PDA

View Full Version : Plymouth Post Match Thoughts

CAMiller
28-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Despite the result not really counting for anything it's still gutting to lose out when by all accounts we deserved better. Hopefully we came through the game with no major knocks and can relax next week while the other three teams still worry about which two will make the playoffs.

Thoughts on today?

thaimillerfan
28-04-2018, 04:12 PM
I cant say they didnt deserve the result . But I am concerned about our strength I feel we switched off but as you say we can relax and see who does make the 5th and 6th teams I do think Charlton are a cert .

gm_gm
28-04-2018, 04:22 PM
Warne Out!

sawmiller
28-04-2018, 04:24 PM
Should we meet them in the play offs, they now have the psychological advantage - have thought all along that they are the outsider to go up - may be worth an outside bet at what would be pretty good odds - along with us, of course! Adams the master of late goals/wins - made quite a habit of it whilst there. Remind us of anyone?

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
28-04-2018, 04:31 PM
playing someone again so soon the result often goes the other way. I'm more worried about playing Scunny in the playoffs.

caytonmiller
28-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Plymouth play scunny midweek. Could be the decider

sawmiller
28-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Plymouth play scunny midweek. Could be the decider

I'm going to put money on PA for that one - just seem to have that momentum and resilience when up against it - reminds me of us when Evo took us up

gm_gm
28-04-2018, 04:58 PM
I worry about Charlton

Lolmorgan
28-04-2018, 05:03 PM
I worry about Charlton
Bobby or Jackie.I don't worry about any of them,what will be will be.Most are thinking S****horpe but they are on a very good run of late.

pip_y
28-04-2018, 05:04 PM
Even though we lost it was good to see that ouron target shots ration was very good

fc_miller
28-04-2018, 05:05 PM
I worry about Rotherham!

hotun
28-04-2018, 05:08 PM
All Millers fans disgusted by the performance of the clown of referee got all the big decisions wrong I am still fuming and once again we suffer at the hands of these incompetents

CAMiller
28-04-2018, 05:09 PM
I worry about Charlton

The other two in the mix have 'dead rubbers' next Saturday whereas Charlton have to go to Rochdale who need to win. Depending how the Scunny v Plymouth game turns out on Tuesday, Charlton may be looking over their shoulder with some anxiety (as might we be for 4th place if Scunny beat Plymouth by 4 or 5 XD)

hotun
28-04-2018, 05:41 PM
If we get another clown I fear we will

mikemiller
28-04-2018, 06:08 PM
Watched the match via "live stream" for the first time today. We missed a load of chances with Williams being the worst culprit (again). We dominated the game overall, but gave away two sloppy goals. Two Millers goals were disallowed that looked perfectly ok. Williams was booked for "diving" when we should have been awarded a penalty. Yes, the ref WAS rubbish, but we should have been several goals ahead by the time that Plymouth scored their first. Warney took Smith off too early, even though Smith didn't look at all tired, but then waited too late to bring Newell on (again).

Not signing Kieffer Moore might end up being our undoing in the play-offs. He misses some sitters, but he does put the ball in the net much more frequently than anybody else that we have. We got away with squandering lots of chances at Gillingham, but not today against Plymouth, who looked no better than the Gills (and judging from today, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Scunny beating Plymouth by a big score on Tuesday) Unless we start putting away easy chances, and stop making silly defensive mistakes when under little pressure, we won't get through the play-offs. I feel sorry for the Millers fans who went today, as we should have comfortably bagged the three points.

Nardendee
28-04-2018, 07:03 PM
According to the gaffer he says the video clearly shows the second disallowed goal should have stood.
The Plymouth fans says the ref was the best they have had all season.

I donít worry about missing chances in a meaningless game. I would be more worried if we werenít creating them. And all this about Kieffer Moore, heís gone and Smith is a more than adequate replacement.

In a sense them getting the winner kept the season more interesting and makes for a cracking game on Tuesday. I must admit I think the Blackburn decision to make mass changes (including Dack) could have cost Plymouth big time. They donít even have to go through the play offs and it makes a mockery of the integrity of the league.

Pafc2210
28-04-2018, 07:26 PM
I got 100/1 in November with bet365 a few of mates got 250/1 with skybet. That was when we was rock bottom. I've just cashed out for over 1k. Still nervy but roll on the last 2 games. I like Rotherham as a club and place. Spent a good few hours getting lost around Meadowhall!!

HerbieCobbler
28-04-2018, 07:59 PM
Put it this way, it was gutting to lose today. However, had this been the first leg of the playoffs and we had come away just one goal down then I think I'd have taken that, especially against an inform team like PA.

TMiller
29-04-2018, 01:09 AM
I thought we played well and dominated. I'd love to play Plymouth at some point in the playoffs. I thought they were so poor and it's not very often a team will dominate a game the way we did and lose. We will need to strengthen if we go up but they will need a complete overhaul in my opinion.
I do find Forde and Williams so frustrating though. I just don't think Forde is very good but I can see that Williams could be a great player which makes him even more frustrating.

CTMilller
29-04-2018, 05:33 AM
I actually feel MORE upbeat about our chances in the play offs after that game. Disappointing that we lost, of course but it was a fairly meaningless game for us and all important for PA. To say they won it by the skin of their teeth under these circumstances reflects well on us. In their heart of hearts PA will be feeling that we would be far more motivated if we were to play them in a serious game and are a force to be reckoned with. I thought our build up play was really very good. We Put the ball in the net three times and had a hatful of chances that could/should have been turned into more goals. PA were supposed to be the poster child for guts and determination.

This is how we should be feeling as we approach the play offs. The squad is coming into another good phase. We may not be quite firing on all eight but we're moving in the right direction just when we need to...

We are perfectly capable of beating any of the other four contenders - even Charlton who I think we now have the measure of even though we were twice the loosing side this season.

What is also encouraging is that while we don't have any superstars, we don't really have any real weak areas. Even in defence we seem to have moved into a phase of greater solidity. I don't think we are the standout team amongst those who will contend but then I don't think any of them has an obvious edge. Based on the general way we played today I just feel we are in the right phase of readiness for this mini-competition and stand a good chance of doing well.

sota
29-04-2018, 05:40 AM
CT, I firmly believe that we are the team to fear.

monty_rhodes
29-04-2018, 10:35 AM
CT, I firmly believe that we are the team to fear.

To paraphrase the Duke of Wellington: "They may not frighten the opposition but by God they frighten me!"

PerigordMiller
29-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Overall I think we deserved 3 points. But hey, we played ok, and as someone said no real weak links other than missing some good chances.

I haven't seen the Williams 'dive' again but at first sight I thought penalty.

On seeing the other one again, Vaulks did clearly overstretch and go through the man to get the ball, so can't complain about that.

The ref was a homer though in front of a big home crowd. Bad camera angle, but I can't see how Ball, arriving at speed, could have been offside for the second disallowed goal.

I think this is probably the team that will start in the playoffs, the back 5 look solid now (other than Icky losing his man for their first - he was commanding I thought)

Maybe more game time for Newell next Sat?

millertop
29-04-2018, 02:32 PM
Officials need seriously sorting out.

MOTM Purrington

Police officers got carried away and dragged a fan to the floor for no reason and he knows it.

Yes we should have put them away but still I feel cheated

Nice weekend though in Plymouth

TMiller
30-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Officials need seriously sorting out.

MOTM Purrington

Police officers got carried away and dragged a fan to the floor for no reason and he knows it.

Yes we should have put them away but still I feel cheated

Nice weekend though in Plymouth

I agree either Purrington or Towell. As for weak links I'd say centre back is a problem and has been most of the season. Ihekwe (complete guess) actually misjudged one in the first half and I think Rodek had to make a one on one save and then in the second half did the same and they scored. You can't do that in the playoffs no way.

For me we have 3 good wingers but they are so inconsistent. Is Newell still carrying a knock?

Donmiller
30-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Not Williams biggest fan as of late, he can't seem to pass in a straight line anymore. He would be my 4th choice out of him, Newell, Taylor and Forde. He was our best player when he first joined us. Still haven't got over the miss from Taylor. All he had to do was chip it over the keeper.

If that was them playing the best they can play, and us playing with our foot slightly off the gas then I don't think we have anything to worry about. "We should've put it to bed"- There's not a lot you can do when you have a perfectly good goal disallowed so late on in the game, it would've been put to bed.

Just hope we don't get any poor officials in the play offs it'll ruin my year if we lose out on something that is out of our control