PDA

View Full Version : We need a manager in now and Warney has to go back to being a Fitness Coach

PeteWaller
01-02-2017, 10:21 AM
I am afraid that there are no good managers/players out there, willing to embrace the setup here. Yes we have a nice new modern stadium but managers and players don't buy into that sort of thing alone. They want great training facilities (Yes!!) they spend a lot of time there so it needs to be conducive to bringing out the best in players. Having to leave the portacabin to lift weights above your head says everything about the club. Potential managers and players need to see an infrastructure that they understand and can buy into. Managers need a decent budget and in the case of players, good wages. They all need the prospect of a bright future to enhance their own reputations and value. The club would benefit if they embraced these notions.

Can anyone explain where any of those things are present? Moan moan moan moan moan. Correct, I am moaning because there is absolutely nothing to be pleased about. We the fans have been mugged.

Agree with others, we have to have a manager in and soon. Warney has done his best but it is woefully short of anything good. Paul, go back to the day job and let TS and the board do what they are supposed to do............... please. Helping him out in a time of embarrassing uncertainty is not helping the fans out. We don't understand the position he is now taking with the club - apart from apparently letting it sink immeasurably into the depths of despair.

Resign as manager and go back to being a fitness coach. Try and keep some of our squad fit enough to play a game of football. Has anyone noticed how many more injuries we have been having since Warney became manager?

Thanks for giving the lads a confidence boost and for improving morale but it's not good enough. It's not your fault so let those that should, go and sort out their mess

kempo
01-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Of course you are correct but TS seems to not understand those points which are fairly basic.

Warney has done nothing that suggests he can manage at this level but we have him.

That must leave us short in the fitness area.

Facilities for players are an utter joke and need investment.

I do not understand what's going on at the club but Tony will no doubt tell us when his throat improves.

We seem to have no desire to move forward with no viable plan iin place.

I bet we go to Poland again pre season!!?..27.50 return via Easyjet!

millertop
01-02-2017, 10:49 AM
I never wanted him and will never want him to be manager, understand him helping out at short notice but to carry on until end of season was/is a big mistake.

Warney should stand up and tell TS to get a move on with the new manager who needs to see how our players perform in games before we end the season so he knows what he needs to do in the summer.

Concourse is a great height for the weights ;)

Did he eventually shake hands with Heckingbottom when he finished warming players up and handing bottles out before KO?

kempo
01-02-2017, 10:52 AM
I am very very confident in TS's ability to choose a manager.

Funnily enough I saw Kenny J in a restaurant recently.

Does anyone know why he wears a gag?

gm_gm
01-02-2017, 11:24 AM
We dont need another manager now....its silly and pointless to think we do !

Its like the passengers on the titanic asking for a change of captain as its sinking!

"why dont we try and buy more lifeboats?" ...because its too fecking late and the ships sinking too fecking quickly

PeteWaller
01-02-2017, 11:43 AM
We dont need another manager now....its silly and pointless to think we do !

Its like the passengers on the titanic asking for a change of captain as its sinking!

"why dont we try and buy more lifeboats?" ...because its too fecking late and the ships sinking too fecking quickly

Easy to say that. So what do you propose GM. Quick with the one liners but why would you prefer to see a fitness coach continue to run a team that will be relegated. Get a new manager in now and let him see for himself what we have got. Or more to the point what we haven't.

As for the titanic - would you board the Titanic knowing it would sink? No you wouldn't so why would you renew your season ticket?

PeteWaller
01-02-2017, 11:46 AM
And whilst we are at it. It is now 11:45 as I type. The silence from the club over the perennial transfer disaster is deafening. As always BS and more BS. The club doesn't deserve a fan base.

gwru
01-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Warney is a top bloke but not a manager. Got to keep him at the club.

Kari Arnason would be my choice.

We need a right back, Kelly was past it when he came to the club. Not another 30 something.

Proper left sided player, D Ward with Morris up front. Frecks if fit back for Smallwood.

hotun
01-02-2017, 12:07 PM
would make sense to me to appoint RM till the end of the season just as an interim appointment give us time to find the right man if he does ok you can review the position.Tinhat is on ready for it.

gwru
01-02-2017, 01:12 PM
May as well keep Warney as get RM. Want next seasons manager in.

millertop
01-02-2017, 01:26 PM
And whilst we are at it. It is now 11:45 as I type. The silence from the club over the perennial transfer disaster is deafening. As always BS and more BS. The club doesn't deserve a fan base.

13:23 I calmed down but thought it was a good idea to look on official site to see if there's any statement about transfers but no I'm taking deep breaths now XD

lbj
01-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Sorry - Ronnie Moor is a canny manager and would be better than Warney....

But....

We need a full-time manager who is hungry for his own career so proud of his job and will put the hours / miles in that OUR manager needs to do....

RM did do it in the past but I'm sure his "intensity" wIll be a jot relaxed now....and I don't blame him.....he's been there - done that - and has all that he 'T' shirts - including the famous......

👆 - 👌

Ericsladkilnhurst
01-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Could be waiting for Mick McCarthy after Ipswich lost at home 0 - 3

gwru
01-02-2017, 01:52 PM

Going to say that. Can't be long for MM at Ipswich. Wouldn't mind.

millertop
01-02-2017, 01:59 PM

I've been saying TS is waiting for him all along but would he want to come here? I hope so but I'd take anyone who has experience as a manager except Stubbs (just to piss lbj off ;) )
I'd be happy with the Lincoln manager Danny Cowley aswell

lbj
01-02-2017, 02:05 PM
TS waiting game to see what's what.

Mr Millwall would have been the straw that broke the chairman's back!

Poor lad - Saved the club - put millions into the club - takes s##t from all and sundry.....

Don't blame TS for taking a step back and buying time.....Doing "nothing" is often the very best course of action !

Supported Warney with these half decent kids.....but is this league....playing expansive football is ....oooooo !

Go to U-tube.....search...."f#@$@#g Bruges"

Press play.......

This is a reaction to KJ leaving !

gm_gm
01-02-2017, 02:35 PM
We do need a manager for next season.

Have you lot tried flogging life assurance policies to dead people, some of these posts are mind boggling

millertop
01-02-2017, 03:29 PM
The clubs not dead just moving down, I'm sure there's managers capable of knowing this and can manage a L1 club with ambition to come back up.
Ambition ? XD you might be right after all gmgm

PeteWaller
01-02-2017, 03:58 PM
There is one man that would come - Paul Hurst. Gerrim in

mellowmiller
01-02-2017, 04:00 PM
Do people seriously think Mick McCarthy with no money to spend at Ipswich would come to Rotherham with no money to spend?
I've said on another post that TS should go for the Cowley brothers from Lincoln.
If he did that, I would start to believe there might be a chance we could see some serious rebuilding.

dmentor
01-02-2017, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=mellowmiller;38420548]Do people seriously think Mick McCarthy with no money to spend at Ipswich would come to Rotherham with no money to spend?
I've said on another post that TS should go for the Cowley brothers from Lincoln.
If he did that, I would start to believe there might be a chance we could see some serious rebuilding.[/QUOT
We can but dream mm.

lbj
01-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Miller / gm / peter....ignore button is as wonderful as noisy neighbours that leave...

NO chance of young Mick here....an established championship club will ease him into their club somehow....

mellowmiller
01-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Miller / gm / peter....ignore button is as wonderful as noisy neighbours that leave...

NO chance of young Mick here....an established championship club will ease him into their club somehow....

To be honest lbj I wouldn't be surprised if Mick McCarthy retires when he eventually gets the bullet at Ipswich.

kentmillerman
01-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Have to agree mellow. Mick M looks tired.

kentmillerman
01-02-2017, 05:22 PM
If he did that, I would start to believe there might be a chance we could see some serious rebuilding.[/QUOT
We can but dream mm.[/QUOTE]

Its a good idea dmentor, but don't they have day jobs? IE teachers.

frogmiller
01-02-2017, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=mellowmiller;38420548]Do people seriously think Mick McCarthy with no money to spend at Ipswich would come to Rotherham with no money to spend?
We can but dream mm.

We have Paul and Barry waiting for the nod!

lbj
01-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Merlot....that's mellow but more refined RED......lol...soz....I always laugh at my own jokes cos I get them.......ok - only one....

Good call....he's not short of a bit of brass is he.....but can you see him with the Mrs 24 / 7....but it's moving house at his age too.....mind you Mrs might like to see the back of him.....

lbj
01-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Paul & Barry Chuckle ?

....if these are the Cowley Bro's...you might have well have Hurst and he was not considered....

Love the thought of those two setting the world on fire.....but ......who knows....but if we get them - give them time to settle in - find the toilets and let their characters flourish.....they might do things differently to what others understand.

gwru
01-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Going to throw a name into the ring. Nathan Jones on the upward slope. Want someone to sort it out. Wilson, Dawson, Kelly & Blackstock 1st to go.

MILLERSTALE
01-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Going to throw a name into the ring. Nathan Jones on the upward slope. Want someone to sort it out. Wilson, Dawson, Kelly & Blackstock 1st to go.

You make it sound so easy , but, they all have contracts ! Wilson and Kelly will leave at the end of June and possibly Dawson but we would have to pay Blackstock off.

Furthermore I am fed up with people saying TC put his money into the club, NO WAY, he borrowed money against his business, got grants and loans and the club has paid him every penny back! To him it's a business adventure, I admire him for his efforts and foresight but in many ways he his just a more upmarket KEN Booth.

Presently he has reached a crossroads and quickly will need to decide which way to turn !!