PDA

View Full Version : Spurs want striker

oldcolner
02-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Andre for Spurs?
This article suggests they asked last year and were quoted 30M but hope to get him on the cheap in summer with only one year left on his contract.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/01/after-30m-asking-price-last-summer-spurs-have-been-smart-to-dela/

Better get Daniel into action soon.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-03-2017, 09:34 AM
I do not understand how we constantly allow players to get into a final year contract stage. Bonkers to me!

james78
02-03-2017, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't listen to paper babble , one year left on deals makes agents go crazy on the old stirring up bull *#+# :P

Altobelli
02-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Personally I hope he goes Colner, in the Championship he was scoring for fun, the Premier seems one step too far.

I know he has had his trouble with twitter or whatever medium it was and the ongoing news about his new bit of fluff, but he's been with us for a while now and still IMO he's not good enough.

nutsinmay
02-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Personally I hope he goes Colner, in the Championship he was scoring for fun, the Premier seems one step too far.

I know he has had his trouble with twitter or whatever medium it was and the ongoing news about his new bit of fluff, but he's been with us for a while now and still IMO he's not good enough.

I agree - I think we can do better.

Having said that, he played a ***** part in getting us where we are.

Norder
02-03-2017, 11:13 AM
I agree - I think we can do better.

Having said that, he played a ***** part in getting us where we are.

Just like Coyle.....got us to the Prem and dumps us....Gray - dripping with goals in the Champ but fails to show for us in the PL.

Gray the Judas.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/yellow-hd/mean-devil-smiley-emoticon.gif ;D:D

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2017, 11:16 AM
I'm at a loss with Andre,sometimes he looks pure class ,then other times he looks like a proper amateur player..I'm still not giving up on him and I expect if he's given the service on Saturday he will show us he can finish properly.. B)

The Bedlington Terrier
02-03-2017, 11:55 AM
I sometimes wonder if SD should give Gray the freedom to play that Wenger gives Sanchez?

He looks like he is in a straightjacket instead of being allowed to hunt the ball and look for spaces.

I'm sure SD knows what he is doing but he certainly is not getting the best out of Gray.

Pace wise, he has the beating of 90% of EPL defenders but he is just not firing on all cylinders.

Not sure if his confidence is shot or he is spending too much time in the Night Clubs but something is wrong!

In Dyche We Trust
02-03-2017, 12:27 PM
A striker knocking on Southgate's door- if he goes, SD thinks he isn't good enough, but what ready replacements are there that fits into SD's thinking?

oldcolner
02-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Perhaps he's in the mix a bit too much. His first touch isn't always the best, but yes he is fast and we don't use that as much as we might.
More seriously I'm not sure he links well with Barnes and they are two individuals looking to shoot even if the other is in a better position. He does better with Sam often getting flick ons to chase from Tom and they look for each other as they did against Liverpool.

I doubt he has ever been worth 30M but if that's the offer I'm surprised we didn't take it.

james78
02-03-2017, 03:13 PM
I have to agree with you on the partnership oldcolner , most definitely. Gray does partner Vokes better than say Barnes just as you mention. My view Vokes is the better hold up player to partner Gray up top , which gives amny more options for Gray i.e. running in behind and getting on the end of flicks. hopefully with Barnes out suspended that this puts this/your theory into at least a brace for Gray on Saturday. :D

sinkov
02-03-2017, 04:38 PM
It's to be hoped he finds a bit of form, if he continues like he is, never mind 30m, we'll be lucky to get our money back on him.

suttonclaret
02-03-2017, 04:45 PM
It's to be hoped he finds a bit of form, if he continues like he is, never mind 30m, we'll be lucky to get our money back on him.

I agree.his first touch is belm as well.

Altobelli
02-03-2017, 05:19 PM
I agree.his first touch is belm as well.

Hey Sutton, how did your sailing go ?

thedonz
02-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Sanchez , Andre Gray most definitely isn't.

Gray has no tricks in his locker and creates nothing in tight spaces.This isn't his fault and no amount of coaching will change that.

I think he is slowly adapting to the Premier League but needs more consistency on his first touch and better composure in the box. If he could repeat the first touch he
showed from Westwood's pass against Hull then I would think he's getting somewhere.

He powered that shot wide and has done the same in other games. I remember him hitting a clear goal scoring shot away to Spurs straight at the goalkeeper .

It's easy to be over critical and i suppose putting away those kind of chances would have brought more points. But we need to be patient with him because everybody acknowledges the great step up he has made in such a short space of time.

I suspect he will want to leave for a more established Premier League club at the first opportunity . So I just think , get as many goals for us as you can before the end of the season, and goodbye.

oldcolner
02-03-2017, 09:31 PM
I do not understand how we constantly allow players to get into a final year contract stage. Bonkers to me!

The players might have decided to leave and if so there is no way they will engage in new contract discussions or maybe we are holding off to see which league we are in before making offers, Danny was in the former group, as was Kieran with his low buy out clause value. I suspect Keane may be going that way, possibly Andre falls into the second group. Bit like a game of chess.

Supersub6
03-03-2017, 01:08 PM
I am always amazed at the amount of stick that Andre takes because he is very much still learning and adjusting to life at the top level.
People talk about Jamie Vardy and his record, however, Andre stands up very well in comparison.

Vardy, aged 30, is in his 3rd season in the PL and spent 2 seasons in the Championsip with Leicester. He made 63 appearances in the Championsihp and scored 20 goals. He has made 96 appearances in the PL and scored 36 goals. His first season in the PL he scored 5 goals in 37 appearances followed by last season when he had a purple patch scoring 24 goals in 36 appearances. This season he has scored 7 in 23 appearances.

Andre, aged 25, is in his 1st season in the PL and also spent 2 seasons in the Championship with Brentford and the Clarets. He made 90 appearances and scored 42 goals. Up to now this season, he has made 20 PL appearances which, because of his ban, have been split into two parts and he has scored 6 goals.

He has improved this season and, although some fans have accused him of not trying, which I think is way off the mark, he just need that bit more composure and I think that he will score more goals. His movement has improved and the criticism of his being offside a lot must be tempered by the fact that he is obviously encouraged to start in an offside position with no intention of going for the first ball which is usually attacked by Vokes or Barnes. Unfortunately, they do not always make contact and Andre just plays to his instinct and goes for the ball which means he is offside.
As the team continues to improve, I feel that Andre would benefit from another season with us, however, time will tell.

suttonclaret
03-03-2017, 01:48 PM
hi alto. not sailing for pleasure. more of a work thing .north sea was not a nice place to be last week

alfinyalcabo
03-03-2017, 01:56 PM
I am always amazed at the amount of stick that Andre takes because he is very much still learning and adjusting to life at the top level.
People talk about Jamie Vardy and his record, however, Andre stands up very well in comparison.

Vardy, aged 30, is in his 3rd season in the PL and spent 2 seasons in the Championsip with Leicester. He made 63 appearances in the Championsihp and scored 20 goals. He has made 96 appearances in the PL and scored 36 goals. His first season in the PL he scored 5 goals in 37 appearances followed by last season when he had a purple patch scoring 24 goals in 36 appearances. This season he has scored 7 in 23 appearances.

Andre, aged 25, is in his 1st season in the PL and also spent 2 seasons in the Championship with Brentford and the Clarets. He made 90 appearances and scored 42 goals. Up to now this season, he has made 20 PL appearances which, because of his ban, have been split into two parts and he has scored 6 goals.

He has improved this season and, although some fans have accused him of not trying, which I think is way off the mark, he just need that bit more composure and I think that he will score more goals. His movement has improved and the criticism of his being offside a lot must be tempered by the fact that he is obviously encouraged to start in an offside position with no intention of going for the first ball which is usually attacked by Vokes or Barnes. Unfortunately, they do not always make contact and Andre just plays to his instinct and goes for the ball which means he is offside.
As the team continues to improve, I feel that Andre would benefit from another season with us, however, time will tell.

Spot on Ashy,no doubt Andre will be the bees knees again if he scored the winner tomorrow..

nutsinmay
04-03-2017, 12:45 PM
There are some things you can learn and some things that come naturally. Some people have a lot of manual dexterity, and some are all fingers and thumbs.

I think if Andre was able to improve his first touch, he'd have done it by now. It's a question of eye/foot co-ordination, and I don't think he's got it.

Altobelli
04-03-2017, 01:01 PM
hi alto. not sailing for pleasure. more of a work thing .north sea was not a nice place to be last week

It was ruff inland so I wouldn't of liked to have been in the North Sea, Oil Rig ?

oldcolner
04-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Looks like Andre wants to leave.
No progress with negotiations for a new contract

Several clubs have shown an interest, with West Ham, Southampton, Stoke and Championship promotion chasers Newcastle all sure to be in the running when the next window opens.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/string-clubs-andre-gray-transfer-9965650

The Bedlington Terrier
05-03-2017, 09:37 AM
http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/pointless-clueless-travel-sick-clarets-fail-again/8439595/