PDA

View Full Version : Burnley bullies

oldcolner
27-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Says Deeney we bullied them all over the park, yet we conceded fewer free kicks. Are they southern softees!!

army88
27-09-2016, 02:48 PM
there was only one team bullying last night, they kicked & manhandled Vokes from first whistle along with plenty of other fouls thrown in for measure.

Not sure if Deeneys comments were aimed at us or if he thought his team mates were weak.

Primitive
27-09-2016, 03:48 PM
there was only one team bullying last night, they kicked & manhandled Vokes from first whistle along with plenty of other fouls thrown in for measure.

Not sure if Deeneys comments were aimed at us or if he thought his team mates were weak.

Pretty sure it's the second one, he gave full credit to Burnley.

onechop82
27-09-2016, 04:46 PM
I thought deeney was very honest. And i think he ment it in a respectful way i think he was mad at himself and his team thats why he said that.

Bullard032
27-09-2016, 05:32 PM
They had a few players who were pulling out of challenges and generally just not being up to it physically which is what he could have been referring to.

bpgburn
27-09-2016, 06:50 PM
If we perform like that week in week out we have more than a good chance of surviving. That was the epitome of being relentless, we ground them down and frustrated them and importantly took our chances. Great game!

oldcolner
27-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Didn't see the game and can't access you tube so didn't see the game. He did prefix his quote with Something like I'll need to be careful what I say so I took that to mean he was criticising us - perhaps wrongly in light of your comments
Thanks

The Bedlington Terrier
29-09-2016, 08:10 AM
What's with the Stanley Matthews shorts?

The Hornets could hardly run!