PDA

View Full Version : Bristol City Post Match Thoughts

CAMiller
04-02-2017, 04:53 PM
The only positive thing is that's one more game closer to the end of the season.

Thoughts?

millertop
04-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Pointless

mellowmiller
04-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Quite a few of us thought we had a chance of getting something today but in the end it was the same old story.
I think this was the day the music finally died.
May can't come quickly enough 😕

millers88
04-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Just shows how bad we are when Bristol City haven't won a league game in 9 matches and soon as they play us it's a win. Burton didn't win an away game until they played us and surprise they get their first away win.

Can't wait for this season to end it's been an absolute disgrace.

millermanic
04-02-2017, 05:17 PM
TS should hang his head. In all respects, the manner in which this season has been managed from pre season to date has been truly shambolic.

rolymiller
04-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Well this has to be the worst away record any M illers side has had. I cant remember anything remotely as bad in 50 years of watching the Millers. And yet I dont think its just the defence we are also piss poor in attack and dont take our chances. We give at least one sloppy goal away every match and its happened again. Even Accrington Stanley would have got more points away from home in the championship if they had used their present squad. I am glad we are not in Division 2 now because we would be facing non league next year.

gwru
04-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Only one thing that can make this season not get any worse that's if by some way we can get shut of Blackstock. But have we got anyone up to speed to do it. Not Paul Douglas he's said in the tizer last week what a good signing Blackstock was + we beat other clubs to sign him. If I was chairman I'd be inconsolable paying Blackstocks wages every week & someone would have to carry the can.

KerrAvon
04-02-2017, 05:47 PM
Ajayi looked decent.

jolly_roger
04-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Did you go Kerr?

KerrAvon
04-02-2017, 06:06 PM
No. I guessed.

kentmillerman
04-02-2017, 06:07 PM
No. I guessed.

;D. Great reply.

lbj
04-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Roly - what a truly fascinating statement that is !

"I am glad we are not in Division 2 now because we would be facing non league next year."

I need a drink.....

...........break out the good stuff !

jolly_roger
04-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Nothing new there then.

kentmillerman
04-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Ibj, or rather IBS. What is your point please. :O

Casper64Frank
04-02-2017, 06:12 PM
Inept performance. Can't remember their keeper having a save to make.
Positives / highlights Ajayi and Ben Purrington.
Can't wait to be spoonfed more crap v Blackburn.
Roll on May.

Yak
04-02-2017, 06:14 PM
On way back the problem is we're not set up to win we're set up to survive.
Not blaming anyone we're just not good enough with very little quality.

Bristol city weren't much better at all but you just knew they would score at some point.

Too depressed to go through individual performances but the bottom line is it's another defeat.

UTM

PeteWaller
04-02-2017, 06:18 PM
On way back the problem is we're not set up to win we're set up to survive.
Not blaming anyone we're just not good enough with very little quality.

Bristol city weren't much better at all but you just knew they would score at some point.

Too depressed to go through individual performances but the bottom line is it's another defeat.

UTM

Just glad I didn't go. Nothing else to add. I have said all that needs to be said. Roll on May as others have sadly said. It's crap being a Miller at the mo.

lbj
04-02-2017, 06:21 PM
"lbj"......I get enough flack without mistaken identity.....lol

PeteWaller
04-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Warney says "
“It was a game of few chances. People will think it’s the same old story but I have to be honest I don’t think we deserved to lose. I think a point would have been a fair result. No-team ripped the other side apart."

Not about who deserves, it's about winning Warney.

Get a manager in please ................

Lolmorgan
04-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Just glad I didn't go. Nothing else to add. I have said all that needs to be said. Roll on May as others have sadly said. It's crap being a Miller at the mo.
Pete to be honest at this moment I can't see any thing to make me believe that it will be any better next season.We will perhaps have the usual crap of we will get the right manager to take us forward we will break the transfer record just to sell season tickets then,you've got it,do Feck all.

lbj
04-02-2017, 06:27 PM
If you are referring to moi.......

Do I have to explain why Roly's statement about being in league 2 is - shall we say....... "special" !

PeteWaller
04-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Pete to be honest at this moment I can't see any thing to make me believe that it will be any better next season.We will perhaps have the usual crap of we will get the right manager to take us forward we will break the transfer record just to sell season tickets then,you've got it,do Feck all.

Yeah............. unfortunately you are probably right mate. I really don't know what to say that's not been said. Tough times. I am a Miller and always have been so I guess I have felt this low before. I just cannot remember feeling as low as this. Cannot see an end to it at present and I am shocked that so little comes out of our club. I am getting used to that though now. Shambles the lot of em.

dmentor
04-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Just shows how bad we are when Bristol City haven't won a league game in 9 matches and soon as they play us it's a win. Burton didn't win an away game until they played us and surprise they get their first away win.

Can't wait for this season to end it's been an absolute disgrace.

That signalled the end for me,when a side in the bottom four does the double over us,that said it all and just showed what a poor team we are.

mellowmiller
04-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Yeah............. unfortunately you are probably right mate. I really don't know what to say that's not been said. Tough times. I am a Miller and always have been so I guess I have felt this low before. I just cannot remember feeling as low as this. Cannot see an end to it at present and I am shocked that so little comes out of our club. I am getting used to that though now. Shambles the lot of em.

Pete, there's no doubt we've had bad times before and in the days of the Purshouses and Booths we didn't expect much in the way of communication about what was going on at the club.
But this is the 21st century and things should be different now. When things were going well Tony Stewart was all over the media like a rash but in these difficult times he's nowhere to be seen and that's pi $$ poor.
Where is the leadership for crying out loud?
Another sad aspect about our demise is the lack of fight. We have taken only one away point from a possible 48 and that's utterly pathetic. I may be wrong but, in 60 years of supporting the Millers, I can't remember us having such a woeful away record.
Anyway, it's all over now regardless of the mathematical possibilities, and I guess the powers that be will just let things stumble along until the end of the season and then we will get the usual platitudes about being competitive in League 1.
You can fool some of the people some of the time but.........😠

Archiemiller
04-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Yes its very sad,its like going to a funeral week in week out and cant see us getting another 11pts to overall Blackpools all time low points tally.>:(

Acido
04-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Did any of you try to smack the slimebag Lee Johnson in the face today ?
I dont know what it is, but hes just got an extremely slappable face :D
I hope he & Bristol go down this season but I think they will be just too good for that.

rolymiller
04-02-2017, 10:13 PM
i dunno Acido they only beat us 1-0 but I agree he does appear to be a jumped up little sh it.

Casper64Frank
04-02-2017, 11:52 PM
Bristol City were there for the taking...but not by us. City fans were booing their own team right up to the winning goal going in.
I've spent almost 70 attending this game, the least our club can do is reimburse the 210 away supporters the cost of the entrance fee.

U.T.M. C64F

Monkey46
05-02-2017, 01:07 AM
Shouldn't have gone Casp they are not worthy mate.

Acido
05-02-2017, 01:15 AM
i dunno Acido they only beat us 1-0 but I agree he does appear to be a jumped up little sh it.

Ohh yes Roly, hes a total slimebag who is heading for the dole queue soon because Bristol City spent a lot on him and they surely expected better than this.
And its a year ago to the day that he left us for Bristol City by the way, but Im not one to keep grudges ;)

ScudTheMiller
05-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Acido, do you think you guys would be in the excellent position that you find yourselves in now had Johnson stayed at Barnsley?
I personally don't think you would so him jumping ship maybe was the catalyst to the great run you have been on since.
It's very refreshing to see Barnsley up where they are mixing it with teams that are "massive" and have spent ridiculous amounts of money. Keep it up . Would love to see you in the playoffs come May

Acido
05-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Acido, do you think you guys would be in the excellent position that you find yourselves in now had Johnson stayed at Barnsley?
I personally don't think you would so him jumping ship maybe was the catalyst to the great run you have been on since.
It's very refreshing to see Barnsley up where they are mixing it with teams that are "massive" and have spent ridiculous amounts of money. Keep it up . Would love to see you in the playoffs come May

Tahh Scud, its always good to hear that from other fans.
No I don't think we would have done as well if he'd stayed with us, so his departure was a good thing really and we've got Hecky now who is of course 'one of our own' :)
Bristol City also paid us compensation for taking Johnson off our hands, so we gained both ways really. Its just annoying that he left at a bad time, immediately after we'd earned a place at Wembley.