PDA

View Full Version : Labour leaders

oldcolner
21-03-2017, 06:09 AM
Tom Watson setting up another civil war with the unions and Jeremy is giving Theresa the chance to go to country and wipe many Labour MPs out. Is Blair behind this I wonder, he's certainly been trying to raise his profile.

james78
21-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Tom Watson setting up another civil war with the unions and Jeremy is giving Theresa the chance to go to country and wipe many Labour MPs out. Is Blair behind this I wonder, he's certainly been trying to raise his profile.

I hope so , I kind o like tony Blair did and probably would do a lot for those who are in much need and experiencing the poverty line. Labour party gone backwards since he left the party , just a shame he had to back America in the gulf war scenario!!

oldcolner
21-03-2017, 12:58 PM
I hope so , I kind o like tony Blair did and probably would do a lot for those who are in much need and experiencing the poverty line. Labour party gone backwards since he left the party , just a shame he had to back America in the gulf war scenario!!

The problem is Labour MPs don't support the leader who is now elected by the membership since Milliband changed the rules (in the past the MPs had a major say in who became leader) so they have to get rid of the leader but the members want Jeremy so it's at an impasse. Jeremy suffers Tom Watson as his deputy to keep the party together and Blairites in the fold. Looks like Tom is trying to get Jeremy out again. All this means Labour have few clear policies.

It's a bit like in Scotland where Nicola doesn't want an early referendum but the membership is mostly independence Mad so she is having to go with them in a move that could put her out of her job. One can only hope!!

The Bedlington Terrier
21-03-2017, 03:43 PM
The Labour Party is goosed. No trade union power, no front bench, poor back bench and a rubbish Leader who really is politically impotent.

The Tories must be laughing their whatsits off!

I'm an active Labour Party member and we can't even beat this...