PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible referees take backhanders to throw games?

The Bedlington Terrier
02-10-2016, 08:49 PM
On today's evidence, I would say it's a certainty.:(

Norder
02-10-2016, 09:26 PM
^

or - is it impossible.... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVU6Twg2lg

one vid per message.

Norder
02-10-2016, 09:27 PM
part 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d16IfWm_IQ

;D

Primitive
02-10-2016, 10:10 PM
No

oldcolner
03-10-2016, 05:15 AM
On today's evidence, I would say it's a certainty.:(
Yes but if they did they wouldn't wait till the 94th minute to do so.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-10-2016, 07:13 AM
Pawson took it upon himself to award Arsenal three points. I am still absolutely livid.

sinkov
03-10-2016, 07:41 AM
Two seasons ago we played Hull in a fairly mundane encounter at Turf Moor, in the second half Mark Clattenberg suddenly started dishing out yellows for fun, six for us, four for Hull, and for no discernible reason. There were no bad tackles, no 'handbags, the game was being played in an amicable fashion between two teams who had no problem with each other, but Clattenberg suddenly saw
problems all over the park and in no time at all had 50% of the outfield players in his book. The Sky Sports report mentioned a 'late flurry' of bookings and left it at that, but it wasn't a flurry, it was a bloody avalanche.

But why, what was that all about ? In the context of that game it was totally unnecessary, it was as though he'd suddenly lost his head, but Clattenberg is rated one of the top referees in world football, never mind England, he should be one of the last to be throwing cards around like confetti for no apparent reason.

The only explanation I can think of is the yellow card betting market, you can bet on the number of yellows in a game, and some one could have made a killing had they known there were going to be so many. I really can't think of any other logical explanation for his apparent lunacy.

thedonz
03-10-2016, 05:17 PM
I do think some refs are favouring top teams. Without mentioning any names, other to say his name has been mentioned on this board, but there is a recent FA Cup Final when a big name club was playing a 'smaller ' club.

On two occasions the 'smaller' club should have been given advantage when clean through on goal. This big name ref pulled play back saving the big name club.

On one of the two occasions , the 'smaller' club scored. This would very likely have changed the outcome of the final.