PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On Saturday's Derby Game Guy's

animallittle3
22-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Always eagerly anticipated affairs and I'm fully expecting a tough game and to come away with anything we will have to be at our very best , I take fully on board the respective league positions but your home form's picked up and who knows how many of our top players may leave this week , its a south yorkshire derby to boot .

A shame we haven't as many tickets as we would like , the 2.5k went in days but it is what it is and besides all that lets not get all wendy about it .

I'm tipping a draw myself for what it's worth , which is about as much use to both clubs as a drum kit was for Ann Frank , but that's how both clubs roll if history is your barometer .

rolymiller
22-01-2017, 02:29 PM
3-1 to you lot. Kirks burgered, Newell will probably be out., Ward will be knacked or gone. We are unlikely to have any new recruits either. The only thing I ask of teams beating us now is to at least use their win as a stepping stone to overtake the pigs and stop em getting up.

Casper64Frank
22-01-2017, 02:45 PM
We concede on average 2 goals per game & only score 1 goal per game so it has the hallmarks of another home defeat.
We`re low on numbers, Joe Newell had to pull out just before kick off yesterday, Broadfoot has gone for the rest of the season.
We may have to play 4-5-1 with just the young lad Yates up front just to stifle your lot.If Danny Ward is anywhere near fit I would play Ward / Yates up front and go for it.

In a nutshell we are shafted.

Still looking forward to the match.....it`s games like this that make you wish we could survive.

animallittle3
22-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Our defence can be got at , individually they are fine but its still to come together as a unit for me , we do offer teams chances , whether they take them is another matter of course .

The plus side for us is that we are very good going forward , we create chances galore , if we get a grip on midfield we can over power teams as Leeds found out last night , pace in abundance and these young lads are the fittest I've ever seen in a red shirt .

As I say we do offer teams opportunities , first goal could well decide the outcome on saturday .

Yak
22-01-2017, 03:11 PM
It's a defeat for us we just haven't got the quality in the team.
We don't have any pace in the team.

PeteWaller
22-01-2017, 04:00 PM
It's another defeat in all probability but I would go with 3 5 2. We know we are gonna concede. Does it really matter if we concede 7 or 8, our GD is mashed anyway. So let's just try and score more than them. Would be good to watch.;D

animallittle3
22-01-2017, 04:07 PM
It's another defeat in all probability but I would go with 3 5 2. We know we are gonna concede. Does it really matter if we concede 7 or 8, our GD is mashed anyway. So let's just try and score more than them. Would be good to watch.;D

That's probably the smart move Pete , try and get at us and a couple of early goals .

jolly_roger
22-01-2017, 04:56 PM
On a Barnsley related note, I have a relative that lives in Barnsley, her son aged 7 is a big fan and for Christmas she bought him a replica Barnsley shirt with his favourite players name on the back. It cost about 50 quid all together.

Kid was delighted with it for a few days but it all ended in tears. The shirt had the name Winnall on the back, the kid is devastated and bursts into tears every time his mum gets it out got him to wear.

animallittle3
22-01-2017, 05:19 PM
On a Barnsley related note, I have a relative that lives in Barnsley, her son aged 7 is a big fan and for Christmas she bought him a replica Barnsley shirt with his favourite players name on the back. It cost about 50 quid all together.

Kid was delighted with it for a few days but it all ended in tears. The shirt had the name Winnall on the back, the kid is devastated and bursts into tears every time his mum gets it out got him to wear.

We were all gutted mate to be honest , especially going where he did , we've seen him come to us from Sc unthorpe as a raw forward and he's grown with the club .

However we move on and there's nothing we can do , Hourihane's departure will hurt us far more , totally irreplaceable , captain and everything we do well he's at the heart of it , big blow if he goes this week .

hotun
22-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Good job we didnt sign Tony Watt and walking round with shirts with T Watt on the back

gwru
22-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Does anyone watch snooker. Couldn't stand him, still can't Hendry said there's no friends when opponents.

Poster what you doing here. This is a RUFC site.

Cause we can beat them. There defence is sh*t.

Get 2 or 3 players in that will improve us. All games rest of the season go for it. Nothing to lose.

PeteWaller
22-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Does anyone watch snooker. Couldn't stand him, still can't Hendry said there's no friends when opponents.

Get 2 or 3 players in that will improve us. All games rest of the season go for it. Nothing to lose.

Ignore him animallittle3, he's upset that Vaulks isn't a championship player

a123
22-01-2017, 06:20 PM

When are you going to get it nobody is coming in.

TS has waved the white flag, he just hasn't got the balls to tell us fans as he take us for granted and thinks we are stupid!!

CAMiller
22-01-2017, 06:35 PM
My thoughts on Saturday's game show what a difference 5 months can make in football. Back at the start of the season, and no disrespect to Barnsley, I'd say with you as a newly promoted side 99.9% of Millers would have looked at the January 28th fixture as a 3 point banker in our quest for mid-table security. Now? With what you have done this season and what we have done (have we actually done anything?) I'd say as a realist we'd be lucky to escape with 0 points on Saturday. Naturally though the blind optimist in us all will be expecting 3 points and at 4:55 we'll be gutted as usual XD

animallittle3
22-01-2017, 07:14 PM
My thoughts on Saturday's game show what a difference 5 months can make in football. Back at the start of the season, and no disrespect to Barnsley, I'd say with you as a newly promoted side 99.9% of Millers would have looked at the January 28th fixture as a 3 point banker in our quest for mid-table security. Now? With what you have done this season and what we have done (have we actually done anything?) I'd say as a realist we'd be lucky to escape with 0 points on Saturday. Naturally though the blind optimist in us all will be expecting 3 points and at 4:55 we'll be gutted as usual XD

We dont do the pre match favourites gig very well never have , the cup defeat surprised nobody over here , we'd have done better had we played Brighton or Bournemouth than Blackpool .

mellowmiller
22-01-2017, 08:46 PM

Don't you live in a parallel universe?
Nobody who is any good will be coming in.
Get used to it

sawmiller
22-01-2017, 09:05 PM
We dont do the pre match favourites gig very well never have , the cup defeat surprised nobody over here , we'd have done better had we played Brighton or Bournemouth than Blackpool .

Think Barnsley will win - in fact, cannot see past this outcome. Given our recent injuries, time to recall Thorpe and help us prepare for L1 next year?

Agree, we won't see anymore incomings now

jolly_roger
22-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Good job we didnt sign Tony Watt and walking round with shirts with T Watt on the back

Could be worse, could be Blackstock.

animallittle3
22-01-2017, 10:11 PM
The early 80's are where this derby was at , too very good teams very much on the up at the time and a very keen rivalry to say the least , the interweb in those days would have being lively !!!!

No bloody silly ticket allocations in those days guys and both grounds were packed to the rafters .

Monkey46
22-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Another 4.0 tykes me thinks, we're absolutely shyte!!

tony260674
22-01-2017, 11:06 PM
The early 80's are where this derby was at , too very good teams very much on the up at the time and a very keen rivalry to say the least , the interweb in those days would have being lively !!!!

No bloody silly ticket allocations in those days guys and both grounds were packed to the rafters .

I remember the 1-0 win over your lot at Millmoor. Your fans had an assist on our goal as someone threw a smokebomb onto the pitch just before John Seasman notched. 18500 with about 5000 coming over.

rileyev.the.third
22-01-2017, 11:19 PM
I sat on the wall at the front of the enclosure at Millmoor as a kid when Barnsley hammered us.

Must have been 8000 Tarn in Millmoor that day.

There won't be 8000 this time but I fear a similar result tbh!!

Animal, you're more than welcome to post on here pal and I'm made up Barnsley are doing so well.

Ellis_D
29-01-2017, 05:49 PM
Animal seems alright to me. He comes on and talks football not utter sh!te like that DeeDar creatin Ben Haddon.

JohnLeedsMiller
29-01-2017, 10:21 PM
I remember the 1-0 win over your lot at Millmoor. Your fans had an assist on our goal as someone threw a smokebomb onto the pitch just before John Seasman notched. 18500 with about 5000 coming over.

I remember that game as well. Great header from Seasman. It was the 'big match' highlights on ITV if I remember right. In the last few minutes Ronnie Moore held the ball up in the corner and there I was sat on the wall with my dad behind me. Would love to see that footage again.

tony260674
29-01-2017, 11:02 PM
I remember that game as well. Great header from Seasman. It was the 'big match' highlights on ITV if I remember right. In the last few minutes Ronnie Moore held the ball up in the corner and there I was sat on the wall with my dad behind me. Would love to see that footage again.

Also the last time we beat the buggers!!