PDA

View Full Version : Bury Post Match Thoughts

CAMiller
26-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Snowed in here and suffering a severe 'code brown' so not been today and not sure to make of it? Stats show a generally balanced game but the scoreline would suggest different. Net result is that we are back on the fringe of the playoffs but maybe more realistic only 14pts away from the mythical 50 to survive in League 1.

Thoughts?

frogmiller
26-12-2017, 04:32 PM
We were the better team by far today CAM.
Keeper caught, covered annd punched well.
Emanuel just isn't nimble enough at the end of his runs but he releases the pressure so well at times
Mattock has improved no end since Purrington came back ont bench.
Ajayi still makes errors but in the right areas of the pitch. He nearly got another goal at te end and is improving.
Vaulks, I critisised him during the match. He has no left foot to clear the ball when needed and they played on that. His right foot however is different, no one should make a ball do that for the goal. He was better today in midfield
Frex seemed to drift out of the game but you can see what he does for us as a team. He lifts the whole lot of them and they preform for him as a captain.
Williams was doing excelently until the foul. Certainly not a red card but it effected his game. Still I thought he was better today than Saturday passed.
Towell did well and was the engine at the side of Frex. I fear that he'll be out for a while. No one near him and something in his leg just gave way.
Yates is improving as a team player, his runs are inteligent and his understanding will Ball is evident but he hasn't unfortunately had a clear chance at goal. I thought he was unfortunate to be subbed. We changed our style in the second half which suited Moore more.But Moores impact wasn't what we'd hoped for.
Forde did well all gae. His choices in passing is improving and his runs are getting more direct.
Ball took his goal well and caused havock all the way through. We're starting to see the best of him now. I fear that that will deminish if we keep Moore. Hopefully if we do those two can get a better understanding which would be a delight to watch.

All round pretty good to say they'll have had chips and turkey as is tradition on boxing day!

Duncang
26-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Bury were very, very poor and I believe! they'll be playing 2nd Division football next season, we did what we needed to do to get a comfortable 3 points

gwru
26-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Next 2 games against better sides on paper. Vaulks back in midfield, Moore for Yates. Got to start the game with your best players. Leave them on the bench it's usually too late when you bring them on.

DonPageFanClub
26-12-2017, 08:54 PM
so we win 3 & draw 1 out of our last four games .. yet you would change the team really ..stick to fifa manager 2017.

mikemiller
26-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Been to the match. Traffic on M62 was horrendous and we only got into the ground with a few minutes to spare before kick off. Goodish performance from the Millers against a Bury side that barely managed a shot on target in the game. We deserved the 3-0 scoreline, taking our chances well, but without looking in top form. David Ball always looked dangerous though and ran his socks off. Good performance from Frecklington, and good late goal from Vaulks. Towell didn't look quite right, even early on in the match. Great Millers following, and a well-deserved win.

CTMilller
26-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Next 2 games against better sides on paper. Vaulks back in midfield, Moore for Yates. Got to start the game with your best players. Leave them on the bench it's usually too late when you bring them on.

Agree with the point about starting with your best players but I thought Moore's latish substitution did make a difference today. Although he didn't score or flash anything particularly good, his mere presence drew much of the Bury defence's attention which gave Vaulks room to get his fantastic shot away. Tactically that was effective.

Agree with most of what Frog said and saw the game pretty much the same way. Keeper had a good solid match and that punch out from the corner in the second half was textbook. Shame about Towell. However, I thought he was a little less sharp than usual before his injury but we will miss him if he's now out for a while.

Bury had some decent footballers but we're a long way short of a team.

Leaves you feeling good a result like that. Hopefully we will capitalise on this tide of confidence going into two much tougher matches.

millmoormagic
26-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Bury were very, very poor and I believe! they'll be playing 2nd Division football next season, we did what we needed to do to get a comfortable 3 points

3 points, 3 goals away from home, clean sheet, that's all that matters.

Casper64Frank
26-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Proved me wrong, I thought he would have gone with Icky and Kieffer back in the starting line up.

1st half we dominated against a poor side ( you can only beat what's in front of you).
Rodak had little to do and what he did have he managed to do it competently and with confidence.
Midfield looked good, supporting each other and finding space to accept a pass.
2nd half they hardly got going for the first 30mins.
Bury had us on the back foot without causing too many direct problems.
Good to see that 3rd goal go in.
Difficult to pick a Man of the Match, Frecks did really although I will choose Vaulks again & not just for his goal.

' Bend it like Beckham'....or ....

' Bend it like Vaulks'

Richie Towell was holding his lower back/ top of his right hip, hopefully it's just bruising & nothing too serious.

mikemiller
27-12-2017, 07:22 AM
Stats show a generally balanced game but the scoreline would suggest different.

51% possession that Bury had was rarely near our goal... and their two shots on target (?) were not anything that troubled Rodak, in fact, I can't remember him having to make a proper save.

Pocket rocket
27-12-2017, 07:37 AM
You can only beat whoís in front of you and thatís what we did.
Efficient performance yesterday having Frecklington in the team makes such a difference even though he wasnít outstanding.
2 more difficult games to come but confidence is coming back to the team.

Criticised Warne the other week so well done Warne on the recent run letís finish off the Christmas season well.

Iíll take 4 points from next 2 games.

UTM

millertop
27-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Set off about 10:30, caught up in a bit of traffic but after that then no problem with a stop off and in ground in plenty of time. Concourse was rubbish, glad I hate beforehand

Best game for Rodak imo, he didn’t have too many saves but his distribution was a lot better than usual (winning me over that’s for sure)

Frecks and Ball contender for MOTM
Yates was better than last game
Still here were some bad passes

Bury were very poor and we should have got more

1,452 Millers 3 goal 3points I’ll take that
8th place

Onto Walsall

Duncang
27-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Miller top there was at least 1,453 Miller's there, I live near Bury and went with a Bury supporting mate so sat with their fans but I was only supporting one team! UTM

millertop
27-12-2017, 09:58 AM
3 points, 3 goals away from home, clean sheet, that's all that matters.

Post match thoughts?

millertop
27-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Miller top there was at least 1,453 Miller's there, I live near Bury and went with a Bury supporting mate so sat with their fans but I was only supporting one team! UTM

I stand corrected Dunc :D

millertop
27-12-2017, 10:00 AM
MOTM vote in sticky, get voting

gwru
27-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Last 3 games opposition have been barely league standard. Still feel against better sides need 3 in midfield. I wouldn't be against bringing Wiles in with Vaulks & Frecks in midfield. Moore & Ball up front. One of the wingers will have drop out.

Pocket rocket
27-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Gwru

Not sure if youíve been paying attention or going to games?

1 Moore is due to be recalled this may change but likely heís going.
2 we are doing well with yates in the team so why change it ?
3. How many times have you seen Wiles play? Iíve not missed a game and Iíve not seen him much.
So could you explain to a simple lad like me why he should replace one of the wingers?

Now Iím all for the development of the youngsters so what are his key strengths do you know how he will improve the team ?
Is he quick ?
Can you please educate me on whatís the benefits of changing a winning side?

Iím waiting for your detailed answers with bated breath.

Of course I will then bow to your superior knowledge.

UTM

Masbroughstreet
27-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Gwru

Not sure if you’ve been paying attention or going to games?

1 Moore is due to be recalled this may change but likely he’s going.
3. How many times have you seen Wiles play? I’ve not missed a game and I’ve not seen him much.
So could you explain to a simple lad like me why he should replace one of the wingers?

Now I’m all for the development of the youngsters so what are his key strengths do you know how he will improve the team ?
Is he quick ?
Can you please educate me on what’s the benefits of changing a winning side?

I’m waiting for your detailed answers with bated breath.

UTM

1. He doesn't go to away games

2. He's seen Wiles for 45 minutes against Chesterfield in the checkatrade trophy which is about half an hour more than he's seen Bailey-King.

3. Good luck getting an answer.

Geetarman
27-12-2017, 02:37 PM
1. He doesn't go to away games

2. He's seen Wiles for 45 minutes against Chesterfield in the checkatrade trophy which is about half an hour more than he's seen Bailey-King.

3. Good luck getting an answer.

Yeah but....yeah but....as Bob Shankly, or was it Bill Paisley famously said "if you're young enough, you're good enough"

Or was it Sir Alf Winterbottom.

mikemiller
27-12-2017, 04:16 PM
MOTM vote in sticky, get voting

bump7760

gwru
27-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Gwru

Not sure if you’ve been paying attention or going to games?

1 Moore is due to be recalled this may change but likely he’s going.
3. How many times have you seen Wiles play? I’ve not missed a game and I’ve not seen him much.

Now I’m all for the development of the youngsters so what are his key strengths do you know how he will improve the team ?
Is he quick ?
Can you please educate me on what’s the benefits of changing a winning side?

I’m waiting for your detailed answers with bated breath.

UTM

I go to all the home games. Was I right about Vaulks? Yates any half decent defence will think they out for a day out with him up front. Moore has got to play. We played our best football this season with 3 in midfield. Tell me different.

Pocket rocket
27-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Gwru I never mentioned Vaulks

Tell me about why Wiles is so good tell me why we should change a winning team ?
Come on gwru your the expert arenít you ?

Why would you play Moore when heís supposed to be going back ?

Why why why ?

Iím waiting ?

gwru
27-12-2017, 04:56 PM

Tell me about why Wiles is so good tell me why we should change a winning team ?
Come on gwru your the expert aren’t you ?

Why would you play Moore when he’s supposed to be going back ?

Why why why ?

I’m waiting ?

I'd play Moore cause we need some height & presence up front. I don't rate Yates. Wiles looks ready to me for the 1st team, when needed. Saw him in the checkatrade doesn't look a youth player. He's looks like he's grown into his body.

caytonmiller
27-12-2017, 05:21 PM
In the checkatrade wiles looked a better player than vaulks so on GWRU theory he should be infront of vaulks

gwru
27-12-2017, 05:30 PM
In the checkatrade wiles looked a better player than vaulks so on GWRU theory he should be infront of vaulks

Vaulks scored in that game. I'd like to see Vaulks, Frecks & Wiles together in midfield. Frecks experience helping Wiles.

Masbroughstreet
27-12-2017, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=gwru;38741764]Was I right about Vaulks? [QUOTE]

Which bit, the bit about him being our best right back or the bit about him being the best player at the club full stop?

I think the answer to both of those is, no gwru, you were not right.

mikemiller
27-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Vaulks scored in that game. I'd like to see Vaulks, Frecks & Wiles together in midfield. Frecks experience helping Wiles.

Towell didn't look good after getting injured yesterday, and Warney now hinting that Potter may be out for a while... so Wiles may get his chance. I'm just hoping that Frecklington keeps fit, otherwise we could be burgered.

Masbroughstreet
27-12-2017, 05:42 PM

Come on gwru your the expert aren’t you ?

Why would you play Moore when he’s supposed to be going back ?

Why why why ?

I’m waiting ?

You won't get an answer, I've tried and tried and he just won't do it. He'll say something else completely irrelevant, about Vaulks or Bailey-King or 'Warney's boys' and then he'll say 'I'm not usually wrong' and you'll be baffled as it to what has just happened.

And then he'll say the exact same thing again on every single thread, regardless of what it's about.

Again and again.

Forever.

frogmiller
27-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Vaulks was terrible on his left foot yesterday. 4 or 5 times he was having to pass to Mattock instead of being able to hit the ball into channels when he was caught in posetion. he struck 2 or 3 balls high over Williams head and out of play with his right foot in the first 10 minutes.

He has a great right foot though and that goal!!! Wow!

gwru
27-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Vaulks best position is midfield. Next 2 games he'll have to do Potters role. Vaulks he's good enough to grow into a holding midfielder with more to his game that Potter or Smallwood. People will laugh but at this level, could be in the championship he reminds me of Emlyne or Gerrard with his enthusiasm.

fivetide
27-12-2017, 06:19 PM
I went, and while we took our chances well, we also had some woeful defensive moments that a side with confidence would have punished us on.

At least two trerrible passes. Players backing off and leaving gaps (essentially what they did for Vaulks' goal) and at one point, three players went off to take on one wide player before realising they had taken the entire central defence away. Lack of communication at times really showed.

We really let them back in it and Rodak was constantly telling the players to get out and push up, put some pressure on the midfield because the ball was just coming straight back.

What did make a difference there was Wood coming on and Vaulks moving to midfield, we seemed to have a bit more bite and all of a sudden the game was back in their half of the pitch.

We were good for the win, but there was always the worry we could let one and then maybe another in. Really got to sort out daft passes.

Vaulks was good and as for the left foot comment earlier, he was very Wilsterman against Bury, met loads with his left and just smashed it away. At least that's safe.

With any luck, we'll start to see some confidence come back now though, a bit steadier and we are there.

rolymiller
27-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Tend to agree. our defence was still very weak but fortunately their forward line was the same. A decent side would punish us eg Walsall on Saturday. We still need to improve defence if we want to keep challenging for the play offs. The next 2 games will probably highlight this but i hope I am wrong.

caytonmiller
29-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Number 10 mayor for bury. Looked a decent player