PDA

View Full Version : Barton returns.

The Bedlington Terrier
20-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Joey is back until the summer with an option to renew in our favour.

The squad looks like it is in for a serious shake up. :?

Primitive
20-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Excellent news!

onechop82
20-12-2016, 05:32 PM
Joey is back until the summer with an option to renew in our favour.

The squad looks like it is in for a serious shake up. :?

I hope this aint an excuse for the board to not spend more money, even with Barton we need more he is just a stop gap! But i can see it now we FAIL to secure the players we wanted but o well we got joey. Merry xmas!

Deadlydave
20-12-2016, 05:33 PM
Well there is no shock in this move is there!! Where are or will we sign players with PACE. That to me is a key factor in this league. You need to have the fear factor that you can get behind opposition defences. I just hope we do add some more flair to the mix.

alfinyalcabo
20-12-2016, 05:34 PM
I thought I would never hear myself saying this,but it can only be good news..As long as he behaves..lol

Norder
20-12-2016, 08:08 PM

ok....another in reserve - now roll on Jan window.

:D

alfinyalcabo
20-12-2016, 08:45 PM
A million for the Juke,well that's Bartons contract easily paid for ,with money to spare in the bank..

thedonz
20-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Why Barton took the decision to leave us and go to Rangers only he knows.

He was great for us last season but decided to play in Scotland, a disappointing decision.

A complicated character, but one it seems many Burnley fans love.

For that reason I am going to be happy he has signed for the second half of the season.

Another_Yorkshire_Claret
20-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Welcome back JB

Now for some fast wingers in Jan, to replace Lowton & Boyd, so we can have a threat.

Even when you see a poor Merseyside derby, like last night... The game was played with more spirit from both sides, than we have shown all season.

AYC

Norder
20-12-2016, 10:05 PM

https://s23.postimg.org/9lvmk47mj/Barton_SD_NDR.jpg

:D

The Bedlington Terrier
21-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Welcome back JB

Now for some fast wingers in Jan, to replace Lowton & Boyd, so we can have a threat.

Even when you see a poor Merseyside derby, like last night... The game was played with more spirit from both sides, than we have shown all season.

AYC

I thought Everton were lucky to keep 11 on the pitch. That was not played in the spirit of the beautiful game. Everton tried to kick Liverpool back across Stanley Park. Glad the Reds won because they tried to play in the right way. Sounds a lot like us.

blueheeler1
21-12-2016, 12:14 AM
Excellent news!

Bit of a no-brainier actually.

Proven
Adds value
No transfer fee
Great back-up or cameo role

moving on----

The Bedlington Terrier
21-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Bit of a no-brainier actually.

Proven
Adds value
No transfer fee
Great back-up or cameo role

moving on----

Yes, I mentioned it elsewhere, Joey has not become a bad player since last May! :rolleyes:

Another_Yorkshire_Claret
21-12-2016, 02:10 PM
I thought Everton were lucky to keep 11 on the pitch. That was not played in the spirit of the beautiful game. Everton tried to kick Liverpool back across Stanley Park. Glad the Reds won because they tried to play in the right way. Sounds a lot like us.

Point I was trying to make was:
That both sides played with a tenacity that we don't. Irregardless of what should have been a red card, & the fouls. Sure Pool deserved their victory.

AYC

oldcolner
30-12-2016, 10:41 PM
Sounds like Sean agrees as he seems to be saying it's likely we will sign him