PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Ake

sinkov
26-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Bournemouth paid Chelsea 20m for him. He's having a mare against City, caught out for the first goal, at least Tarko got close enough to get a tackle in last week, Ake didn't. Lucky to get away with a yellow after losing possesion, it was a blatant trip after a schoolboy error, and a clear red. Then an atrocious pass gave the ball away but he got away with that as well. Three errors in 30 minutes, all much worse than anything Tarko's got wrong since he arrived from Brentford, but some of our fans moan about him. FFS !!

The Bedlington Terrier
26-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Which fans moan about The Otter? ;D

sinkov
26-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Not for me to name and shame BT, they know who they are, don't you.

Ake dropped another ******* in the second half, hacked at a clearance, missed it, and gave City another chance, they missed that one as well. If Ake is a 20m defender then Tarko is worth 40m, and I jest not, he's twice the player Ake is.

The Bedlington Terrier
27-08-2017, 03:42 AM
Be interesting to see how Mee and Tarkowski deal with Harry Kane and Deli Alli today?

Honestly sinkov, your appreciation of Tarkowski's potential is heart warming - I hope he lives up to your high expectations. :)

sinkov
27-08-2017, 07:03 AM
My expectations also includes him making mistakes BT, so I think I'm being realistic. It's the ones who are moaning at every little error that have the high expectations, too high imo. On this thread I'm simply pointing out that they all make them, and a more highly rated young defender than Tarko made a shedload in just one game yesterday. Good job the lad doesn't play for us. Or maybe he's being shredded on the Bournemouth forums at this very moment, I wouldn't know.

The Bedlington Terrier
27-08-2017, 07:39 AM
My expectations also includes him making mistakes BT, so I think I'm being realistic. It's the ones who are moaning at every little error that have the high expectations, too high imo. On this thread I'm simply pointing out that they all make them, and a more highly rated young defender than Tarko made a shedload in just one game yesterday. Good job the lad doesn't play for us. Or maybe he's being shredded on the Bournemouth forums at this very moment, I wouldn't know.

All I'm hoping for is SD and Billy Mercer have been concentrating on Tom Heaton doing the pantomime thing and shouting to Tarkowski, "He's behind you!"

sinkov
27-08-2017, 10:44 AM
No need to worry about that BT, when you play against top six teams in the PL their forwards will get in behind your defenders, whoever those defenders are. That's why they play for top 6 teams, no point worrying about it, it's what they do.

I'm more interested in how our midfield copes, it doesn't look as defensively sound as say, Boyd, Barton, Marney, Arfield, does, hopefully they don't get over-run, and can offer some protection for our back four, they'll need it.