PDA

View Full Version : Carlton Morris

leedsmiller
31-01-2017, 02:35 PM
21 year old striker signed on loan from Norwich (I haven't seen it on Official site, topsy :))

BigLadonOS
31-01-2017, 02:48 PM
If true then only here for backup purposes.

bogsdollox
31-01-2017, 02:55 PM
thirty two appearance 8 goals - all for Hamilton in the Toy Town League

sawmiller
31-01-2017, 03:01 PM
If true then only here for backup purposes.

yes, doesn't sound like the answer to our frontline issues, but useful to have as cover/backup

millers88
31-01-2017, 03:02 PM
He better not get more of a looking than Jerry Yates, would rather we develop our own young talent than somebody eles. Permanent signings please now otherwise a disappointing window again imo.

millertop
31-01-2017, 03:07 PM
21 year old striker signed on loan from Norwich (I haven't seen it on Official site, topsy :))

Another loan :mad:

I love our club helping other club Youngsters develope NOT
Yes I can see he likes to score goals too :mad:

Back up? Why ? we've been playing enough games without a striker so what's point in that when we now have Yates ?

Get a Manager in

BigLadonOS
31-01-2017, 03:09 PM
He better not get more of a looking than Jerry Yates, would rather we develop our own young talent than somebody eles. Permanent signings please now otherwise a disappointing window again imo.

Jerry Yates is twice the player this kid is but we do need back up if we don't get a striker in.

Can't think your been serious about it being a disappointing window though because I think Warny and the club have done very well so far.

rolymiller
31-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Oh me bogey obviously not coming then.

This Morris is a big burger at least http://www.canaries.co.uk/team/player-profile/carlton-morris/30 least.

leedsmiller
31-01-2017, 03:16 PM
At least there's a pattern, young, strong, with first team experience who could possibly be signed in the summer. And don't forget where we are, both in the league and in terms of needing to rebuild and develop. A couple more permanent signings before deadline hour might shift the balance of opinion.

millers88
31-01-2017, 03:21 PM
Jerry Yates is twice the player this kid is but we do need back up if we don't get a striker in.

Can't think your been serious about it being a disappointing window though because I think Warny and the club have done very well so far.

If Purrington turns out to be the only permanent signing then its a disappointing window imo, although Purrington is a great signing we need more permanent signings if we're planning for next season already.

A load of loans are no good to us now unless they're top quality to get us out the mess but they're just all youngsters who are nowhere near developed so the only clubs benefiting from that are the parent clubs and not us.

rolymiller
31-01-2017, 03:22 PM
If we can get a decent permanent preferably right back in now i will be more than happy.

Pocket rocket
31-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Armstrong is a loan and scored on Saturday.

What if he turns out to be ok and wants to sign??

disappointing window why ??

caytonmiller
Two of the loans contracts are up in the summer. Good way for both club and player to take a look

rolymiller
Still nowt ont OS yet about this wonder if theres gonna be a double whammy?

BigLadonOS
31-01-2017, 03:25 PM
If Purrington turns out to be the only permanent signing then its a disappointing window imo, although Purrington is a great signing we need more permanent signings if we're planning for next season already.

A load of loans are no good to us now unless they're top quality to get us out the mess but they're just all youngsters who are nowhere near developed so the only clubs benefiting from that are the parent clubs and not us.

I partly agree with you but the loans of young players might just be for the reason of seeing them play close up (so kind off a trial) with the option to buy if we like them.

Seems like good business to me.

millertop
31-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Armstrong is a loan and scored on Saturday.

What if he turns out to be ok and wants to sign??

disappointing window why ??

Are you being serious with that comment?
Armstrong scored 20 goals in 40 games before they took him, I'd say that's a big difference from Morris

I'd rather him be more than ok if we were looking to sign him permanent.

Pocket rocket
31-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Ffs my point is what's wrong with a loan signing ??

who had heard of grant Ward until he came ??

Just give someone a chance ffs I don't know what's wrong with you millertop your an intelligent poster just give the players a chance and Warne.

UTM

jolly_roger
31-01-2017, 04:21 PM
Loans got us in this mess in the first place.

So we get a loaner and he plays well then two things happen
1. His transfer fee goes up
2. We've put him in the shop window and somebody else buys him.

Pocket rocket
31-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Yes loads of loans causes problems but unless anyone hasn't noticed we're at the bottom of the league. A couple of loans for us to have a look at them is not a disaster.

Would anyone be concerned if they play well and we sign em??

Yak
31-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Ferking. Moan moan moan some on here.

millertop
31-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Ffs my point is what's wrong with a loan signing ??

who had heard of grant Ward until he came ??

Just give someone a chance ffs I don't know what's wrong with you millertop your an intelligent poster just give the players a chance and Warne.

UTM

Bad choice to make your point.
I support every player at our club when they do their job on the pitch, he will get my support if he's here I've no issue with that but the club is fetching a youngster who hasn't scored many, yes he might turn out to be good and bag goals but he won't stay here if that happens will he so pointless

At least go down with a fight ffs.

Anyway I'm off to Forest soon so I'll take my anger out on Simon Hooper tonight's ref ;D

gwru
31-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Carlton Morris like look of him. Loan what's it matter. TS is the man. We're working to a budget. What did it cost to get shut of Stubbs + his cronies? Blackstock is here pinching a wage.

If we sign someone else like it to be perm' Jordon Willis?

millertop
31-01-2017, 04:38 PM
Ferking. Moan moan moan some on here.

Transfer final day get to you XD

millertop
31-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Carlton Morris like look of him. Loan what's it matter. TS is the man. We're working to a budget. What did it cost to get shut of Stubbs + his cronies? Blackstock is here pinching a wage.

Rumoured that we are struggling with personal terms (if we are in for Willis)

Yak
31-01-2017, 04:39 PM
See you at forest millertop. 😂

millertop
31-01-2017, 04:42 PM
See you at forest millertop. ��

You'll know who I am if the Ref makes a bad decision;D

BigLadonOS
31-01-2017, 04:42 PM

Jordon Willis is strong and has some pace but it's the other stuff that lets him down. He is one of those "I'll play well if I feel like it" type of players but more often than not he does not feel like it lol.

millertop
31-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Jordon Willis is strong and has some pace but it's the other stuff that lets him down. He is one of those "I'll play well if I feel like it" type of players but more often than not he does not feel like it lol.

No comment ;)

millers88
31-01-2017, 04:51 PM
I partly agree with you but the loans of young players might just be for the reason of seeing them play close up (so kind off a trial) with the option to buy if we like them.

Seems like good business to me.

Fair enough if its a reason we're loaning so we can have a look at them closely for a permanent transfer at the end of the season but the problem with that is if they don't perform we don't buy, they do perform then the parent club will want to keep. The only chance we have of signing them permanently is if they don't perform too good but not too bad either.

BigLadonOS
31-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Fair enough if its a reason we're loaning so we can have a look at them closely for a permanent transfer at the end of the season but the problem with that is if they don't perform we don't buy, they do perform then the parent club will want to keep. The only chance we have of signing them permanently is if they don't perform too good but not too bad either.

If we have signed them as cover and the parent club know this we might not have to play them at all in the 1st team but still get a chance to look at them in reserves etc. They might even get a game or 2 in the first team but judging a player on 2 or 3 1st team games is almost impossible even for the parent club. This way we get a better idea of what a player can do by seeing them every day in training etc. Knowing their character etc is sometimes more important.

syracuse
31-01-2017, 05:30 PM
On O/S now, signed till end of the season.

jolly_roger
31-01-2017, 05:36 PM
Which Moan is it we're loaning?

Arfur Moan or Ivor Bigge-Moan?

hotun
31-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Who was that masked man was it the loan aranger

rolymiller
31-01-2017, 05:54 PM
“The best way to explain his game is like a young Revs [Alex Revell],” interim manager Paul Warne told www.themillers.co.uk

“He’s really mobile, direct and he wants to get a goal. He can play in a three up front or a two and he's even led the line on his own.

Off O/S

fc_miller
31-01-2017, 08:19 PM
If he plays well and scores goals, his price might go up and the parent club might want to keep.
But hopefully it means we have won some points. Given where we are in the league it's hard to bring in a striker who wants to play for us. We could sign a player on a permanent deal on good wages, 3 year deal and he doesn't perform...mmm let me think!

millertop
02-03-2017, 12:34 PM
He's signed a new contract with Norwich until 2020.

Still not here? Seriously forget about it Warney

sawmiller
02-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Agree, don't see the point at all. We are all but down, how would this help us for next season? Might keep our physios in work though!

gwru
02-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Ball can't play for us rest of the season he's registered with Peterbora. Would think Morris is registered with us till end of the season.

jolly_roger
02-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Same question twice, who is paying Ball's wages and ditto Morris's ??

I hope the answer isn't us in both cases.

caytonmiller
02-03-2017, 06:55 PM
dont worry about morris. he will be here next week...

PerigordMiller
02-03-2017, 06:57 PM
You would think there must be some sort of agreement over a season-long loan next season ?
Otherwise what's the point of coming here to get fit ?

Casper64Frank
02-03-2017, 07:19 PM
You would think there must be some sort of agreement over a season-long loan next season ?
Otherwise what's the point of coming here to get fit ?

Hi Peri, like cayton says he will be here Moday all being well. The intention is to take a look at him in training / games. If he can do a job for us in League 1 then our Manager will sign him on a season long loan, that is if Carlton enjoys his time with us and doesn`t get abused by some sections of the crowd at NYS. :O

jolly_roger
02-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Hi Peri, like cayton says he will be here Moday all being well. The intention is to take a look at him in training / games. If he can do a job for us in League 1 then our Manager will sign him on a season long loan, that is if Carlton enjoys his time with us and doesn`t get abused by some sections of the crowd at NYS. :O

How tall is he?

Got to be under 5 foot 9 inches so he can stand up in the training facilities

millertop
02-03-2017, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=caytonmiller;38453101]dont worry about morris. he will be here next week...[/QUOTE

He's been coming here next week since Jan 31st

Casper64Frank
02-03-2017, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=caytonmiller;38453101]dont worry about morris. he will be here next week...[/QUOTE

He's been coming here next week since Jan 31st

Stop being so negative topsy, take some happy pills or summat...O:)

He was hardly coming to the club with an injury, Norwich wouldn`t allow it...O:)

millertop
02-03-2017, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=millertop;38453154]

Stop being so negative topsy, take some happy pills or summat...O:)

He was hardly coming to the club with an injury, Norwich wouldn`t allow it...O:)

Unless there's an agreement in writing he'll be put in shop window for other clubs (if he's good) so won't be here next season so the point is?

Casper64Frank
02-03-2017, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Casper64Frank;38453164]

Unless there's an agreement in writing he'll be put in shop window for other clubs (if he's good) so won't be here next season so the point is?

You don`t know whether he will be here or not, neither do I, it will be down to Carlton Morris.
He was playing up in Scotland in 2015 / 2016 for Hamilton.
Chill out & relax O:) if he comes to us all well & good if he doesn`t we will have to look elsewhere.

He may well be pushing for a start at Norwich next season...who knows.

Yak
02-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Maybe the new manager has requested he comes to us??

Ericsladkilnhurst
03-03-2017, 11:01 AM
How tall is he?

Got to be under 5 foot 9 inches so he can stand up in the training facilities

If he's under 5 foot 9 inches will he be a Morris Minor, & Warney got him from Auto Trader.