PDA

View Full Version : Total embarrassment

ClaretinBudapest
18-02-2017, 01:33 PM
95 minutes of absolute rubbish.Somebody take André Gray down to the opticians.

Altobelli
18-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Spot on Budapest, and what is going to really p!ss me off is Dyche probably giving Lincoln more credit than they deserve along with all the other Sh!te head football pundits on TV.

ImTopMan
18-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Even Rovers would have beat them.

Rovers are currently laughing at you.

nutsinmay
18-02-2017, 01:46 PM
I'm not a Dyche hater by any means, but this is a classic example of his limitations. We were worse in the second half than we were in the first.

Lincoln played to their strengths and we got drawn into a slugging match, pumping long balls and trying to battle it out with them. The technical shortcomings of some of our players (notably Gray and Arfield) were there to behold.

As Altobelli said, Dyche will big Lincoln up and completely overlook our dire display. He'll make it sound like it was an even contest, and actually it was - you wouldn't have known who were the non-league side.

ClaretinBudapest
18-02-2017, 02:02 PM
We were bullied around the pitch,second to nearly every ball,no creativity and goal threat was non existent.The finishing was laughable.Notably all our big money signings were not playing.Strength in depth is a phrase that springs to mind.We will never hear the last of this.

alfinyalcabo
18-02-2017, 02:07 PM
Got to hand it to Lincoln ,they did their homework and ive no complaints about being beat by them.. My complaint is why did we play the long ball all the game .. Laughing stocks of football now

CaspertheClaret
18-02-2017, 02:11 PM
They did what they said they were going to do. they out Burnleyed Burnley.

It's not a great shock and fair play to them. They did a job and in the same way that we have been against the glamour pusses of this world they brought us down to their level. We let them.

Deadlydave
18-02-2017, 02:28 PM
This is one of the few occasions I have felt embarrassed to be a claret. Tactically poor and with little creativity or vision. This needs to be addressed. I think we need too amongst other things buy a quality striker in the summer if we are still in premier league. Gray misses too many chance for me and that wont do long term in Premier league I am afraid. Don't get me started on why we are playing long balls so much and surrendering possession!!!

Norder
18-02-2017, 02:29 PM

Seabiscuit :D

enjoyed the dog walk....lovely day.

Now we can get back to the real Fun.

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i363/scooterr98/Icons/170422_dancing_banana.gif

claretstrevor
18-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Just like watching Wimbledon game again totel crap.

onechop82
18-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Poor display by most we looked nothing like the usually reliable team that turns up! Which we just didnt turn up today. It could be a few reasons 1) we never took lincoln seriously which i think is arrogant and disrespectful from us 2) The players that he fielded i.e FRINGE players just aint good enough. Or a combo of both which i think is more likely to be the case. That in itself do we think we are the finished article? If so we are in danger of believing we are better than we are. We didnt play to our strengths and got punished for it. Dyche needs to grip that dressing room after that it was aweful.

onechop82
18-02-2017, 03:03 PM
I'm not a Dyche hater by any means, but this is a classic example of his limitations. We were worse in the second half than we were in the first.

Lincoln played to their strengths and we got drawn into a slugging match, pumping long balls and trying to battle it out with them. The technical shortcomings of some of our players (notably Gray and Arfield) were there to behold.

As Altobelli said, Dyche will big Lincoln up and completely overlook our dire display. He'll make it sound like it was an even contest, and actually it was - you wouldn't have known who were the non-league side.

And i think your right Dyche will try to avoid saying we where crap and say lincoln played their hearts out. They didnt it was the fact we where aweful and to be fair probably should have lost by a bigger margin.

Norder
18-02-2017, 03:30 PM
And i think your right Dyche will try to avoid saying we where crap and say lincoln played their hearts out. They didnt it was the fact we where aweful and to be fair probably should have lost by a bigger margin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJSmr1OupSE

;D

nutsinmay
18-02-2017, 04:53 PM
Predictable from Dyche - said we were poor right at the start, but quickly moved on to how great Lincoln were, as if it had been a PL game.

oldcolner
18-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Well we will be first on MOTD be all over the media and have another record with our name on it!!
Were we beaten by our goal line technology - had it been at Lincoln they wouldn't have had that.

Getting involved in dust ups is not our style nor is feigning being punched. Can we appeal against Joeys yellow as that was Flanagan.

onechop82
18-02-2017, 05:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJSmr1OupSE

;D

He did admit yes we where poor. And that was it lol! Moved on to lincoln where good and lets not forget its the FA cup! But we need to move on now we cant change anything now. Just hope confidence isnt knocked today after that kick in the teeth at they end.

onechop82
18-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Well we will be first on MOTD be all over the media and have another record with our name on it!!
Were we beaten by our goal line technology - had it been at Lincoln they wouldn't have had that.

Getting involved in dust ups is not our style nor is feigning being punched. Can we appeal against Joeys yellow as that was Flanagan.

I know the first time we get on first for the wrong reasons lol. Barton was shocking today i was pissed off with his exploits today. Diving in my eyes is something we dont do and today barton was doing it. Unfortunately iceman got injured just hope its not bad. And im glad flanno pushed the lad over because Barton looked like he had burnt his fuse and was gonna punch or nut the lad who grabbed him. It could have been alot worse if Barton had exploded.

Acido
18-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Spot on Budapest, and what is going to really p!ss me off is Dyche probably giving Lincoln more credit than they deserve along with all the other Sh!te head football pundits on TV.

Thats a little bit harsh isn't it Alto.
One thing thats missing these days is hearing managers like Dyche and/or players give genuine credit where its deserved.
Yes the pundits and neutrals will have a field day with result for some years to come, its what the Fa cup is about of course.

outwoodclaret
18-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Well lightning does strike twice. Has anyone been unfortunate enough to bag the unwanted double by being on the Turf for Wimbledon and Lincoln?

ClaretinBudapest
18-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Well lightning does strike twice. Has anyone been unfortunate enough to bag the unwanted double by being on the Turf for Wimbledon and Lincoln?

I was on the Turf when we got done by Wimbledon-that was bad enough.

alfinyalcabo
18-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Thats a little bit harsh isn't it Alto.
One thing thats missing these days is hearing managers like Dyche and/or players give genuine credit where its deserved.
Yes the pundits and neutrals will have a field day with result for some years to come, its what the Fa cup is about of course.

I have to agree with you Acido,Lincoln deserved all the credit they got as they really did do a job on a Burnley..TBF to Alto I don't think he saw the game live ..

Supersub6
18-02-2017, 07:10 PM
All part and parcel of supporting the Clarets and no surprise to me and my two mates who sit together and have clocked up 199 years of experiencing the ups and downs.
Put it all in perspective -- on Tuesday you will see that Lincoln are playing North Ferriby which is just on the outskirts of Hull, next Saturday the Clarets are also in that neighbourhood, however, Lincoln will still be playing in the Conference and we will still be playing in the PL.
By the way, in answer to a question further up the post -- the three of us were present at the Wimbledon match too.

oldcolner
18-02-2017, 07:41 PM
We should be gracious in defeat and wish them well. Tomorrow is another day and now it's all back on staying up as high in the table as possible.

Norder
18-02-2017, 07:52 PM
We should be gracious in defeat and wish them well. Tomorrow is another day and now it's all back on staying up as high in the table as possible.

.....too true Colner :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-OoIvgtuzs

:D

Turfmoorspirit
18-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Even Rovers would have beat them.

Rovers are currently laughing at you. Who gives a phuck ? Kightley, say no more.. onwards and downwards cringworthy cnuts..

Acido
18-02-2017, 10:41 PM
I have to agree with you Acido, Lincoln deserved all the credit they got as they really did do a job on a Burnley. TBF to Alto I don't think he saw the game live..

I know what you mean Alf (and yes we do joke about it of course on other boards), but why on earth does this sort of thing happen eh ?
Why do non league teams (like Lincoln for example) play out of their skins in these big Fa cup ties, but they don't play anywhere as well when it comes to teams in their own league and to winning promotion etc ? :O

oldcolner
18-02-2017, 11:03 PM
It seems on MOTD that the corner they scored from was actually a goal kick so they got a bit of luck. :?
I thought they also got a few decisions in their favour, one when Keane was being held down in their penalty area but stuck his hand up - they got a free kick. Rhead was all over Joey and Tarks a few times but rarely penalised.
I saw Darikwa got a foot on the ball that I thought Muldoon should have scored. I think he played very well in attack and defence.
big question for me was how their centre half got a free header from the corner by backing away and no one tracking him so he could set up the winner.
Need to look at that Sean.

oldcolner
18-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Norder
Good one
Didn't she lose her mind in real life though??

Norder
18-02-2017, 11:28 PM
Norder
Good one
Didn't she lose her mind in real life though??

I didnt' know....so asked Mrs Norder.....apparently, she was a depressive but....then she was married to Olivier - so could have been misdiagnosed.

;D