - to return the favour - analyse their first few games - and said simply that they were fortunate to have played Derby and QPR when they did as they have NOT STARTED WELL! WELL HOW WRONG WAS I 😆

But I wished them well for the rest of the season barring the obvious...but for Barnsley to come into my back yard and say - we'll anything less than superlatives against Rotherham - they need dispatching with a flea in their ear!

Like coming ont TIVOLI ! ! Nah - shouldn't happen......Now the win against Wolves was a great result - but I still maintain they have gained a great deal of confidence from their early results - wished we could play Derby - before they get their act together.

UTM....

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
15-09-2016, 12:52 PM
You really should learn how to read correctly, address the points made, don't assume and not brush tar. Did you go to the game last night? if so what are your thoughts?

PeteWaller
15-09-2016, 01:20 PM
That was so much better.

Fisher is a very accomplished at Right back. Stubbs has said he has no argument with sending off but thought the Ref had a bad game. He was awful and why it's all about them I don't know.

Mattock back and had a solid game and to be fair to him, Wilson was better than previously.

Izzy Brown was fantastic and Forest papped it every time he ran at them. Real Gem

Taylor's work rate was superb and two goals will build on his confidence. Would like him to get past defenders more coz he crosses a great ball. Contender for mom after Izzy and Fisher.

Our midfield gave some protection last night to the defence and Adeyemi makes a difference, he too played well.

For me, Scott Allan is lacking in confidence and has to take ownership of his defensive duties when he and we lose the ball. Obvious talent but he is one I’m hoping AS can develop the potential he reportedly has.

The exciting aspect for me was seeing the team breaking so quickly from defence. It was electric at times and Izzy Brown was a real handful. We should be winning games scoring two goals again at home but I’ll happily take a point given everything that unfolded.

Frecks – He is the main reason why we got the draw. His brilliant tackle set up our equaliser and his influence on the youngsters will be immense.

If we follow through with that sort of performance against Blackburn on Saturday then I will be thinking we have the start of something good.

Oh and it was pleasing to see Stubsy encourage from the sidelines. That’s what we want. Still not sure we shouldn’t have brought on Frecks 20 minutes earlier when Forest had started to press us back. If we had, I think we would have won but that’s just conjecture.

On to Blackburn with fresh hope …………………………………… UTM

lbj
15-09-2016, 01:25 PM
I said everything I wanted to say in the press conference....😉

The team needs - the club needs unflinching support this year - if that means putting the rose coloured glasses on - then so be it....like one TIVOLI "leader" once said:.....

"Feight like glue and let's stick together"

Archiemiller
15-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Nobody seems to have mentioned Dael Fry thought he was excellent last night, think hes going to be better than the lad we had on loan from Derby(no not Roos) in my eyes thats progress. U.T.F.M.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
15-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Ye Fry looks great you can see why Middlesbrough have signed him on a 5 year deal I think it was. Just found this: http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-fc-coach-issues-challenge-11886426

He looks up to the challenge. Rawson, he's going to be good too, but I think you might be right.

great_fire
15-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Better performance, same result.

CAMiller
15-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Better performance, same result.

But on the bright side it could have been a better performance and a 2-1 loss XD

millertop
15-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Steve Evans says Brown for MOTM and it wasn't a yellow ,I've got to agree with Stevie boy ;D

mygiddypant
15-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Sitting in the East stand I didn't think it was a cardable tackle, but having watched the highlights the view from the opposite side of the field suggests that it was.

redhouse
16-09-2016, 10:52 AM
It's good to see some of the people who doubted AS are now starting to believe :)

I have every faith that he is the right man for the job given time ( hopefully ) ;D