PDA

View Full Version : Hot-head Vaulks costs us the points.

the_idiotb_stardson
28-04-2018, 04:08 PM
I see the overrated one has cost us the points again.

Warne needs to drop him now in case he blows it for us in the play offs.

dantpen
28-04-2018, 04:10 PM
People on twitter saying it was never a pen. Lets not jump to conclusiuons shall we.

DonPageFanClub
28-04-2018, 04:17 PM
why when did he cost us the points before ..

frogmiller
28-04-2018, 04:30 PM
It was a silly, risky lunge to make but it is done now. It could have gone either way. Vaulks is a completely different player to Palmer and Towell.

Palmer and Towell will run into space for the pass when Vaulks is already there but static. It's a wierd one that confuses me each time I watch them.

sawmiller
28-04-2018, 04:42 PM
It was a silly, risky lunge to make but it is done now. It could have gone either way. Vaulks is a completely different player to Palmer and Towell.

Palmer and Towell will run into space for the pass when Vaulks is already there but static. It's a wierd one that confuses me each time I watch them.

i.e. he reads the game - and gets stuck in - and very occasionally, unstuck. Rather have him than not

Silly-miller
28-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Who cares it’s not like we needed points

CAMiller
28-04-2018, 05:14 PM
We need to introduce a new prefix for post titles, W/U to indicate a wind up! Most of IBS's would have it.

mellowmiller
28-04-2018, 05:27 PM
Who cares it’s not like we needed points
I care! Losing is not great preparation for the play-offs.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
28-04-2018, 05:35 PM
It being a good performance and being diddled by yet more piss poor officials shouldn't hit confidence too much. Just makes you fear what clowns we get for the playoffs.

Silly-miller
28-04-2018, 05:37 PM
I care! Losing is not great preparation for the play-offs.

I don’t see it like you do mellow I see it as we barely lost to team with out key players like Taylor and Palmer by giving away a dodgy pen that happened in a game that had no meaning for us.

Win Blackpool and momentum is back where’s the downside?

hotun
28-04-2018, 05:38 PM
The ref cost us the points two goals ruled out for offside stonewall pen on Williams goalkeeper put the boot in on Ball should have got red card and pen but nothing Vaulls clearly won the ball and we got shafted good and proper

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
28-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Two goals disallowed that sound like they shouldn't have been. An unofficial win I'm having. :)

UTM!

frogmiller
28-04-2018, 05:57 PM
i.e. he reads the game - and gets stuck in - and very occasionally, unstuck. Rather have him than not

I understand what your saying Saw and I'm not against it. I just find Vaulks as an emigma. His challenges more often than not break play up and todays challenge was one he didn't need to do but he did it out of instinct.

I often watch Palmer and Towell running into the space Vaulks has already taken position in. His shooting is at times breath taking yet his simple passes don't find the man.

I see him jumping, heading and reacting to things on the pitch when he's no where near play.

For me he's an enigma

pip_y
28-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Well Froggie i’d Rather have an enigma than a stigma!

Pattylallacks2
28-04-2018, 06:46 PM
I had £20 on them to draw. Luckily I cashed out with 2 minutes to go.

Nardendee
28-04-2018, 06:47 PM
According to the gaffer the video shows that the second disallowed goal should have stood.

frogmiller
28-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Well Froggie i’d Rather have an enigma than a stigma!

I'd rather he was playing for us than against that is for sure. I'm wondering if it's communication or there's an issue with our midfielders.

Something just doesn't fit.

sickly_child
28-04-2018, 08:36 PM
I see the overrated one has cost us the points again.

Warne needs to drop him now in case he blows it for us in the play offs.

:zzz:

sawmiller
28-04-2018, 08:37 PM
I understand what your saying Saw and I'm not against it. I just find Vaulks as an emigma. His challenges more often than not break play up and todays challenge was one he didn't need to do but he did it out of instinct.

I often watch Palmer and Towell running into the space Vaulks has already taken position in. His shooting is at times breath taking yet his simple passes don't find the man.

I see him jumping, heading and reacting to things on the pitch when he's no where near play.

For me he's an enigma

an enigma? is that between midfield and defence?

Yep frog, without those traits he'd been in a higher league as a regular - some of the larger clubs see enough in him - think he'll be off if we are in L1 next year

Nardendee
28-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Having watched the game back I have no complaints about the penalty. Onto next week.

fc_miller
29-04-2018, 07:58 AM
he wins the ball but takes the player, which is how he tackles. no need for it. He could have slid and blocked the cross, but instead he went for the more difficult tackle from behind.

gm_gm
29-04-2018, 08:04 AM
It being a good performance and being diddled by yet more piss poor officials shouldn't hit confidence too much. Just makes you fear what clowns we get for the playoffs.

Just seen the comments on the Argyle site, one comment was “we needed a homer and we got one”

the_idiotb_stardson
29-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Just seen the comments on the Argyle site, one comment was “we needed a homer and we got one”

Just seen the comments in the Plymouth Herald.

Warne is critical of Vaulks challenge....going to ground.

Silly-miller
29-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Some of reactions to the loss of points is baffling you’d think it was a play off match

cleggymiller
29-04-2018, 05:23 PM
As a discussion point rather than sour grapes. I didn't think it was a pen yesterday and having watched it back on the Plymouth Herald YouTube piece, Vaulks was side on (not a tackle from behind) and clearly won the ball. I don't mind the defeat as we didn't do the nasty things to win, and why would we at this point of our season. Nothing to fear from Plymouth in my opinion, they had to win yesterday. We just thought it would be nice to win.

frogmiller
29-04-2018, 05:31 PM
As a discussion point rather than sour grapes. I didn't think it was a pen yesterday and having watched it back on the Plymouth Herald YouTube piece, Vaulks was side on (not a tackle from behind) and clearly won the ball. I don't mind the defeat as we didn't do the nasty things to win, and why would we at this point of our season. Nothing to fear from Plymouth in my opinion, they had to win yesterday. We just thought it would be nice to win.

Do you have a link cleggy please?

fc_miller
29-04-2018, 05:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5OJ-QnOuOk
He wins the ball, but he didn't need to slide in for it, just giving the referee an excuse to blow (and he has is whistle in his mouth ready, as Vaulks is sliding in). Towell was covering, so he was in a better position to stop the attack.

cleggymiller
29-04-2018, 05:41 PM
sorry frog I wouldn't know how to. I'm just a reader on here rather than posting. I googled Plymouth v Rotherham on videos and it comes up with the herald.

fc_miller
29-04-2018, 05:42 PM
this is better link that shows the challenge from argyle end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqZcnQlYlao
1min15secs

caytonmiller
29-04-2018, 05:47 PM
No disputing it was a pen. Poor by vaulks

cleggymiller
29-04-2018, 05:48 PM
There you, just shows that your eyes can play tricks. Bang on penalty, cheers fc

fc_miller
29-04-2018, 05:49 PM
On the tv highlights, it looks like he wins the ball cleanly. On the link from the argyle end, it looks like he takes the player first then the ball.

cleggymiller
29-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Yep your right. Suppose the question is as the post says, was he a hot head. Yes there was cover, and yes he might have got a cross in. In the context of the game both become irrelevant. But would I want him to do that in play off semis? I think I'd moan if he didn't try to tackle but ideally block but equally moan if he gave a pen away. He's in a no win situation (in play offs) but yesterday was just yesterday.

frogmiller
29-04-2018, 07:59 PM
The two different pieces of action are brilliant. Thanks fc_miller

CAMiller
29-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Looks like a penalty to me as he took the man down before he got to the ball.

Talking of penalties - was amused to see 'the boy who cries wolf' Sterling not get the decision on a 100% penalty today at WHU. Maybe that's the best way to discourage diving, just don't award penalties to anyone associated with 'simulation'.

Donmiller
30-04-2018, 09:00 AM
I've seen pens from that given and seen them not given. The problem for me is that our disallowed goal came first, therefore we would've been winning going into extra time and a silly tackle like that never would've happened. Luckily for us this game in theory means nothing, but how many more times are sh1te officials gonna do one over on us? What if this happened in the play offs?

Sidenote: The ref had his whistle in his mouth and was pointing to the spot before Vaulks even went in for the tackle. Completely inept, couldn't keep up with the play, and his dodgy officials didn't help either.

millertop
30-04-2018, 09:55 AM
Ok two angles, from front then yes maybe the ref got it right BUT from back then no way can he give that so cheating?
Same with Lino who wasn’t up with play calls Alavert offside, how can you say he was with fine margins?