PDA

View Full Version : Rooney and nine other England players in trouble

oldcolner
17-11-2016, 12:46 AM
Rooney pictured (with Jagielka and some back room staff under the influence as the gate crashed a wedding in England kit) out till 4.30 am after Scotland game.
Nine players to be disciplined. Has possibly undermined Southgates appointment.
Only hope our boys behaved!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2201211/up-to-ten-england-aces-face-fa-drinking-ban-probe-following-massive-booze-up-after-victory-over-scotland/

sinkov
17-11-2016, 08:49 AM
I never trust the Sun and I think they've got this wrong, after watching that shambolic display against Scotland I'm fairly sure this happened the night before the Scotland game, not after it.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Back in the day, four cars full of players would meet up about 11.00 at the Alma pub in Baxenden. Smash a quick three or four pints of Guinness down the neck and head off to Ribchester or wherever we were playing. Our veteran captain and centre half used to go to the half way circle with a fag in hand to do the pre-kick off hand shake and tossing of the the coin.
Those were the days! :D
Sad that Rooney is invited to a private party and then they expose him for having a few drinks. The Sun really should only be used for wiping your arse on! :(

Altobelli
17-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Aye the Sun is a rag and a law unto themselves, and so is Rooney and most other Footballers, Rooney a role model my arse.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-11-2016, 10:53 AM
I cannot understand why a professional footballer should be regarded as a role model.
Getting dragged up in Toxteth but being good at football does not guarantee the creation of a role model.
Joey Barton is yet another fine example!
Read this morning the FA are considering imposing curfews on their players whilst on international duty.
I am totally gobsmacked that an international footballer wants to go out and get rat arsed a couple of days before a big game.
Might explain why we are so s h i t?:confused:

map
17-11-2016, 10:58 AM
I understand that professional football players, international players, have to be "careful" about how they are portrayed in the media, but....how would anyone feel if every aspect of their life was scrutinised, ridiculed.
The thing that frustrates me is that some people seem to enjoy reading about such things..why ?
I just don't understand how an injury that prevents a person from playing football is also deemed as a sanction from continuing ones PRIVATE life ?
IF a player performs well on the pitch, that is all that should be required of them, doing their job.

Oldtimeram
17-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Gate crashing a wedding party should never be done....disgraceful behaviour :(

The Bedlington Terrier
17-11-2016, 12:00 PM
I heard about your exploits in Blackpool Oldtimer. People who live in glasshouses and all that...;D

Oldtimeram
17-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Yes very true lol

Bullard032
17-11-2016, 12:18 PM
I feel for Rooney, having a tough old time of it at the moment. His life has been under the microscope of ridicule since he was 18. Honestly wish we could boycott the likes of Sun and get that form of 'journalism' out of society.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-11-2016, 12:29 PM
It seems this is the way the English media play. Put a person on a pedestal and then take great pleasure in knocking the person off it.

I see they are now at it with Stevie Gerrard.

Rooney is not my cup of tea but give the lad a break?

Primitive
17-11-2016, 01:39 PM
I cannot understand why a professional footballer should be regarded as a role model.
Getting dragged up in Toxteth but being good at football does not guarantee the creation of a role model.
Joey Barton is yet another fine example!

Rooney isn't from Toxteth.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-11-2016, 02:25 PM
I was waxing lyrical Primitive, just saying that working class lads who happen to be good at footie should not be expected to deploy themselves as "role models". Andre Gray is another one that springs readily to mind.
Incidentally, where does Rooney originate from?

sinkov
17-11-2016, 08:27 PM
I have no sympathy for Rooney or any of them, they'd be forlorn if the media suddenly started ignoring them, and I doubt any of them give a monkey's what the papers say about them. And why should they, their agents will be rubbing their hands, more publicity = more money. All the hand-wringing and abject apologies are purely for show

These young men are earning such fabulous amounts of money they're totally impervious to criticism and I can understand why, pay me only one tenth of what Rooney earns and the Papparazi can come round every morning and snap me ******* naked having a dump. And I'd happily cook them breakfast afterwards.

Altobelli
17-11-2016, 10:10 PM
I have no sympathy for Rooney or any of them, they'd be forlorn if the media suddenly started ignoring them, and I doubt any of them give a monkey's what the papers say about them. And why should they, their agents will be rubbing their hands, more publicity = more money. All the hand-wringing and abject apologies are purely for show

These young men are earning such fabulous amounts of money they're totally impervious to criticism and I can understand why, pay me only one tenth of what Rooney earns and the Papparazi can come round every morning and snap me ******* naked having a dump. And I'd happily cook them breakfast afterwards.

Spot on sinkov, with the exception of letting them photo me having a dump.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-11-2016, 08:34 AM
The very thought of sinkov "being snapped ******* naked having a dump" has ruined any hope of me having a decent breakfast.>:(

oldcolner
18-11-2016, 03:56 PM
It's a pity Rooney had his England gear on, when he wears that he represents the country and that comes with some responsibility especially as he is the captain. He must/should know the rules. Less experienced players would follow his lead too. So far it's low key elsewhere so hopefully it dies away and everyone learns from it.

Altobelli
18-11-2016, 06:47 PM
I think its even more damning that Rooney had his England top on, wherever he is he represents England and Manchester United.

Not just the Sun but every paper going will run a story that put's anyone (especially a celebrity) in a bad light, its what sells newspapers and my thought's are that Rooney and people in his position who have no worries where money is concerned are always in the spotlight and being hounded by the press, public and watched literally 24/7 its a drawback that they have to deal with for that privilege.

I also don't think lessons will be learned, Footballers are in a different world, most don't give a sh!t about anything or anyone else, 100,000 + a week is obscene and they seem to easily forget what the majority of the man on the street has to do for his weekly wage of less that 0.5 % of a Footballers wage.

I think Rooney should be fined heavily by both England and Man Utd as IMO he has let both parties down, as well as himself, but does he care ? absolutely not.

thedonz
18-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Take the captaincy off Rooney and get rid of baggage like Jagielka from any squad representing our country. Not because of his drinking but because he is ****!