PDA

View Full Version : Smallwood on his Millers future

Paul_Davis_(Millers_
16-04-2017, 11:05 AM
http://bit.ly/2ppppFm

sawmiller
16-04-2017, 11:16 AM
I like Richie's attitude and application - think he could do well for us next season as he helped us get promotion last time. One of those players that perhaps isn't noticed much in the side, but I think we are more likely to notice when he isn't

kempo
16-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Only player that can tackle.

Had a great game on Saturday.

Breaks up the opposition play and would give the ball to a creative player if we had one.

An absolute must sign for me.

millmoormagic
16-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Strangely enough i agree with the 'doc'....

djsld
16-04-2017, 11:56 AM

Breaks up the opposition play and would give the ball to a creative player if we had one.

Never thought ud say it, but I actually agree with Kempo.... :(:(

Give Smalls a new contract, he is well experienced, especially in league 1. Just look at how he was performing whilst on loan at Scum Thorpe.

He's served this club like a true professional and it's the least he deserves.

Pattylallacks2
16-04-2017, 11:59 AM
We should hang on to him. He will come in handy when we're in Division 2

gwru
16-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Got to admit I've knocked him but Friday he won me over. Give him a 2 year deal. Get a box to box midfielder at the side of him will help. I'd try to sign Adeyemi. Might have a chance cause he's not fully fit at the moment. Might put other clubs off. Get JCH new contract sorted ASAP.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
16-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Ye he's another that we'd be daft not to sign him up. What kempo says above. Still can't believe that clown Stubbs sent him out on loan after he took out Brentford's danger player and won him his only game.

sCORaFU
16-04-2017, 12:25 PM

Played great on Friday well.

Agree 100% with everything else K

sCORaFU
16-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Ye he's another that we'd be daft not to sign him up. What kempo says above. Still can't believe that clown Stubbs sent him out on loan after he took out Brentford's danger player and won him his only game.

He let him go o because he's a clown. Will now eagerly await response from you know who.

mellowmiller
16-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Got to admit I've knocked him but Friday he won me over. Give him a 2 year deal. Get a box to box midfielder at the side of him will help. I'd try to sign Adeyemi. Might have a chance cause he's not fully fit at the moment. Might put other clubs off. Get JCH new contract sorted ASAP.

I agree with the point about a box to box midfielder to play alongside Smallwood because that would give him options he doesn't currently have.
A few people on here criticise Richie by saying he rarely passes forward but if you watch him, he nearly always wins the ball back for his team and looks to go forward but we rarely have a midfielder showing for the ball which means his only options are sideways or back to get things moving again. So don't blame Richie, blame those who are not as committed to the cause as he is.
Smallwood is an absolute must for a 2 or 3 year contract in my opinion.

millmoormagic
16-04-2017, 03:25 PM
I agree with the point about a box to box midfielder to play alongside Smallwood because that would give him options he doesn't currently have.
A few people on here criticise Richie by saying he rarely passes forward but if you watch him, he nearly always wins the ball back for his team and looks to go forward but we rarely have a midfielder showing for the ball which means his only options are sideways or back to get things moving again. So don't blame Richie, blame those who are not as committed to the cause as he is.
Smallwood is an absolute must for a 2 or 3 year contract in my opinion.

I agree, he's very good at recycling the ball, whether that's due to as you say to lack of options up front or just his style of trying to keep the ball moving and in our possession.

rolymiller
16-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Think he has had a few off games since he came back but Fridays game reminded us that he is one of the few players with bite in our midfield which we will need next season. I would certainly aim to keep him as part of the squad at least. Don't think he would cost the earth and is a good, loyal club man who will give his best.

mikemiller
16-04-2017, 10:53 PM
He'd probably be ok a division down. but we need to improve him- he's giving away too many fouls on the edge of our penalty area, and he doesn't pass or run forward enough. His limitations are glaringly obvious - a decent manager or coach could improve those faults - is Warney (or whoever) capable of doing that?

millmoormagic
17-04-2017, 04:51 AM
He'd probably be ok a division down. but we need to improve him- he's giving away too many fouls on the edge of our penalty area, and he doesn't pass or run forward enough. His limitations are glaringly obvious - a decent manager or coach could improve those faults - is Warney (or whoever) capable of doing that?

That's all well and good Mike, but it's like saying that Messi's coach needs him to brush up on his defending and tackling skills, Richie does what he's good at.