PDA

View Full Version : Cyrille Regis- should he be recognised nationally permanently ?

malwayne
19-01-2018, 09:31 PM
How about erecting a permanent statue of him at the England training hq in the midlands or even at Wembley on the other side of the stadium to where Bobby Moore statue is ? I have no doubt that the clubs such as WBA or Coventry will be already be thinking about something along those lines. Itís just that I think his contribution which was life changing in the way that we know it, should be recognised in a much more important way, and be there for all to see. Anyone else think itís a good idea or am I wasting my time with this suggestion?

oldcolner
19-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Mal
Seems one is in hand

A statue in honour of three pioneering West Bromwich Albion footballers is hoped to be finished in April, following the death of Cyrille Regis.
The ex-England forward has been credited with inspiring a generation of black footballers at the club alongside Laurie Cunningham and Brendon Batson.
Organisers behind the delayed £220,000 statue say £38,000 still needs to be found to complete it.
It was originally intended to be unveiled in West Bromwich in 2014.
Sculptor Graham Ibbeson says it is now "in its final phase".

Doesn’t look great to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-42725914

Saxo1man41
19-01-2018, 10:11 PM
That goal Vs Norwich.. :)

oldcolner
20-01-2018, 05:46 AM
Minutes applause at all grounds today.