PDA

View Full Version : Get the rest of the tickets tomoz lads and lasses...

rolymiller
12-05-2018, 05:08 PM
..red and white shop open between 10 and 2 lets get it packed to the rafters with millers and roar em home.

millertop
12-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Clubs put a deadline on tickets, Monday at 3 pm

If we donít sell in away end then we are giving Scunny some more . Iíd **** that off they could have easily gave us some extra

rolymiller
12-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Yep we dont want to give scunny any more tickets pen em in the corner like we did against preston and drown em out with our voices.

crookadile
12-05-2018, 07:20 PM

If we donít sell in away end then we are giving Scunny some more . Iíd **** that off they could have easily gave us some extra

Would they sell the extra if we gave them any. They couldnít even sell 5,000 for their home game.

Silly-miller
12-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Just had a look online looks like thereís less than 150 tickets left.

How I know I counted them but miss counted a few times so donít have a exact number

fc_miller
12-05-2018, 07:36 PM
have they opened south stand yet to home sales?

Silly-miller
12-05-2018, 07:43 PM
have they opened south stand yet to home sales?

No not yet but only a few seats next to each other left so Iím guessing doom and gloomers are getting their seats

fc_miller
12-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Should make them easier to spot if they are all in the same block.

millertop
13-05-2018, 08:57 AM

If we don’t sell in away end then we are giving Scunny some more . I’d **** that off they could have easily gave us some extra

After the deadline day it’s data base only, if you are not on data base then get down to shop

millertop
13-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Other half of SE1 corner now open

Silly-miller
13-05-2018, 09:09 AM
Itís gonna be absolutely chocker

millertop
13-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Should the club be putting these flags out? Red and white obviously XD

daveeed
13-05-2018, 09:23 AM

Yes think they should , at least the club should advertise it as a red and white night and encourage people to wear their colours. Most important tho is getting behind them with proper noise like the early days at NY and no getting on players backs during the game even if we are behind

Silly-miller
13-05-2018, 11:30 AM

Hell yeah

Silly-miller
13-05-2018, 12:00 PM
South stand 1 now open

millertop
13-05-2018, 12:02 PM
South stand 1 now open

Well that’s a start

Shop open until 2pm

caytonmiller
13-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Am I right in thinking south stand 3 I'm the block behind the away goal?

caytonmiller
13-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Is not I'm

fc_miller
13-05-2018, 03:03 PM
online its still only SE1 which is open.
SS5, 6 and 7 will likely be sc.unthorpes current allocation, with part of SS4 (which is behind the goal).

Silly-miller
13-05-2018, 03:06 PM
https://twitter.com/officialrufc/status/995625533974241281?s=21

fc_miller
13-05-2018, 03:14 PM
cheers silly, SS1 is one of the triangle infills, so prob ~75 seats. Why not open it online like SE1?
At this rate I expect at least 500 tickets being sent to sc.unthorpe.

Silly-miller
13-05-2018, 03:40 PM
cheers silly, SS1 is one of the triangle infills, so prob ~75 seats. Why not open it online like SE1?
At this rate I expect at least 500 tickets being sent to sc.unthorpe.

Probably because online ticketing is messed up if you look online at ns1 itís red but unclickable which I assume means itís sold out but colour hasnít changed

millertop
14-05-2018, 10:30 AM

If we don’t sell in away end then we are giving Scunny some more . I’d **** that off they could have easily gave us some extra

Data base only after deadline and club will make their mind up whether to send Scummy Scunny any more

millertop
14-05-2018, 10:57 AM
A few single seats in 3 sides
SE1 corner about 20
SS1 (away stand) about 35
SS2 (“ “) less than 200 I’d say

Come on Millers!

millertop
14-05-2018, 12:34 PM

Not allowed flags on sticks :zzz:

Red and white cards will be on seats for you to hold up, if mine isnít red then Iím not holding it up ;)

millertop
14-05-2018, 04:24 PM
500 tickets remaining

Silly-miller
14-05-2018, 05:24 PM
SS3 open

Only corner left now

It's gonna be great woo hoo

daveeed
14-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Not allowed flags on sticks :zzz:

Red and white cards will be on seats for you to hold up, if mine isn’t red then I’m not holding it up ;)

Pathetic isn't it really health and safety and football, the other week I went to watch Gloucester v Newcastle in their European semi - there were flags ON STICKS every couple of seats, fans from both sides intermingled , not a hint of trouble !

So no sticks allowed, But 10,000 millers have to cram into a unsafe bottleneck after the game so that 1200 scunny fans can have the space and safety of New York way !

MillerBill
14-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Pathetic isn't it really health and safety and football, the other week I went to watch Gloucester v Newcastle in their European semi - there were flags ON STICKS every couple of seats, fans from both sides intermingled , not a hint of trouble !

So no sticks allowed, But 10,000 millers have to cram into a unsafe bottleneck after the game so that 1200 scunny fans can have the space and safety of New York way !

Dav,that bottleneck is very hazardous,a serious accident is waiting to happen.This must be corrected for next season.

dantpen
14-05-2018, 08:28 PM

No mention of it being about health and safety. More likely it is cheaper for the card option.

great_fire
14-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Dav,that bottleneck is very hazardous,a serious accident is waiting to happen.This must be corrected for next season.

A number of people have pointed this out now but nothing has been done.

The police blame the design of the ground and do not seem very happy about having to police the situation.

LittleSquirt
14-05-2018, 10:50 PM
A number of people have pointed this out now but nothing has been done.

The police blame the design of the ground and do not seem very happy about having to police the situation.

But they wouldn't have to police the situation if they just kept away fans in the ground, like at every other club, including those in S Yorks!!!

Silly-miller
14-05-2018, 10:51 PM
Iv said this before but what we need is a real exit for away fans with an underpass or overpass that leads to car park or something, it shouldnít cost too much for some steps to go over the tracks

Hazza Has A Gazza
15-05-2018, 12:23 AM
Or steps onto the tracks for certain fans of certain clubs

millertop
15-05-2018, 06:09 AM
Thereís nothing up with design of ground
Itís the club that want everyone away from the ground so if thereís trouble itís not their problem
Putting us fans safety first NOT

caytonmiller
15-05-2018, 06:44 AM
Options.
1, Leave 5 minutes early.
2, Wait 5 minutes after final wistle.
3, stop blaming others for the bottle neck when your contributing to it..

fc_miller
15-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Maybe a few punts on the canal

daveeed
15-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Options.
1, Leave 5 minutes early.
2, Wait 5 minutes after final wistle.
3, stop blaming others for the bottle neck when your contributing to it..

No need for that cayton ! I will have a 4 year old with me and when we all have to go via Don Street it isn't very nice

millertop
15-05-2018, 10:05 AM
No need for that cayton ! I will have a 4 year old with me and when we all have to go via Don Street it isn't very nice

Heíll be in lounge so ignore him.

Iíve left later before and still got caught up in it

caytonmiller
15-05-2018, 10:25 AM
Millertop what's being in the lounge got to do with my reply plus you tell Dave to ignore me then you reply to my post. Hypocrite 😂

Dave (not you millertop) in the 70 when my dad took me to games especially away we would leave a bit earlier, or stay and wait till the crowds died down. Have a drink, chat about the game, chat to subs warming down. The club won't change the policy on segregation as it's the safest option ATM,
syp won't change about detaining away fans
so options as a parent (in your case)
Leave early,
Leave later,
Don't contribute to the problem..

It's like bank holiday Mondays. Everyone goes away/out that day then moan about being stuck in traffic. Why?

millertop
15-05-2018, 10:34 AM
ĎWhatís being in lounge that to do with ití, lol Iím sure you can work that out .
Shall we all stay behind so we donít contribute to the problem 😂

dantpen
15-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Millertop what's being in the lounge got to do with my reply plus you tell Dave to ignore me then you reply to my post. Hypocrite 😂

Dave (not you millertop) in the 70 when my dad took me to games especially away we would leave a bit earlier, or stay and wait till the crowds died down. Have a drink, chat about the game, chat to subs warming down. The club won't change the policy on segregation as it's the safest option ATM,
Leave early,
Leave later,

It's like bank holiday Mondays. Everyone goes away/out that day then moan about being stuck in traffic. Why?

SYP couldn't organise a fire in a match factory. They were happy to hold away fans back at Hillsborough a few years ago and then the year after were happy to hold us on on Leppings Lane but they won't hold back 1500 at the NYS at any point when it is clearly a lot safer for everyone involved.

caytonmiller
15-05-2018, 11:33 AM
Me being in the lounge has nothing to contribute to the problem, infact you should be thanking me as me being forced to stay behind frees up more room.. and as you know onsite parking won't be released until the rest of the fans have left.. if I'm happy to be delayed a extra 10 minutes (already 30 min after final whistle) then you would think the people who it effects would put themselves out a little..
I'm offering a solution as the club/syp are not going to change the exit arrangment.

Wow sarcasm and hypocrite in one thread. I feel a hat tricks coming!

caytonmiller
15-05-2018, 11:34 AM
SYP couldn't organise a fire in a match factory. They were happy to hold away fans back at Hillsborough a few years ago and then the year after were happy to hold us on on Leppings Lane but they won't hold back 1500 at the NYS at any point when it is clearly a lot safer for everyone involved.

Agree about syp though if they see the current exit arrangment as the safest option why would they change it.

gm_gm
15-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Agree about syp though if they see the current exit arrangment as the safest option why would they change it.

Problem is Cayton, they have changed it over and over again and we had had some right aggro at some matches whhich had been forecast before a game was played.

This is a high tension game and it could kick off big time

millertop
15-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Lol wasting your time on someone who thinks he knows it all, has Cayton ever been in that situation at NYS? Lol I’m sure he will say he has.

West stand is generally one of last out but it didn’t stop some that did stay behind nearly get hit by flying rocks when Millwall came.

Like I’ve said it’s the club (who were warned about Millwall) who don’t want it to be their problem when/ if it kicks off.

Go on Cayton you can have the last word ;D

mellowmiller
15-05-2018, 12:44 PM

Leave early,
Leave later,

I've waited until 10-15 minutes after the end of the game and the crush is just as bad on Don Street. Maybe I should wait until the following morning 😕
The exit strategy is dangerous and the problem needs addressing before something serious happens.
Lecturing people about when they should leave doesn't help.

caytonmiller
15-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Problem is Cayton, they have changed it over and over again and we had had some right aggro at some matches whhich had been forecast before a game was played.

This is a high tension game and it could kick off big time

Cant disagree with any of what you or others have said gmgm.. we all know it's not ideal though we all know the club or syp won't change it. My post was about alternate solutions to a non ideal position..
It's millertop who has outdone himself with a outstanding hat trick of insults... Trying to once again belittle my posts then finishes off with bringing other posters into it by saying don't listen to him and calling me a know-it-all...

caytonmiller
15-05-2018, 12:59 PM
I've waited until 10-15 minutes after the end of the game and the crush is just as bad on Don Street. Maybe I should wait until the following morning 😕
The exit strategy is dangerous and the problem needs addressing before something serious happens.
Lecturing people about when they should leave doesn't help.

Comon mellow. These type of posts don't suit you. You know full well no one has lectured people about when to leave and your a cleaver bloke to workout if 7000 fans leave the ground over a 15 minute period would not be as bad as all 7000 leaving str away..
We all know it's not ideal though the only solution is spend X amount on a bridge to sent potential 2600 fans into a more dangerous bottle neck situation. or detain the fans for 15 min which syp only do in extreme cases..

Scum-Triumphant
15-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Didnít the club say they were gonna start to keep the public bats open after the games so people could hang about and have a drink while things quietened down? Or did I dream that?

wrinkly
15-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Not sure why Clayton is getting stick here.
Don St is a problem and needs sorting. Holding back the away fans might be the answer but the club and police don't seem keen.
Suggesting hanging back a bit doesn't seem too radical an idea

caytonmiller
15-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Lol wasting your time on someone who thinks he knows it all, has Cayton ever been in that situation at NYS? Lol I’m sure he will say he has.

West stand is generally one of last out but it didn’t stop some that did stay behind nearly get hit by flying rocks when Millwall came.

Like I’ve said it’s the club (who were warned about Millwall) who don’t want it to be their problem when/ if it kicks off.

Go on Cayton you can have the last word ;D

I will have another word if you want to continue the discussion rather than throw insults. Alternatively put me on block so you don't have to read my dribble..

From the 150 ish home games at NYS (can't be bothered to Google the exact amount) Millwall is the only one where outside has been a major problem. That Inc lots of local Derby games where outside the grounds are a hot spot..
and no I've never been in the situation ( not at NYS) as I'm kept behind until other fans have left the ground though at several other ground I've attended have such bottle necks and as mentioned we used to leave early or wait behind. Contributing to the problem never helps

mellowmiller
15-05-2018, 05:47 PM
Comon mellow. These type of posts don't suit you. You know full well no one has lectured people about when to leave and your a cleaver bloke to workout if 7000 fans leave the ground over a 15 minute period would not be as bad as all 7000 leaving str away..
We all know it's not ideal though the only solution is spend X amount on a bridge to sent potential 2600 fans into a more dangerous bottle neck situation. or detain the fans for 15 min which syp only do in extreme cases..

As I said Cayton, I usually wait a good 10-15 minutes after the game has finished but masses of people are still shuffling along Don Street past the crumbling G&C building. The situation is then made much worse by people coming across the car park from the West Stand and increasing the crush in the bottleneck where they enter Don Street.
Leaving early is not an option for me, I never do whatever the score.
The exit strategy is dangerous and needs changing but I guess it will take a serious accident before the authorities do anything about it.

BramleyMiller58
15-05-2018, 06:21 PM
This was last reply to e-mail I sent to SYP back in March

Logged as 1119 23/02/2018

Good Evening,

I can confirm this has been looked into and passed for the attention of our silver commander. I am unable to advise of further details.

Many thanks,

South Yorkshire Police

Have I had a reply
HIF

FarhadRUFC
15-05-2018, 06:35 PM
Got 3 tickets for me and family, this will be my first actual live game as a Rotherham fan. Iíve dreamt about this for a few years, really excited and nervous too as I donít know what to except but hoping we manage to do Scunny and everybody has a good night.

Up the Millers.

caytonmiller
15-05-2018, 06:41 PM
As I said Cayton, I usually wait a good 10-15 minutes after the game has finished but masses of people are still shuffling along Don Street past the crumbling G&C building. The situation is then made much worse by people coming across the car park from the West Stand and increasing the crush in the bottleneck where they enter Don Street.
Leaving early is not an option for me, I never do whatever the score.
The exit strategy is dangerous and needs changing but I guess it will take a serious accident before the authorities do anything about it.

As I said m8. Syp prob don't see it as a problem so nothing will be done until as you say. A serious accident happens.. personally as a parent with older kids and as a grandparent or like Dave with a 4 year old. I would be doing everything possible to keep my youngen safe so if it ment leaving 5/10 minutes early or even waiting 1/2 hour I would do it..

Alchemiller Mollis
15-05-2018, 07:47 PM
Farhad, I can't make it to the game tomorrow, but for this to be your first live game...WOW! I am confident we can overcome the Iron, but regardless of the score, under the lights with a full house, you will be in for a treat...especially if we batter them or better still, get a last minute winner like we did recently against Donny.

Enjoy the match, I hope this will be your first of many. If it's any comfort, I've been a Miller for 30 years and I still get nervous before every match.

UTM

mellowmiller
15-05-2018, 07:49 PM
This was last reply to e-mail I sent to SYP back in March

Logged as 1119 23/02/2018

Good Evening,

I can confirm this has been looked into and passed for the attention of our silver commander. I am unable to advise of further details.

Many thanks,

South Yorkshire Police

Have I had a reply
HIF

What the hell is a Silver Commander?
That's a typically unhelpful response from SYP. It's probably code for "go away, we're not interested in anything to do with football supporters. We weren't at Hillsborough and we still aren't." 😕

Alchemiller Mollis
15-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Is their silver commander our Mr Meadows? ��

FarhadRUFC
15-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Farhad, I can't make it to the game tomorrow, but for this to be your first live game...WOW! I am confident we can overcome the Iron, but regardless of the score, under the lights with a full house, you will be in for a treat...especially if we batter them or better still, get a last minute winner like we did recently against Donny.

Enjoy the match, I hope this will be your first of many. If it's any comfort, I've been a Miller for 30 years and I still get nervous before every match.

UTM

Thank you my man, literally the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck whenever I think about it. Been so sick of seeing the New York on the app and highlights show and not knowing what itís truly like inside.

Canít bleeding wait.

mikemiller
15-05-2018, 09:05 PM
You become "Silver Commander" when you've completed screen one as "Space Cadet", I think. If you complete screen two you probably become "Golden Graham". Then if you complete the next screen - successfully dealing with the Millwall hooligans, your status becomes "Platinum Paragon" - nobody has ever reached that level yet

mellowmiller
16-05-2018, 06:15 AM
You become "Silver Commander" when you've completed screen one as "Space Cadet", I think. If you complete screen two you probably become "Golden Graham". Then if you complete the next screen - successfully dealing with the Millwall hooligans, your status becomes "Platinum Paragon" - nobody has ever reached that level yet
😀😁

ThryberghMILLER23
16-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Thank you my man, literally the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck whenever I think about it. Been so sick of seeing the New York on the app and highlights show and not knowing what itís truly like inside.

Canít bleeding wait.

You will love it and the atmosphere should be electric. Don't be afraid to join in the chants no matter where your sat. I'm not there tonight due to funds for various things that are out of my hands, but I'll be watching and singing in the house. UTM

Redshank
16-05-2018, 12:36 PM
There's always a "bottleneck" exiting via Don Street and after bigger games/crowds it's worse, but is it really dangerous? It's not ideal....but dangerous? Really? As far as I am aware, there's never been any hint of a crush, it just takes longer after big games, especially so when away fans' exit is fenced off. There's always going to be delays when 11,500 fans exit more or less at once. It's part and parcel of the whole experience, like it or not. There'd be bigger howls of anguish if there was no segregation at games when trouble was likely and it all kicked off.

I suspect that all this moaning is more a case of folk being racked off cos they're after match pint is being delayed by another 10-15 minutes.

millertop
16-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Some have tripped up near the kerb and knocked into others
It’s even worse when there’s a wheelchair attacking you.

Now if that happens to a tanked up hooligan then I’d suspect that a mini riot could start.

No I don’t drink after the game on night matches

BramleyMiller58
16-05-2018, 12:49 PM
In a word
Potentially

Anybody trips or falls (poor lighting & uneven kerbs) etc then the crowd behind are just going to keep pushing forward.
How would emergency services get through ?

It's not a safe egress exit (IMHO)

flourbasher
16-05-2018, 01:22 PM
Best solution is if we win.

Scunny will go straight away, some RUFC fans will go straight away, some will go after watching the pitch invasion and the rest will leave after they've celebrated on the pitch.

Just need to make sure we get to Wembley and even the police will be happy

Donmiller
16-05-2018, 01:32 PM
There's not really any point in discussing the exit strategy as there is nothing Rotherham can do to change it immediately. SYP refuse to hold fans back, this isn't down to the club it's a police decision. Whilst it's not ideal I wouldn't say its dangerous, it has a potential to be dangerous but I have never seen or heard of anybody being injured. I agree building a bridge/tunnel is a good idea but that's evidently not in our plans as it hasn't ever been mentioned. It's been 6 seasons I think people should just get over it and accept that's going to have to be our exit route for big crowd games. Or just wait 10 min behind at full time if you are that bothered

great_fire
16-05-2018, 04:13 PM
I've seen someone fall there, luckily he got picked up quickly.