PDA

View Full Version : Burnley fc prostate cancer lottery??

mrpotatohead
15-12-2016, 08:33 PM
I have just had a telephone call off a lady called Cath, saying she was from Burnley FC , asking me to join a weekly lottery to raise funds for a prostate cancer charity, I said I may be interested in joining a d she asked me for my bank details, has anyone on here heard anything about this or been approached?

Not keen on giving my bank details over the phone.

Norder
15-12-2016, 08:57 PM

there's seemingly a Catherine McCartney involved in Burnley FC girls/ladies....but to request your bank details is a big no-no....she would/should know that - so I would say was just another scammy chancer.

ring them and ask what the score is....they may know nothing.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/burnleyfcladies

:)

The Bedlington Terrier
16-12-2016, 08:37 AM
I have just had a telephone call off a lady called Cath, saying she was from Burnley FC , asking me to join a weekly lottery to raise funds for a prostate cancer charity, I said I may be interested in joining a d she asked me for my bank details, has anyone on here heard anything about this or been approached?

Not keen on giving my bank details over the phone.

Sounds dodgy to me but I will ask Dave Baldwin to shed some light on this. In the meantime, remain vigilant? :O

mrpotatohead
16-12-2016, 08:56 AM
I am going to contact the club, I kept her number, so I can pass it to them if it's a con, if it's genuine then I will apologise , feel bad having to go to these lengths when she could be a nice person doing good.

The Bedlington Terrier
16-12-2016, 08:59 AM
I am going to contact the club, I kept her number, so I can pass it to them if it's a con, if it's genuine then I will apologise , feel bad having to go to these lengths when she could be a nice person doing good.

Got to be on our toes these days mrpotatohead! Let me know what the club say please?

mrpotatohead
16-12-2016, 12:13 PM
spoke to a lady in the lottery dept. she told me that there is A lottery run by the foundation , but it's for youth development , not prostate cancer, and they would not ask for bank details over the phone, she's passing my details, plus ''Caths'' number to her boss to deal with and she will let me know their findings.

The Bedlington Terrier
16-12-2016, 01:10 PM
spoke to a lady in the lottery dept. she told me that there is A lottery run by the foundation , but it's for youth development , not prostate cancer, and they would not ask for bank details over the phone, she's passing my details, plus ''Caths'' number to her boss to deal with and she will let me know their findings.

Naughty trick and well spotted mrpotatohead and thank you for the warning! :?