PDA

View Full Version : Where would you choose to live ?

map
04-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Assuming that you had a choice,,,,where, would you want to live ?

Turfmoorspirit
04-12-2016, 08:13 PM
Pakistan..

1959_60
04-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Very happy here in Morecambe Bay. Superlative scenery and a very friendly town with loads to do and see within easy reach.

If I had to move then it would be the far West of Scotland.

Altobelli
04-12-2016, 09:15 PM
South Africa.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Carmel.

alfinyalcabo
04-12-2016, 10:26 PM
A big mansion in the Lake District and one in the Alps as I love my walking..

Another_Yorkshire_Claret
04-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Canaries

Altobelli
04-12-2016, 11:12 PM
Assuming that you had a choice,,,,where, would you want to live ?

Am I assuming you'd choose China ?

sinkov
04-12-2016, 11:27 PM
Once of a day we intended retiring to somewhere near Kendal, handy for the Lakes and easy enough to get back down this way. Then we liked the North Norfolk coast but the prices went way out of reach. Now I'm perfectly happy where I am, near Clitheroe.

Norder
05-12-2016, 12:02 AM

Shangri-la.

....or maybe - Brigadoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igs5UGskGTc

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
05-12-2016, 07:38 AM
Once of a day we intended retiring to somewhere near Kendal, handy for the Lakes and easy enough to get back down this way. Then we liked the North Norfolk coast but the prices went way out of reach. Now I'm perfectly happy where I am, near Clitheroe.

Nice area that sinkov. We are strongly considering that location and have already got the feelers out.

map
05-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Am I assuming you'd choose China ?
I already have. I'll be going back this Wednesday :)

sinkov
05-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Nice area that sinkov. We are strongly considering that location and have already got the feelers out.

You have to be careful Tec, you could end up with a Blackburn Rovers player as a neighbour, lots of them live in this area, at least they did before their wages dropped.

Supersub6
05-12-2016, 09:48 AM
I chose to live on Northumberland over 28 years ago and I am quite happy to live in a house near a river whose mouth is just one mile from the coast. It's great up here.

Altobelli
05-12-2016, 09:50 AM

I'm pleased for you Map, wish I could vacate this sinking island myself but the wife wont leave.

Have a safe trip on Wednesday fella B)

barrie_burn
05-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Quite happy here in Cardiff but our favourite County is Dorset.So anywhere in the Weymouth/Lyme Regis area would be nice.Some people who choose abroad annoy me.First sign of health problems and they are back here for the NHS.

Altobelli
05-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Some people who choose abroad annoy me.First sign of health problems and they are back here for the NHS.

I'd make you right partially Barrie_Burn, the ex Mother & Father in law are ST Lucian and went back there to retire, always coming back here though for treatment.

Not so in a few Countries though, a brother in law in France says their NHS is first class, O.K. you have to pay for it but its better than ours.

Also in Turkey another place I would like to live has first class NHS, which I and my friends who live out there have had to use which puts our British NHS to shame with brighter cleaner Hospitals, no waiting times as such and staff who want to treat you and don't see you as a problem, Our own NHS is now the pits, its free which is fine, but waiting times are ridiculous, we cannot find enough Nurse's or Doctors, being in a Hospital on a ward is dreadful with food not fit for a dog, staff having too much to do and general hygiene is poor.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-12-2016, 02:58 PM

Good luck and keep in touch. I always enjoy your missives from the Far East. :D