View Full Version : Formula 1 season starts Sunday

oldcolner
22-03-2017, 06:24 AM
In Melbourne with testing starting Thursday
No Rosberg
No Bernie
Ferrari looking faster than Mercedes
Bottas now with Hamilton.
Who do you tip for top three and World Champ.

The Bedlington Terrier
22-03-2017, 06:48 AM
1. Hamilton.
2. Vettel.
3. Alonso.

Mercedes for the Championship.

alfinyalcabo
22-03-2017, 07:45 AM
OC..For me I'm afraid F1 is more boring than Rugby Yawnion, the only time it's interesting is when there is a massive crash at high speed apart from that it's only good for relieving a stiff neck watching them go round in circles..Another case of overpaid people in sport..If you can call it a sport ...

The Bedlington Terrier
22-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Once did three laps as a passenger in a BMW M5 with Roger Clarke at the wheel. :O Jesus Alf, Motorsport is phooking amazing.

The Bedlington Terrier
22-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention it was at Brands Hatch and Clarke had never drove at F1 level. Awesome! :D

james78
22-03-2017, 10:24 AM
I will say 2 teams in with a shout, Ferrari and Mercedes , Hamilton says he thinks Ferrari are holding back on some speed. anyways it should be a lot more closer and exciting given the new cars being faster like they were before the hybrids came in. Can't wait but I'm having a few quid on Bottas for world champ , can't wait , roll on wknd!! :D

nutsinmay
22-03-2017, 10:58 AM
I'm less interested than I used to be.

Nowadays, if the driver on pole gets into the first corner in the lead, it tends to be a procession, not a race.

alfinyalcabo
22-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Once did three laps as a passenger in a BMW M5 with Roger Clarke at the wheel. :O Jesus Alf, Motorsport is phooking amazing.

No it isn't it's Phookin boring.. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes and watch paint dry...My son loves F1 and I have this very same argument with him every year..Each to his own..:D

Norder
22-03-2017, 11:36 AM

....these motors won't even start or run.....without a very complicated Computer programme controlling there every move from beginning to race end....they run at the edge - a tip either way and it's over.
So I guess...whoever has the most perfect programme managing those high precision parts wins....Technology wins.
Oh - then there's the driver.

;D

Supersub6
22-03-2017, 11:52 AM
No it isn't it's Phookin boring.. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes and watch paint dry...My son loves F1 and I have this very same argument with him every year..Each to his own..:D

You'd be more interested it they did it in campervans chasing an oval shaped ball around! You're just hard to please :P

alfinyalcabo
22-03-2017, 11:58 AM
You'd be more interested it they did it in campervans chasing an oval shaped ball around! You're just hard to please :P

TBH Ashy,I have camped on many a rugby Yawnion pitch/ ground down south during summer.. It helps to pay for their Ra Ra parties involved the clubhouse :P .Had a pint with many of the southern softees after they have been training and managed to educate quite a few of them about a Rugby League.. In fact most of them watch superleague and say they prefer to watch league rather than Yawnion.. Lol

Supersub6
22-03-2017, 12:09 PM
TBH Ashy,I have camped on many a rugby Yawnion pitch/ ground down south during summer.. It helps to pay for their Ra Ra parties involved the clubhouse :P .Had a pint with many of the southern softees after they have been training and managed to educate quite a few of them about a Rugby League.. In fact most of them watch superleague and say they prefer to watch league rather than Yawnion.. Lol

Aye, alf, education is a wonderful thing!! lol

james78
23-03-2017, 10:51 AM
I'm less interested than I used to be.

Nowadays, if the driver on pole gets into the first corner in the lead, it tends to be a procession, not a race.

Should be a lot more exciting this year nuts with Bernie gone and the new cars being like 4 seconds a lap faster , there will be at st 2-3 teams jostling for podiums in 2017 and the middle pack much improved too. just a shame McLaren seen to be going backwards with their Honda engine unless the engine deal with Mercedes can be sorted , not sure they be with Honda much longer , reliability and power issues again all winter testing!! :O

oldcolner
25-03-2017, 07:11 AM
It's looking good for some close racing with Vettel being fastest in final practice but then Lewis Hamilton winning pole position by 0.268 seconds as Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel came second.

He pipped Hamilton's team-mate Valtteri Bottas by just 0.025secs as the new era of faster, more demanding cars got off to a promising start.

Kimi Raikkonen took fourth ahead of Red Bull's Max Verstappen.

oldcolner
26-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Vettel wins by 10 seconds after Hamilton pits early due to tyre wear and gets stuck behind Vertappen for 4 laps. Bottas comes third 1.3 seconds behind and Raikkonen fourth 12 seconds later.
Ferrari look faster say the pundits.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Should be a great season of motor racing, now that Ferrari have got their s h i t together! :D