PDA

View Full Version : Donzy's Spurs match preview...

The Bedlington Terrier
28-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Donzy's take on the Spurs visit...

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/burnley-out-to-create-a-spurs-set-back/8533645/

Turfmoorspirit
28-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Great stuff Donz ! B)

thedonz
28-03-2017, 10:48 PM
Cheers TMS, let's hope there's plenty of chaos around the Turf on Saturday .

I know we are enjoying this spell of good weather but hope it's cold, wet and windy come 3pm . They don't like it !

alfinyalcabo
29-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Another good review Donz .. Seen some greet games against Spurs over the years and hopefully another one this Saturday with us getting something out of it..

alfinyalcabo
29-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Cheers TMS, let's hope there's plenty of chaos around the Turf on Saturday .

I know we are enjoying this spell of good weather but hope it's cold, wet and windy come 3pm . They don't like it !

its a decent forecast for Saturday's game ..:(

thedonz
29-03-2017, 08:24 PM
We'll have to settle for the away team dressing room getting to them .

Been some great tussles down the year alf , as a kid I remember the Mike England/Andy Lochhead clashes. The 3-0 home Carling Cup semi final stands out as does the 4-1 cup win at White Hart Land .

And of course there was the FA Cup Final.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Can we realistically beat Tottenham?

Don't be daft BT, course we can! :D

oldcolner
30-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Looks like Scotty is Ok as he did an Express interview and an injury wasn't mentioned.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/clarets/arfield-relishing-spurs-turf-visit-1-8465073

thedonz
30-03-2017, 11:15 AM
That's more good news before the game.

Is BT talking to himself?

james78
30-03-2017, 11:56 AM
I sure hope we can achieve a result in this game , every game now is even bigger than the last. an old cliché comes to mind Saturday with the saying it's almost like a cup final feeling for me as my heart sways a win for Burnley against this spurs side will most certainly feel like a cup final win come 5pm Saturday after bagging 3 points , but then theirs always that niggling thought in the mind that always casts doubt that we can do so again against such a fine team like spurs at the moment. all I know come tea time Saturday I shall have no finger nails left but will still love the clarets just as much no matter what the result may be. :s

The Bedlington Terrier
30-03-2017, 01:52 PM
That's more good news before the game.

Is BT talking to himself?

Afraid so donzy. Now as I was saying... :D

Norder
30-03-2017, 04:51 PM
It is however, a confident Spurs team currently lying second in the Premier League table. Spurs' charismatic manager Claudio Pochettino declared before the international break, his side were in a "fantastic position" in the Premier League.

they're sat in second...looks like it's all over but can keep winning in the hope Chelsea make a slip - so for them this match means more than playing Burnley....theres the title. - on the other side......we have our home record and still aren't fully in the clear so - need the win.
If Tom and the defence can keep the ball out....we have a chance, but with our severe lack of quality in attack and finish... fear is if they score a couple...we'll have no response. Need quality all over the field in this game...sure we can do it.

;D

1959_60
31-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Great stuff again Donzy!

This one is too close to call.

But if the lads have been fed on raw meat all week and the whole of the crowd are up for it then we will win.

thedonz
31-03-2017, 08:57 PM
You feel that everyone of our lads will need to be on the top of their game to get anything out of it. The crowd will play a big part.